- Volume 17 Issue 2
The optimal portfolio selection problem under inflation risk and subsistence constraints is considered. There are index bonds to invest in financial market and it helps to hedge the inflation risk. By applying the martingale method, the optimal consumption rate and the optimal portfolios are obtained explicitly. Furthermore, the quantitative effect of inflation risk and subsistence constraints on the optimal polices are also described.
- M.P. Brennan and Y. Xia, Dynamic Asset Allocation under Inflation, Journal of Finance, 57 (2002), 1201- 1238. https://doi.org/10.1111/1540-6261.00459
- N.Gong and T. Li, Role of Index Bonds in an Optimal Dynamic Asset Allocation Model with Real Subsistence Consumption, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 174 (2006), 710-731. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2005.04.089
- F.F. Gong and E.M. Remolona, Inflation Risk in the US Yield Curve: The Usefulness of Indexed Bonds, Federal Reserve Bank of New York Research Paper 9637, 1996.
- S.P. Kothari and J. Shanken, Asset Allocation with Inflation-protected Bonds, Financial Analysts Journal, 60 (2004), 54-70.
- I. Karatzas and S.E. Shreve, Methods of Mathematical Finance, Springer, New York, 1998.
- P. Lakner and L. M. Nygren, Portfolio Optimzation with Downside Constraints, Mathematical Finance, 16 (2006), 283-299. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9965.2006.00272.x
- R.C. Merton, Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: the Continuous-Time Case, Review of Econmic Statistics, 51 (1969), 247-257. https://doi.org/10.2307/1926560
- R.C. Merton, Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-Time Model, Journal of Economic Theory, 3 (1971), 373-413. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-0531(71)90038-X
- C. Munk, C. Sørensen and T.N. Vinther, Dynamic Asset Allocation under Mean-reverting Returns, Stochastic Interest rates, and Inflation Uncertainty: Are Popular Recommendations consistent with Rational Behavior?, International Review of Econmics and Finance, 13 (2004), 141-166. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iref.2003.08.001
- Y. H. Shin, B. H. Lim, and U. J. Choi, Optimal consumption and portfolio selection problem with downside consumption constraints, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 188 (2007), 747-768.
- S. P. Sethi, M. I. Taksar, and E. L. Presman, Explicit Solution of a General Consumption/Portfolio Problem with Subsistence Consumption and Bankruptcy, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 16 (1992), 747-768. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-1889(92)90056-K