- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
MR 댐퍼를 이용한 전자제어 현가장치의 승차감 평가
Ride Comfort Evaluation of Electronic Control Suspension Using a Magneto-rheological Damper
- Sung, Kum-Gil (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Yeungnam College of Seicence and Technology) ;
- Choi, Seung-Bok (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Inha University)
- 투고 : 2013.03.29
- 심사 : 2013.04.18
- 발행 : 2013.05.20
This paper presents design and control of electronic control suspension(ECS) equipped with controllable magnetorheological(MR) damper for passenger vehicle. In order to achieve this goal, a cylindrical type MR fluid damper that satisfies design specification of a middle-sized commercial passenger vehicle is proposed. After manufacturing the MR damper with design parameters, their field-dependent damping forces are experimentally evaluated and compared with those of a conventional damper. A quarter-vehicle MR ECS system consisting of sprung mass, spring, tire, controller and the MR damper is established in order to investigate the ride comfort performances. On the basis of the governing equation of motion of the suspension system, five control strategies(soft, hard, comfort, sport and optimal mode) are formulated. The proposed control strategies are then experimentally realized with the quarter-vehicle MR ECS system. Control performances such as vertical acceleration of the car body and tire deflection are evaluated in frequency domains on random road condition. In addition, performance comparison of WRMS(weighted root mean square) of the quarter-vehicle MR ECS system on random road are undertaken in order to investigate ride comfort characteristics.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 영남이공대학교
- Gillespie, T. D., 1992, Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics, Society of Automotive Engineers, PA.
- Carlson, J. D. and Cantanzarite, D. M. and St. Clair, K. A., 1995, Commercial Magneto-rheological Fluid Devices, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on ER Fluids, MR Suspensions and Associated Technology, pp. 20-28.
- Spencer Jr., B. F., Dyke, S. J., Sain, M. K. and Carlson, J. D., 1997, Phenomenological Model for a Megnetorheological Damper, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, Vol. 123, No. 3, pp. 230-238. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1997)123:3(230)
- Kamath, G. M., Wereley, N. M. and Jolly, M. R., 1998, Characterization of Semi-active Magneto-rheological Fluid Lag Mode Damper, Proceedings of the SPIE Conference on Smart Structures and Integrated Systems, SPIE pp. 3329-3337.
- Lee, H. S. and Choi, S. B., 2000, Control and Response Characteristics of a Magnetorheological Fluid Damper for Passenger Vehicles, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 80-87. https://doi.org/10.1177/104538900772664422
- Lee, J. W., Seong, M. S., Woo, J. K. and Choi, S. B., 2012, Modeling and Vibration Control of Small-sized Magneto-rheological Damper, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 11, pp. 1121-1127. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.11.1121
- Sung, K. G. and Choi, S. B., 2008, Optimal Design of Magnetorheological Shock Absorbers for Passenger Vehicle via Finite Element Method, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 169-176. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2008.18.2.169
- Karnopp, D. C., Corsby, M. J. and Harwood, R. A., 1974, Vibration Control Using Semi-active Force Generators, ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry, Vol. 96, No. 2, pp. 619-626. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3438373
- International Organization for Standardization Mechanical Vibration and Shock - Evaluation of Human Exposure to Whole-body Vibration, 1997(ISO2631-1:1997).
- Lin, K. Y., Hwang, J. R., Chang, S. H., Fung, C. P. and Chang, J. M., 2006, System Dynamics and Ride Quality Assessment of Automobile, Society Automotive Engineering, 2006-01-1225.
- Random Road Measurement Roughness based on Gauss-Markov Process vol.28, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2018.28.4.432