- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluation on the Applicability of the Conventional Roadbed Stiffness for High Speed Concrete Track
일반철도 노반 강성조건에서의 고속철도용 콘크리트 궤도의 적용성 검토
- Lee, Jin Wook (High-speed Railroad Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Seong Hyeok (High-speed Railroad Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- SaGong, Myung (New Transportation Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lyu, Tae Jin (High-speed Railroad Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2012.08.27
- Accepted : 2013.01.08
- Published : 2013.02.28
Based on Korean railway design standards, the thicknesses of the reinforced roadbeds of conventional and high speed railways are different, and so too, for the size distribution of the ballast particles. Accordingly, considerable cost would be required to increase operating speeds of conventional lines, in particular related to changing from a ballasted track system to a ballastless one. In this study, applicability of a roadbed which supports conventional ballasted track, for use as a ballastless track for a high speed rail line was examined. A reinforced roadbed for a conventional railway is 20cm thick, and the type of material used for a conventional reinforced roadbed is M-40 (crushed gravel for road embankments). A dynamics test was conducted to evaluate the occurrence of the permanent settlement of the track substructure. These results suggest that, without changes to the track substructure, an operational speed of 400km/h is feasible with a ballastless track. This result; however, is from laboratory experiments. Further studies, such as numerical analyses or field validation, are required.
- C.Y. Choi, J.W. Lee, J.H. Bae, E.C. Shin (2007) Sensitivity analysis of the factors influencing for decision of reinforced roadbed thickness, Spring Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 77-82.
- I.H. Lee, S.J. Lee, M.H. Sin, S.K. Hwang et al. (2009) Determination on the reinforced roadbed thickness of concrete track at embankment section, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(6), pp. 835-743.
- E.C. Shin, H.S. Yang, C.Y. Choi (2008) Estimation of reinforced roadbed thickness based on experimental equation, Spring Conference of the Korean Society for railway, pp. 1734-1742.
- Railway Technical Research Institute (2007) Design standards for railway structures and commentary earth structures, railway technical research institute.
- DB Netz AG (1999) Ril 836: Earthworks and geo-technical structures design, build and maintain, DB Netz AG.
- Korea Railway Network Authority (2011) Rail design standard(roadbed), Korea Railway Network Authority.
- Korea Railway Network Authority (2006) KTX Daegu-Ulsan (Track 4Gongu) track laying and other construction, detail design report, Korea Railway Network Authority.
- M. Sunaga (1996) A study on reasonable design method for reinforcing railroad roadbed, Railway Technical Research Institute.
- S.K. Hwang (2000) A study on the roadbed reinforcement materials and bearing capacity improvement methods for railroads, Korea Railroad Research Institute.
- Korea Railway Network Authority (2008) Track maintenance guidelines, Korea Railway Network Authority.
- K.H. Kim, D.S. Kim, S.H. Na, K.D. Shin (2010) An analysis study on earth pressure trends during construction of gyungbu high speed railway using concrete track, Spring Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 671-679.
- S.S. Won, J.W. Lee, S.H. Lee (2012), Assessment for effect of reinforced trackbed thickness applied to ballasted track structure by real-scale loading tests, Spring Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 1481-1488.
- E. Sekine, K Muramoto (1993) Study on Properties of Roadbed Chemically Stabilized, RTRI Report, 7(10), pp. 55-62.