- Volume 40 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Quality characteristics of short bread cookies with added green whole grain rice powder
Whole Green Rice Powder를 첨가한 쇼트 브레드 쿠키의 품질 특성
- Paik, Seung-Hee (Division of Food Service Industry, Cheonan Yonam College) ;
- Lee, Eui-Seok (Department of Food Engineering Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Hong, Soon-Taek (Department of Food Engineering Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Ku, Ja-Hyeong (Department of Horticultural Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Nam, Myoung Soo (Department of Food Engineering Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University)
- 백승희 (천안연암대학 외식산업계열) ;
- 이의석 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 식품공학과) ;
- 홍순택 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 식품공학과) ;
- 구자형 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 원예학과) ;
- 남명수 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 동물바이오시스템과학과)
- Received : 2013.11.20
- Accepted : 2013.11.25
- Published : 2013.12.31
Premature-green rice is typically obtained by early harvest when culms of rice still appear green in color, and the rice and its food products have been considered as wellbeing foods. This study was carried out to determine the quality characteristics of cookies made from flour added with 10, 20, and 30% whole green rice powde r(WGRP) of two kinds of Hopum and Shinsun waxy rice. The quality characteristics of cookies, including pH, spread factor, color, hardness, and sensory properties, were estimated. WGRP with different levels of 10, 20, and 30% was added into powder for preparing cookies, and their quality properties were evaluated. The pH and hardness of the cookies increased, while spread factor showed highest added with 20% Hopum and Shinsun waxy rice. The color (L) of cookies decreased 20% added with Hopum and Shinsun waxy rice. The sensory properties of cookies was highest added with 20% Hopum and 10% Shinsun waxy rice. The result of this study suggest that addition of 20% Hopum and 10% Shinsun waxy rice are available rice cookies. It was concluded that WGRP may have a potential in bakery industry as a new food material.
Supported by : 농림축산식품부
- American Association of Cereal Chemists. 2000.
- Han JS, Kim JA, Han GP, Kim DS, Nobuyuki K, Lee KR. 2004. Quality characteristics of functional cookies with added potato peel. Korean Journal of Society Food Cookery Science 20:607-613.
- Ko YJ, Joo NM. 2005. Quality characteristics of iced cookies with addition of jinuni bean(Rhynchosia volubilis). Korean Journal of Society Food Cookery Science 21:514-527.
- Jeon, ER and ID. Park. 2006. Effect of angelica plant powder on the quality characteristics of batter cake and cookies. Korean Journal of Society Food Cookery Science 22:62-68.
- Jung K-J, Lee S-J. 2011. Quality characteristics of rice cookies prepared with sea mustard (Undaria pinnatifida Suringer) powder. Journal of Korean Society Food Science and Nutrition 40:1453-1459. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.10.1453
- Lee JY, Ju JC, Park HJ, Heu ES, Choi SY, Chin JH. 2006a. Quality characteristics of cookies with bamboo leaves powder. Korean Journal of Food and Nutrition 19:1-7.
- Kang HJ, Choi HJ, Lim JK. 2009. Quality characteristics of cookies with ginseng powder. Journal of Korean Society Food Science and Nutrition38:1595-1599. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.11.1595
- Kim HY, Park JH. 2006. Physicochemical and sensory characteristics of pumpkin cookies using ginseng powder. Korean Journal of Society Food Cookery Science 22:855-863.
- Ku JH (a). 2013. Whole Grain. pp 93-133.
- Ku JH (b). 2013 Mass ptroduction, processing and marketing of whole grain. pp 269.
- Lee JH, Lee HY, Sung CY. 2010. Effect of broccoli powder incorporation on physiochemical properties of cookies. Food Engineering and Progress 14:60-64.
- Lee JO, Kim KH, Yook HS. 2009. Quality characteristics of cookies containing various levels of aged garlic. Journal of the East Asian Society of Dietary Life 19:71-77.
- Nasir M, Siggiq M, Ravi R, Harte JB, Dolan K, Butt MS. 2010. Physical quality characteristics and sensory evaluating of cookies made with added defatted maize flour. Journal of Food Quality 33:72-84. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4557.2009.00291.x
- Park BH, Cho HS, Park SY. 2005. A study on the antioxidative effct and quality characteristics of cookies made with Lycii fructus powder. Korean Journal of Society Food Cookery Science 21:94-102.
- Shin JH, Lee SJ, Choi DJ, Kwen OC. 2007. Quality characteristics of cookies with added concentrations of garlic juice. Korean Journal of Society Food Cookery Science 23:609-614.