- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Donations and Related Variables of Adolescents
청소년의 기부와 관련 변인 연구
- Lee, Chang Seek (Dept. of Child and Adolescent Welfare, Hanseo University) ;
- Song, Kuk Beom (Dept. of Liberal Arts, Hanseo University)
- Received : 2013.11.01
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
This paper aimed to verify the current status of adolescents' donations and predictors influencing their donation behaviors. First, the result revealed that adolescents' donations were higher in the order of time, material, and talent donation. Second, donation motives, attitude towards donation, self-esteem, a sense of community, and trust in charitable organization were positively correlated. Third, the predictors of material donation behaviors of adolescents were gender, age, extrinsic motives, attitude towards donation, sense of community, and trust in charitable organization. And the predictors of time donation behaviors were gender and sense of community, and those of talent donation were age, intrinsic motives and sense of community. The strategies for the activation of adolescents' donations were suggested.
이 논문은 중고대학생 1,230명을 대상으로 기부실태와 기부유형별 기부경험 유무에 영향을 미치는 예측변인을 규명하고자 하였다. 연구결과 청소년들은 시간기부, 물질기부, 재능기부 순으로 많이 하는 것으로 나타났다. 둘째, 청소년의 기부 관련 변인들 즉 기부동기, 기부태도, 자아존중감, 공동체 의식 및 기부기관 신뢰는 정적 상관관계를 보였다. 셋째, 청소년 물질기부 경험 유무의 예측변인은 성별, 연령, 기부 외적 동기, 기부태도, 공동체 의식 및 기부기관 신뢰로 나타났다. 그리고 시간기부 경험 유무의 예측변인은 성별과 공동체 의식이었으며, 재능기부 경험 유무 예측변인은 연령, 기부 내적동기 및 공동체 의식으로 나타나 기부유형별 기부경험 유무에 영향을 미치는 예측변인이 다르게 나타났다. 이러한 결과를 토대로 청소년 기부활성화를 위한 방안을 모색하였다.
Supported by : 한서대학교
- Shelley, L., & Polonsky, M. J. (2002). Do charitable causes need to segment their current donor base on demographic factors? An Australian examination. International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing 7 (1), 19-29. https://doi.org/10.1002/nvsm.164
- Kang, C. H., Chung, S. W., "Analysis by Fixed Effect Regression Method = A Study of the Relationship between Corporate Social Performance and Financial Performance", Korean Social Security Studies, vol. 23, no. 4, pp.29-57, 2007.
- The Areumdaun Foundation Institute of Donation and Donation, Giving Korea, Areumdaun, Seoul, 2010.
- Children Foundation, 2010. www.childfund.or.kr
- Shin, Y. K., "A Study on Factors of Volunteers to Determine Contribution", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Seoui Women's University, 2010.
- Kim, S. J., "A Study of Cultural Arts Revitalization through Talent Donation", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Hongik University, 2012.
- Lee, K. H, "The Relations among Talent Donation and Satisfaction on Military Service", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Dankook University, 2011.
- Donation Information Guide, 2008 www.giveguide. com
- Report of Community Chest of Korea 2006 www.chest.or.kr
- Jeong, H. Y., " A Study on the Factors Influencing Giving Behaviors to Social Welfare Facilities: Focusing on the Amounts and Duration of Donation", Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Sungsil university, 2006.
- Kim, N. S., "(An) Analytical Study on the Mediating Effects of Social Capital on Giving Activities", Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Busan University, 2007.
- Payton, R. L. (1989). Philanthropic Value, Philanthropic Giving. Oxford University Press.
- Kim, Y. K, "(A) Study on Factors Influencing Online Donation Behavior to Charities, Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Ewha Woman's University, 2003.
- Hwang, C. S., Kang, C. H, "A Study on Individual Giving in Korea. An Analysis of the Philanthropic Efforts", Korean Journal of Non-profit Organization, vol. 1, no. 2, 33-73. 2002.
- Kim, K. R., "A Study on the Donating Behavior and related Factors among White Color Worker in Big Enterprise: For the Development of Fund Raising Concerated on Marketing Mix"' Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Ewha Woman's University, 2000.
- Oh, H. J., "(A) Study on Donating Behaviors and its Related Factors of Charitable Donators : Focused on the Amount of Money and Philanthropic Efforts", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Ewha Woman's University, 2003
- Goh, I. K., "A Study on the factors affecting Donation behaviors", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Chatolic University, 2004.
- Han, J. S., "A Study on Factors affecting Sustainable Donation Behaviors", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Ehwa Women's University, 2004.
- Danko, W. D. & Stanley, T. J. (1986). The millionaire next door: the surprising secrets of America's wealthy, The Journal of consumer affairs, 31(1).
- Halfpenny, P. (1991). Individual Giving and Volunteering in Britain: Who Gives What and Why? 5th ed. Charities Aid Foundation, Tonbridge.
- Schlegelmilch, B. (1988). Targeting fund-raising appeal: how to identify donors. European Journal of Marketing, 22(1), 31-40. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb027337
- Independent Sector (1994), Giving and Volunteering in the United States. Findings from a National Survey, 1994 edition.
- Cho, S. R., "A Study on the Factors affecting the Continuity of Sponsor Activities of Sponsors of Social Welfare Institutions, Unpublished Master's Dissertation, 1995.
- Park, J. M, " (A) study on the Management of Donors in Social Welfare Agency : Concentrating on the Factors in Rrelation to Donors' Duration of making a Donation", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Chatolic University, 1995.
- Jeong, Y. S., "Economic Analysis on the Determinants of Charitable Behavior : An Empirical Study on Private Giving Behavior in Korea", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Yeonsei University, 2000.
- Ha, H. J., "A Study on the Factors Influencing Individual Donation in Korea", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Chongju University, 2004.
- Piliavin, J. A., & Charng. H. (1990). Altruism: A review of recent theory and research. Annual Review of Sociology, 16, 27-65. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.so.16.080190.000331
- Park, M, R., " (A) Study of Corporate Employees' Donation Behavior : an Exploration of Marketing Strategy", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Ewha Woman's University, 2001.
- Kim, Y. N. , "A Study on the Donations and Philanthropic Effort in Social Welfare Organization - in Focus of On-line Donation-", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Ewha Women's University, 2002.
- Oh, D. Y., "(A) Study on the Factors Affecting Giving Behavior of Monetary Donors : an Exploratory Study for including Continuous Giving Behavior using Brand Equity, Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Sungkyunkwan University, 2007.
- Glazer, A., & Konrad, K. A. (1996). A signaling explanation for charity. American Economic Review, 86, 1019-1028.
- Yoo, S. J., "A Study on the Determinants of Philanthropy: Focusing on Seoul Citizens", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Yonsei University, 2001.
- Allport, G. W. (1935). Attitude. In C. Murchison(ed). A Handbook of Social Psychology. Worchester, MA: Clark University Press.
- Cho, S. H., "Research on the Factors that Affect Donation Attitude: Concentrated on the University Students", Unpublished Master's Dissertation, Hannam University, 2009.
- Coopersmith, S. (1967). The antecedents of self-esteem. San Francisco : W. H. Freeman.
- Lee, S. E., "A Longitudinal Analysis of Participation in Volunteer Activities and Adolescent Self-Esteem, Korean Journal of Social Welfare Studies, vol. 40, no. 2. 313-335, 2009.
- Salamon, L. M., Wojciech, S. S., & Anheier, H. K. (1996). The Emerging Sector, The Johns Hopkins University.
- Kim, M. S., "A Study on the Factors Related with Adolescents' Donation Motive and Attitude toward Donation", Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Hanseo University, 2013.
- Giving Korea(2010). www.beautifulfund.org
- Cho, H. I., "A Study on Personal and Organizational Traits Related with Volunteer Activities in the Area of Korea Social Welfare", Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Soongsil University, 1991.
- Eun, G. Y., "Reflection Effects of Adolescents' Volunteer Services on Citizenship", Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Seoul National University, pp.112, 2002.
- Ju. J. J., "Effect of Cooperative Learning on Promoting Sense of Community in Social Studies", Seoul National University, p.111, 2003.
- Choi, Y. A., "The Effect of Community Service on the Cultivation of the Senses of Community and Participation", Unpublished Master's Dissertation of Ewha Women's University, 2005.
- Rosenberg, M. (1965). Society and the adolescent self-image. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Drollinger, T. L. (1997). A multidisciplinary model of monetary donations to charitable organization. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Purdue University.