- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Seismic Response of Multi-Supported Spatial Structure under Seismic Excitation
다중지점 지진하중에 대한 아치구조물의 지진응답 분석
- Kim, Gee-Cheo (Seoil University, Dept. of Architecture Eng.) ;
- Kang, Joo-Won (Yeungnam University, School of Architecture)
- Received : 2013.10.21
- Accepted : 2013.11.15
- Published : 2013.12.15
Spatial structures have the different dynamic characteristics from general rahmen structures. Therefore, it is necessary to accurately analyze dynamic characteristics and seismic response for seismic design of spatial structure. Keel arch structure is used as an example structure because it has primary characteristics of spatial structures. In case of spatial structures with different ground condition and time lag, multiple support excitation may be subjected to supports of a keel arch structure. In this study, the response of the keel arch structure under multiple support excitation and with time lag are analyzed by means of the pseudo excitation method. Pseudo excitation method shows that the structural response is divided into two parts, ground displacement and structural dynamic response due to ground motion excitation. It is known that the seismic responses of spatial structure under multiple support excitation are different from those of spatial structure under simple excitation. And the seismic response of spatial structure with time lag are different from those of spatial structure without time lag. Therefore, it has to be necessary to analyze the seismic response of spatial structure under multiple support excitation and time lag because the spatial structure supports may be different and very long span. It is shown that the seismic response of spatial structure under multiple support seismic excitation are different from those of spatial structure under unique excitation.
Supported by : 서일대학
- Sadeghi A. (2004) Horizontal Earthquake Loading and linear/Nonlinear Seismic Behavior of Double Layer Barrel Vaults, International Journal of Space Structure, Vol. 19. No. 1, pp. 21-37. https://doi.org/10.1260/026635104322988344
- Hassan A. M. (2000) Seismic Behavior of Space Structures, International Journal of Space Structure, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 119-135. https://doi.org/10.1260/0266351001495026
- Kang, J. W. and Jeong, C. W. (2008) Seismic Behavior According to Type of Large Spatial Structures, Article of Journal of the Korean Association for Spatial Structures, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 5-12
- Lee, K. S. and Han, S. E. (2009) A Development of Analytical Strategies for Elastic Bifurcation Buckling of the Spatial Structures, Journal of the Korean Society of Steel Construction, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 563-574 (in Korean)
- Han, S. E., Lee, S. J. and Gang, E. K (2006) Evaluation of Performance Point of the Spatial Structures Using the ESDOF System, Proceeding of the Korean Society of Steel Construction, 2006, pp. 200-205.
- Kim, G. C. and Kang, J. W. (2012) Performance Evaluation of Vibration Control of Adjacent Buildings According to Installation Location of MR damper, Journal of the Korean Society of Steel Construction, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 91-99. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2012.24.1.091
- Kang, K. D. (1990) Application of Response Spectrum Method to a Bridge subjected to Multiple Support Excitation, Journal of Korean Societe Civil Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 1-6.
- Kim, H. K. and Suh, J. I. (1997) Nonlinear Earthquake Response Analysis of a Multi-Supported Self-anchored Suspension Bridge, Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 45-58.
- Kwon, J. S., Paik, I. Y. and Chang, S. P. (2004) Dynamic Analysis of Floating Bridge Subjected to Earthquake Load Considering Multi-support Excitation, Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 27-33. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2004.8.2.027
- Sextos, A., Kappos, A. J. and Mergos, P. (2004) Effect of Soil-Structure Interaction and Spatial Variability of Ground Motion on Irregular Bridge: The Case of The Krystallopigi Bridge, 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 1-6, Paper No. 2298.
- Jihong, Y., Zhiqiang, Z. and Ye, C. (2011) Strength failure of spatial reticulated structures under multi-support excitation, Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp, 21-36. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11803-011-0044-6
- Su, L., Dong, S. and Kato, S. (2007) Seismic design for steel trussed arch to multi-support excitations, Journal of Constructional Steel Research 63, pp, 725-734. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2006.09.009