- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Power Sources of Department Store and Fashion Company, and Salesperson's Job Consciousness on Job Satisfaction in the Middle Management System of Department Store
백화점 중간관리 형태에서 백화점 및 패션업체의 권력원천과 판매원의 직업의식이 직무만족에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Hyun-Jin (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Choo, Tae-Gue (Dept. of Fashion Design, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2011.12.26
- Accepted : 2012.03.29
- Published : 2012.04.30
The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of power sources of department store and fashion company, and salesperson's job consciousness on job satisfaction in the middle management system of department store. Questionnaire data from 193 salespeople in the middle management of department store were analyzed by reliability analysis, factor analysis, correlation analysis, multiple regression analysis, hierarchical regression analysis. The results of this study were as follows: First, coercive power, informational and expert power, and referent power of department store had significant effects on job satisfaction. The coercive power of department store had a negative influence on job satisfaction, while informational and expert power, and referent power of department store had a positive influence on job satisfaction. Second, referent power, expert power, reward power, coercive power of fashion company had a positive influence on job satisfaction. Third, referent power of department store had a greater influence on job satisfaction than other power sources. Fourth, job commitment and pride, prospect awareness had a positive influence on job satisfaction, while professional self-awareness had no effect on job satisfaction.
Supported by : 경북대학교
- Ahn, H. S. (2005). A study on job satisfaction and job stress of fashion shop manager. Unpublished doctor's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
- Baek, W. C., & Lee, J. J. (2010). The effect of marketing mix strategies on customer satisfaction and repurchase intention in boxing clubs. The Korean Society of Sports Science, 19(3), 189-202.
- Chung, H. Y., & Jeon, Y. J. (2007). The effects of social recognitions on occupational confidence and job satisfaction among hotel employees in Daejon area. The Korea Contents Society, 7(12), 209-217. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2007.7.12.209
- El-Ansary, A. I., & Stern, L. W. (1972). Power measurement in the distribution channel. Journal of Marketing Research, 9(2), 47-52. https://doi.org/10.2307/3149605
- French, J. R. P., & Raven, B. H. (1959). The bases of social power. In Darwin Cartwright (Eds.), Studies in social power (p. 156). Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.
- Han, S. I. (2010). Development and validity verification of a customer orientation scale for fashion products salespeople. Unpublished doctor's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Hur, J. H., & Ku, Y. S. (2008). Fashion information providers' job satisfaction. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 10(1), 59-67.
- Hunt, Shelby D., & Nevin, J. R. (1974). Power in a channel of distribution: sources and consequences. Journal of Marketing Research, 11(2), 186-193. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150557
- Jeong, Y. Y. (1996). A study on the effectual job-guiding through occupational consciousness for business high school students. Unpublished doctor's thesis, Kongju National University, Kongju.
- Jung, H. J. (1998). The dependence, power sources, and conflict in the women's apparel distribution channel. Journal of Channel and Retailing, 3(1), 123-143.
- Kang, B. H., & Oh, S. J. (2009). The influence of salesperson's customer orientation, role obviousness, role conflict, job satisfaction, and organizational commitment on the company"s performance. Journal of distribution research, 14(3), 1-18.
- Kang, K. K., & Chan, M. H. (2007). Relationship of salesperson's lifestyle, selling behaviors and job satisfaction in retailing. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 7(8), 245-254.
- Kim, J. H. (2006). An influence of emotional disharmony of apparel product salesperson' on their job-attitudes. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Kim, J. Y., & Kim, C. H. (2009). Change in job satisfaction according to Taekwondo master's vocational consciousness. The Journal of Korean Alliance of Martial Arts, 11(3), 319-331.
- Kim, K. E. (2005). Study on effective factors of fashion shop managers' job satisfaction and relationship between their job satisfaction and job outcome. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongduk Womans University, Seoul.
- Kim, K. S. (2000). On interfirm power, channel climate, and solidarity in industrial distributor-supplier dyads. Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, 28(3), 388-405. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070300283007
- Kim, M. N. (2010). The effects of agencies' perceived supplier characteristics on relationship performance and recontracting intention : focused on electronic products agencies. Unpublished doctor's thesis, Chosun University, Gwangju.
- Kim, Y. K. (2003). Study on the effects of secretaries' professionalism on job satisfaction. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Lee, H. I., & Park, J. O. (2010). A study on the impacts of manufacture's sales policy of each power source on sales will by agency. Daehan Academy of Management Information Systems, 29(3), 23-50.
- Lee, H. J., & Choo, T. G. (2011). Fashion product salesperson's perception of positive and negative factors for middle management of department store (I) - Focusing on the relations with fashion company -. Proceedings of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, Spring Conference, Korea, pp. 152-153.
- Lee, J. Y., & Kwon, H. S. (2009). The effect of internal marketing factors in import apparel company on job satisfaction. Journal of fashion business, 13(5), 66-80.
- Lee, K. R. (2010). Effects on job satisfaction of the professional consciousness and self-efficacy of care givers. Unpublished doctor's thesis, Chosun University, Gwangju.
- Lee, S. J. (2002). Current status on the distribution channel of apparel at department store : Focused on the relation between domestic department store management and apparel manufactures. Unpublished doctor's thesis, KonKuk Unversity, Seoul.
- Oh, K. S. (1999). Analysis of enhancing competitiveness of local department store. Journal of Global Academy of Marketing Science, 4, 153-172. https://doi.org/10.1080/12297119.1999.9707459
- Park, K. S., & Yu, H. J. (2010). An analysis on job satisfaction factors of PAS coordinators for persons with disabilities. Journal of Rehabilitation research, 14(4), 29-53.
- Park, S. H. (2008). A study on the relation effects and respons act in the distribution channels of national & foreign clothing brand -The relationship between the department store and the tenant in the department store. Korea Research Academy of Distribution and Management, 11(4), 79-106.
- Row, Y., & Lee, K. H. (2007). Internal service quality, employee satisfaction, and organizational performance of apparel retailers. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing Industry, 9(1), 41-48.
- Row, Y., Lee, K. H., & Park, J. O. (2005). The effect of internal marketing on apparel firms` performance. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 3(3), 452-468.
- Shin, J. H. (2011). The influences of an insurance headquarter's coercive and noncoercive power on its salespersons' job performance, job satisfaction and turnover intention. Unpublished doctor's thesis, PuKyung National University, Busan.
- Steers, R. M., & Porter, L. W. (1983). Motivation and work behavior. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Whang, I. C., & Kim, M. N. (2009). The effects of agencies' perceived manufacturer characteristic on relationship performance and recontracting intention in asymmetric dependence structure. Korean Business review, 2(2), 141-168.
- Whang, S. J., Jeong, M. Y., & Song, K. E. (2007). The effect of apparel product salesperson's role ambiguity and role conflict on jobsatisfaction and customer orientation. Human life science, 10, 63-78.
- Wilkinson, I. F. (1981). Power, conflict, and satisfaction in distribution channels - An empirical study. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Materials Management, 11(7), 20-30. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb014513
- Williams, R. M. (1992). The concept of values. In David L. sills (Eds.), International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, 16 (p. 283). Crowell, Collier & Macmillan.
- Wollack, S., Goodale, J., Witjing, J., & Smith, P. (1971). Development of the survey of work values. Journal of Applied Psychology, 55(4), 331-338. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0031531
- Yoh, E. A. (2009). Effect of emotional labor and organizational support on job stress of department stores' clothing salespeople. Journal of Channel and Retailing, 14(3), 25-43.
- Youn, M. K., & Nam, G. S. (2000). The research of reduction and improvement for midterm dealer in local medium size department store. Journal of Global Academy of Marketing Science, 6, 93-110. https://doi.org/10.1080/12297119.2000.9707399
- Fashion Product Salesperson's Perception of Department Store in Department Store Middle Management System vol.15, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.1.022
- The effects of salesperson's self-determination, shared value, and communication satisfaction on job satisfaction, organizational commitment, and turnover intention in fashion companies vol.24, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7741/rjcc.2016.24.6.825