- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Quality of Life of Women Undergoing Chemotherapy for a Gynaecological Oncological Disease in Turkey
- Akkuzu, Gulcihan (Department of Nursing and Health Services, Faculty of Health Sciences, Baskent University)
- Published : 2012.04.30
Aim: Studies have shown effects of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy on quality of life in cases of gynaecological cancer. Very few studies are available examining the quality of life of individuals in Turkey who have been diagnosed with gynaecological cancer and undergoing treatment. Method: This study was performed to evaluate the quality of life of such patients using the EORTC-QLQ-C30 Quality of Life Index. Chi-square Yates, Mann-Whitney-U tests and variance analysis used for statistical analizing. Results: The EORTC-QLQ-C30 Quality of Life Index mean points for "general well-being and quality of life" of the patients were found to be
- Beser N, Oz F (2003). Kemoterapialan lenfomalı hastaların anksiyete-depresyon duzeylerive yasam kalitesi. C.U. Hemsirelik Yuksekokulu Dergisi, 7, 47-58
- Caplan KC (1987). Definitions and dimensions of quality of life. In: Aaronson NK, Beckmann J, editors. The quality of life of cancer patients. Raven Press.
- Cella DF, Tulsky DS (1990). Measuring quality of life today: Methodological aspects. Oncology, 4, 29-38.
- Chan YM, Ngan Hextan YS, FRCOG Li Billy YG, et al (2001). Longitudinal study on quality of life after gynecologic cancer treatment, Gynecol Oncol, 83, 10-9. https://doi.org/10.1006/gyno.2001.6345
- Costantini M, Mencaglia E, Giulio PD, et al (2000). Cancer patients as experts in defining quality of life domains. A multicentre survey by the Italian group for the evaluation of outcomes in oncology (IGEO). Qual Life Res, 9, 151-9. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008967104082
- Greenlee R, Murray T, Bolden S, Wingo PA (2000). Cancer statistics 2000. CA Cancer J Clin, 50, 7-33. https://doi.org/10.3322/canjclin.50.1.7
- Goker A, Guvenal E, Yanıkkerem E, Turhan A, Koyuncu FM (2011). Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 3121-8.
- Jemal A, Murray T, Samuels A, et al (2003). Cancer Statistics, 2003. CA Cancer J Clin, 53, 5-26. https://doi.org/10.3322/canjclin.53.1.5
- Kornblith AB, Thaler HT, Wong G, et al (1995). Quality of life of women with ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol, 59, 231-42. https://doi.org/10.1006/gyno.1995.0014
- Le T, Leis A, Pahwa P, et al (2004). Quality of life evaluations in patients with ovarian cancer during chemotherapy treatment. Gynecol Oncol, 92, 839-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2003.11.034
- McQuellon RP, Loggie BW, Fleming RA, et al (2001). Quality of life and functional status after intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy (IPHC) for peritoneal carcinomatosis. Eur J Surg Oncol, 27, 65-73. https://doi.org/10.1053/ejso.2000.1033
- Pınar G, Algıer L, Çolak M, Ayhan A (2008). Jinekolojik Kanserli Hastalarda Yaşam Kalitesi. Uluslararasi Hematoloji- Onkoloji Dergisi, 3, 141-9
- Portenoy RK, Kornblith AB, Wong G, et al (1994). Pain in ovarian cancer patients. Prevalence, characteristics, and associated symptoms. Cancer, 74, 907-15. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0142(19940801)74:3<907::AID-CNCR2820740318>3.0.CO;2-#
- Reis N, Coskun A, Kızılkaya Beji N (2006). Jinekolojik Kanserlerde Yasam Kalitesi ve Etkileyen Faktorler. Ataturk Universitesi Hemsirelik Yuksekokulu Dergisi, 9, 25-35
- Reis N, Kizilkaya BN, Coskun A (2010). Quality of life and sexual functioning in gynecological cancer patients: Results from quantitative and qualitative data. Eur J Oncol Nursing, 14, 137-46 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejon.2009.09.004
- Schipper H, Clinch J, McMurray A, Levitt M (1984). Measuring the quality of life of cancer patients: The functional living index-cancer: development and validation. J Clin Oncol, 2, 472-83.
- Ozaras G, Ozyurda F (2010). Quality of life and Influencing factors in patients with gynecologic cancer diagnosis at Gazi University, Turkey. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 1403-8.
- Tahmasebi M, Yanandi F, Eftekhar Z, Montazeri A, Namazi H (2007). Quality of life in gynecologic cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 8, 591-2.
- Thaler HT, McQuellon RP, Moore DH, Donnelly JP, Cella DF (2000). Longitudinal assessment of quality of life in advanced cervical cancer. Quality Life Res, 9, 253.
- Determination of Sexual Problems of Turkish Patients Receiving Gynecologic Cancer Treatment: a Cross-sectional Study vol.15, pp.16, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.16.6657
- Functional Status in Turkish Women with Gynecological Cancer vol.15, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.5.2045
- Clinical Efficacy of Bevacizumab Concomitant with Pemetrexed in Patients with Advanced Non-small Cell Lung Cancer vol.15, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.8.3447
- Prevalence of Anxiety May Not be Elevated in Thai Ovarian Cancer Patients Following Treatment vol.16, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.3.1251
- Effect of Home Care Service on the Quality of Life in Patients with Gynecological Cancer vol.16, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.9.4089