- Volume 26 Issue 2
Case-Control Study on the Relationships between Stroke and Stroke Risk Factors in Korea - Focused on Family History and Past History -
중풍발병과 중풍발병 위험요인들간의 관계에 대한 환자.대조군 연구 - 가족력과 병력을 중심으로 -
- Chang, Mun-Won (Department of Oriental Internal Medicine, Oriental Hospital of Daejeon University) ;
- Ko, Mi-Mi (Brain Disease Research Center, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine) ;
- An, Joung-Jo (Department of Oriental Internal Medicine, Oriental Hospital of Daejeon University) ;
- Yoo, Ho-Rhyong (Department of Oriental Internal Medicine, Oriental Hospital of Daejeon University) ;
- Kim, Yoon-Sik (Department of Oriental Internal Medicine, Oriental Hospital of Daejeon University) ;
- Seol, In-Chan (Department of Oriental Internal Medicine, Oriental Hospital of Daejeon University) ;
- Jo, Hyun-Kyung (Department of Oriental Internal Medicine, Oriental Hospital of Daejeon University)
- 장문원 (대전대학교 대전한방병원 심계내과학교실) ;
- 고미미 (한국한의학연구원 표준화연구본부 뇌질환연구센터) ;
- 안정조 (대전대학교 대전한방병원 심계내과학교실) ;
- 류호룡 (대전대학교 대전한방병원 심계내과학교실) ;
- 김윤식 (대전대학교 대전한방병원 심계내과학교실) ;
- 설인찬 (대전대학교 대전한방병원 심계내과학교실) ;
- 조현경 (대전대학교 대전한방병원 심계내과학교실)
- Received : 2011.11.28
- Accepted : 2012.03.02
- Published : 2012.04.25
The purpose of this case-control study is to investigate the relationship between storke and stroke risk factors, such as family history and past history. The case-control study over clinical data registered from Daejeon Oriental Medical Hospital in the period of November 2006 to July 2010. Study subjects consisted of 108 patients with acute stroke within 1 month as the case group (Cases) and 108 people who visited hospital for health care as the genreral control group (Controls). The participants had been interviewed by residents to find out their family history and past history. Their blood was taken to check the blood lipid level and liver function. 1. The people whose family history included cerebrovascular accident had more probability of stroke than the people who did not have cerebral vascular accident as their family history. 2. The people who suffered from hypertension had more probability of stroke than the people who did not suffer from hypertension. 3. The people who suffered from diabetes mellitus had more probability of stroke than the people who did not suffer from diabetes mellitus. Based on this study, the people who had cerebral vascular accident as their family history should thoroughly treat their blood pressure and blood sugar level to prevent the cerebral vascular accident.
Supported by : 대전대학교
- 전국한의과대학심계내과학교실. 심계내과학. 서울, 군자출판사, pp 169-173, 331-342, 393-408, 2006.
- Desrosiers, J., Bourbonnais, D., Bravo, G., et al. Performance of the 'unaffected' upper extremity of elderly stroke patients. Stroke. 27(9):1564-1570, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.27.9.1564
- Korea national statistical office. 2008 the annual report on the cause of death statistics. 2009.
- Howard, G., Howard, V.J. Distribution of stroke: heterogeneity of stroke by age, race, and sex. In: Mohr, J.P., Choi, D.W., Grotta, J.C., Weir, B., Wolf, P.A., editors. Stroke: pathophysiology, diagnosis and management. Churchill Livingstone. pp 9-12, 2004.
- Feigin, V.L., Lawes, C.M., Bennett, D.A., Anderson, C.S. Stroke epidemiology: a review of population-based studies of incidence, prevalence, and case-fatality in the late 20th century. Lancet Neurology. 2: 43-53, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(03)00266-7
- Kim, J. Post-stroke depression, anxiety, emotional incontinence, anger proness and fatigue. Journal of Korean Neurological Association. 23: 1-8, 2005.
- Lee, B.C., Yu, K.H. Epidemiology of stroke in Korea. Journal of Korean Med Sci. 45: 1415-1421, 2002.
- Jung, W.S., Sun, J.J., Jung, J.H., Moon, S.K., Cho, K.H., Ko, S.G., et al. Analysis of 353 consecutive patients with acute ischemic stroke from the Hanbang Stroke Registry. Journal of Korean Oriental Med. 28(1):35-41, 2007.
- Goldstien, L.B., Adams, R., Becker, K., Furberg, C.D., Gorelick, P.B., Hademenos, G., et al. Primary prevention of ischemic stroke; a statement for healthcare professionals from the Stroke Council of the American Heart Association. Stroke. 32: 280-299, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.32.1.280
- Lee, B.C., Jeong, S.C., hwang, S.H., Kim, H.C., Bae, J.C., Ma, H.I., et al. Analysis of 1,129 conseutive patients with acute stroke; the Hallym Stroke Registry. Korean Journal of Stroke. 1(1):21-27, 1999.
- Yu, K.H., Ma, H.I., Jeong, S.C., Lee, B.C. Web-based multicenter integrated stroke databank system, Korean Journal of Stroke. 3: 25, 2001.
- 대한뇌졸중학회. 뇌졸중. 서울, 이퍼블릭, pp 29-56, 2010.
- 질병관리본부. 2007년 국민건강영양조사. 서울, 2007.
- Yu, K.H., Lee, B.C. Analysis of 10,811 cases with acute ischemic stroke from Korean Stroke Registry; hospital-based multicenter prospective registration study. Journal of Korean Neurol Assoc. 24(6):535-543, 2006.
- Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Execute summary of the third report of the national cholesterol education p program (NCEP) expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (adult treatment panel III). JAMA 285: 2486-2497, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.285.19.2486