- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Wideband Circularly Polarized Pinwheel-Shaped Planar Monopole Antenna for Wireless Applications
- Lee, Wang-Sang (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Oh, Kyoung-Sub (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Yu, Jong-Won (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
- 투고 : 2012.01.19
- 심사 : 2012.04.03
- 발행 : 2012.06.30
A wideband circularly polarized pinwheel-shaped planar monopole antenna fed by a wideband feeding network is presented in this paper. The proposed antenna is formed by four wideband planar monopole antenna elements with aquadruple feeding network in order to improve the performance of circular polarization. Additionally, the antenna, which is introduced here, has a high gain in the z axis direction because of its folded antenna structure. The attractive characteristics of the proposed antenna are the wide impedance bandwidth of 87.3 % (1 GHz to 2.55 GHz), the 3 dB axial ratio (AR) bandwidth of 92.3 % (1.05 GHz to 2.85 GHz), and the maximum gain within the 3 dB AR bandwidth is about 8.24 dBic.
- N. P. Agrawall, G. Kumar, and K. P. Ray, "Wideband planar monopole antennas," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 294-295, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.660976
- M. J. Ammann, Z. N. Chen, "Wideband monopole antennas for multiband wireless systems," IEEE Antennas Propagation Magazine, pp. 146-150, Apr. 2003.
- Kin-Lu Wong, Chih-Hsien Wu, and Saou-Wen Su, "Ultrawide-Band square planar netal-plate monopole antenna with a trident-shaped feeding strip," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1262-1269, Apr. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2005.844430
- S. M. Mazinani, H. R. Hassani, "A novel broadband plate-loaded planar monopole antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Papers, vol. 8, pp. 1123-1126, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2009.2033952
- B. Y. Toh, R. Cahill, and V. F. Fusco, "Understanding and measuring circular polarization," Eduation, IEEE Transaction on, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 313-318, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TE.2003.813519
- P. C. Sharma, Kuldip C. Gupta, "Analysis and optimized design of signal feed circularly polarized microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans on Antennas and Propagat., vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 949-955, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1983.1143162
- Kin-Lu Wong, Jian-Yi Wu, "Single-feed small circularly polarized square microstrip antenna," Electronics Papers, vol. 33, no. 22, pp. 1833-1834, 1997.
- S. Matsuzawa, K. Ito, "Circularly polarized printed antenna fed by coplanar waveguide," Electronics Papers, vol. 32, no. 22, pp. 2035-2036, 1996.
- H. Kawakami, G. Sato, and R. Wakabayashi, "Research on circularly polarized conical-beam antennas," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 27-39, Jun. 1997.
- K. L. Lau, K. M. Luk, "A wideband circularly polarized conical-beam patch antenna," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 1591-1594, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2006.874361
- K. L. Chung, "A wideband circularly polarized Hshaped patch antenna," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 3379- 3383, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2010.2055794
- Pui-Yi Yung, K. K. -O. Yung, and E. K. -N., "A low-cost printed CP patch antenna for RFID smart bookshelf in library," Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 1583-1589, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2035992
- Kin-Lu Wong, Tzung-Wern Chiou, "Broad-band single-patch circularly polarized microstrip antenna with dual capacitively coupled feeds," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 41-44, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.910527
- Wang Yazhou, Su Donglin, and Xiao Yongxuan, "Broadband circularly polarized square microstrip antenna," Antennas, Propagation and EM Theory, 2006, ISAPE 2006 7th International Symposium on, pp. 1-4, 2006.
- Kah-Wee Khoo, Yong-Xin Guo, and ChuenOng Ling, "Wideband circularly polarized dielectric resonator antenna," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 7, Jul. 2007.
- Lingling Zhong, Jinghui Qiu, Zhang Ning, and Sun Bo, "Analysis and design of novel directional ultra wide-band antennas," International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, 2008.
- Lingling Zhong, Jinghui Qiu, Zhang Ning, and Zhao Bo, "Novel ultrawide-band wide beam circular polarization antenna," Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, 2007.
- LTCC hybrid coupler, "RCP1850S03N," RN2 Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Zhen-Yu Zhang, Yong-Xin Guo, ChuenOng Ling, and M. Y. W. Chia, "A new wide-band planar balun on a single-layer PCB," Microwave and Wireless Components Papers, IEEE, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 416-418, Jun. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2005.850486
- SINGLE-FEED TRIPLE-BAND CIRCULARLY POLARIZED SPIDRON FRACTAL SLOT ANTENNA vol.143, 2013, https://doi.org/10.2528/PIER13090501
- Compact Circularly Polarized Composite Cavity-Backed Crossed Dipole for GPS Applications vol.13, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5515/JKIEES.2013.13.1.44
- The Design of a Dual-Polarized Small Base Station Antenna With High Isolation Having a Metallic Cube vol.63, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2014.2379939
- Single-Feed, Wideband, Circularly Polarized, Crossed Bowtie Dipole Antenna for Global Navigation Satellite Systems vol.14, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5515/JKIEES.2014.14.3.299