- Volume 32 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of Fermented feed with Agricultural by-products on the Growth Performance and Nutrients Utilization in Fattening Korean Black Goats
농산부산물 발효사료 급여가 비육흑염소의 생산성 및 영양소 이용율에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Sun-Ho (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- HwangBo, Soon (Daegu University) ;
- Kim, Sang-Woo (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Cho, Young-Moo (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Yoo, Yeoung-Hee (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Tae-Il (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Maeong-Joung (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, Sang-Min (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Choi, Chang-Weon (Daegu University) ;
- Seo, Byeong-Bu (Daegu University) ;
- Jo, Ik-Hwan (Daegu University) ;
- Hong, Seonng-Gu (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA)
- 최순호 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 황보순 (대구대학교) ;
- 김상우 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 조영무 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 유용희 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 김태일 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 김맹중 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 이상민 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 최창원 (대구대학교) ;
- 서병부 (대구대학교) ;
- 조익환 (대구대학교) ;
- 홍성구 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원)
- Received : 2012.01.04
- Accepted : 2012.02.29
- Published : 2012.03.31
This study was conducted to investigate the feeding fermented agro-industrial by-products on estimating the productivity and nutrient utilization of fattening black goats. Four experimental groups were set up with each of 6 animals for a 30 days feeding trial on growth performance and 12 black goats on nutrient digestibility were allocated to 4 groups of 3 animals each by latin-square design, control (offered concentrate and rice straw) and 3 treatment groups (offered fermentation feed and rice straw). Average daily gain (ADG) showed a significant high in control group, T3 was lower than other groups (p<0.05). DM and OM intake (kg/head) were 718.8, 680.9 g and 634.2~699.2 g, 602.8~660.4 g for control and treatment groups, respectively. As increasing of rice bran content was decreased feed intake. Digestibility of DM and OM for control group were significantly higher than treatment groups (p<0.05), and T3 treatment group with 30% rice bran was the lowest among treatment groups. Nitrogen retention was significantly higher in control and T1 groups. Thus, these results showed that productivity and nutrient utilization were similar between fermentation feeds with agricultural by-products and commercial feeds. However, this study was suggested that it must contain less than 5.0% crude fat because of feed efficient was decreased by increasing of rice bran content.
본 연구는 농산부산물을 이용한 발효사료의 급여효과를 알아보기 위해 비육 흑염소의 생산성 및 영양소 이용률을 조사하였다. 증체조사를 위한 사양시험은 거세흑염소 24두를 이용하여 처리구당 6두씩 30일 수행하였고, 소화율 시험은 거세흑염소 12두를 공시하여 처리구당 3두씩 라틴방각법으로 실시하여, 처리구는 대조구(배합사료 및 볏짚 급여구)와 3개의 시험구(발효사료와 볏짚 급여구)로 각각 배치하였다. 일당증체량은 대조구가 가장 높았고, T3구가 가장 낮았다(p<0.05). 1일 두당 건물섭취량과 유기물섭취량은 시판사료를 급여한 대조구가 각각 718.8과 680.9 g, 농산부산물 첨가구가 각각 634.2~699.2와 602.8~660.4 g으로 나타나 농산부산물 중 미강 첨가구가 높을수록 섭취량이 낮아지는 경향으로 나타났다. 건물과 유기물 소화율은 대조구가 농산부산물 첨가구보다 유의하게 높았고(p<0.05). 시험구간에는 미강을 30% 첨가한 T3구가 가장 낮았다(p<0.05). 질소 축적률은 대조구와 T1구가 유의하게 높았다. 따라서, 본 연구의 결과 농산부산물을 이용한 발효사료(T1과 T2구)는 시판사료를 급여한 대조구와 비교 시 증체는 86~90%, 건물소화율은 91.7~93.1%의 수준을 보였으며, 질소이용성은 대등한 수준을 보였다. 그러나 미강의 첨가 비율이 높아질수록 사료효율 저하가 우려되므로 조지방 함량을 5.0% 이하로 배합하는 것이 필요하다 판단된다.
- A.O.A.C. 1995. Official Methods of Analysis. 16th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington, DC.
- Atti, N., H. Rouissi and M. Mahouachi. 2004. The effect of dietary crude protein level on growth, carcass and meat composition of male goat kids in Tunisia. Small Rumin. Res. 54:89-97. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.smallrumres.2003.09.010
- Beever, D.E., M. Gill, J.M. Dawson and P.J. Butery. 1990. The effect of fish meal on the digestion of grass silage by growing cattle. Brit. J. Nutr. 63:498-502.
- Belibasakis, N.G. and D. Tsirgogianni. 1996. Effects of wet brewers grains on milk yield, milk composition and blood components of dairy cows in hot weather. animal Feed Science and Technology 57:175-181. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-8401(95)00860-8
- Chiou, P.W.S., C.R. Chen, K.J. Chen and B. Yu. 1998. Wet brewers' grains or bean curd pomance as partial replacement of soybean meal for lactating cows. Animal Feed Science and Technology 74:123-134. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-8401(98)00170-9
- Choi, S.H., S. Hwangbo, S.W. Kim, B.D. Sang, Y.K. Kim and I.H. Jo. 2006a. Effects of total mixed ration with wet brewer's grain on nutrient utilization in breeding Korean native goats. J. Kor. Grassl. Forage Sci. 26(3):147-154. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2006.26.3.147
- Choi, S.H., S. Hwangbo, S.W. Kim, B.D. Sang, Y.K. Kim and I.H. Jo. 2006b. Effects of total mixed ration with wet brewer's grain on the performance and nutrient utilization in castrated Korean black goats. J. Kor. Grassl. Forage Sci. 26(4):199-206. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2006.26.4.199
- Elliott, J.P., J.K. Drackley, C.G. Aldrich and N.R. Merchen. 1997. Effects of saturation and esterification of fat sources on site and extent of digestion in steers: Ruminal fermentation and digestion of organic matter, fiber, and nitrogen. J. Anim. Sci. 75:2803.
- Gondwe, T.N.P., J.P. Mtimuni and A.C.L. Safalaoh. 1999. Evaluation of brewery by-products replacing vitamin premix in broiler finisher diets. Indian Journal of Animal Sci. 69:347-349.
- Haddad, S.G. 2005. Effect of dietary forage: concentrate ratio on growth performance and carcass characteristics of growing Baladi kids. Small Rumin. Res. 57:43-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.smallrumres.2004.05.001
- Hathch, C.F., T.W. Perry, M.T. Mohler and W.M. Beeson. 1972. Effect of corn distillers solubles and brewers dried grains with yeast in ureacontaining rations on steer with yeast in ureacontaining rations on steer performance. J. Anim. Sci. 34:326.
- Jia, Z.H., T. Sahlu, J.M. Fernandez, S.P. Hart and T.H. Teh. 1995. Effects of dietary protein level on performance of Angora and cashmere-producing Spanish goats. Small Rumin. Res. 16:113-119. https://doi.org/10.1016/0921-4488(95)00616-S
- Jo, I.H., S. Hwangbo, J.H. Ahn and J.S. Lee. 1999. Use of apple pomace and rice bran of agricultural by products for the development of diets of Korean native growing goats. Kor. J. Anim. Nutr. Feed. 23(4):327-334.
- Kim, Y.I., S.H. Jung, S.Y. Yang, J.W. Huh and W.S. Kwak. 2007. Ruminant Nutrition : Effects of cellulolytic microbes inoculation during deep stacking of spent mushroom substrates on cellulolytic enzyme activity and nutrients utilization by sheep. J. Anim. Sci. & Technol. (Kor.) 49(5):667-676. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2007.49.5.667
- Lee, D.Y., J.L. Go, N.J. Choe, S.S. Lee, J.Y. Song, S.Y. Lee, S.H. Park, H.G. Seong and J.G. Ha. 2003. Ruminant nutrition : Effects of types of TMR on rumen fermentation characteristics and nutrients digestibility in sheep. J. Anim. Sci. & Technol. (Kor.) 45(5):805-812. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2003.45.5.805
- Lee, S.M. 2008. Effects of agricultural by-product feeds on growth and carcass characteristics of Korean native steer. J. Kor. Grassl. Forage Sci. 28(1):41-48. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2008.28.1.041
- Macleod, A.M. 1979. The physiology of malting, In: Pollock, J. R. A.(Ed). Brewing Science, vol. 1. Academic Press, New York, pp. 145-232.
- Maczulak, A.E., B.A. Dehority and D.L. Palmquist. 1981. Effect of long-chain fatty acids on growth of rumen bacteria. Appl. and Envi. Microbio. 42(5):856-862.
- Mahgoub, O., C.D. Lu and R.J. Early. 2000. Effects of dietary energy density on feed intake body weight gain and carcass chemical composition of Omani growing lambs. Small Rumin. Res. 37:35-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-4488(99)00132-7
- McCarthy, F.D., S.A. Norton and W.H. McClure. 1990. Utilization of an ensiled wet brewers' grains-corn mixture by growing lambs. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 28:29-38. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-8401(90)90065-G
- NRC. 1981. Nutrient requirements of goats, National academy of sciences - National reserch council, Washington D. C.
- Osuagwuh, A.I.A. and A.O. Akinsoyinu. 1990. Efficiency of nitrogen utilization by pregnant West African dwarf goats fed various levels of crude protein in the diet. Small Rumin. Res. 3:363-371. https://doi.org/10.1016/0921-4488(90)90017-Z
- Palmquist, D.L. and T.C. Jenkins. 1980. Fat in lactation ration. Rev. J. Dairy Sci., 63:1-14. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(80)82881-5
- Polan, C.E. and T.A. Herrington, W.A. Wark and L.E. Armentano. 1985. Milk production response to diets supplemented with dried brewers grains, wet brewers grains, or soyahean meal. J. Dairy Sci. 68:2016-2026. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(85)81063-8
- RDA National Institute of Animal Science. 2007. The use of valuable microorganisms in livestock industry. Sammi Press. Suwon. pp. 42-48.
- SAS. 2000 SAS/STAT(R) User's guide (Release 8.1 ed.). Statistics, SAS Inst, Inc., Cary, NC.
- Steel, R.G.D. and J.H. Torrie. 1980. Principles and procedures of statistics: A biometrical approach (2nd Ed.). McGraw-Hill Bok Co., New York.
- Van Soest, P.J., J.B. Robertson and B.A. Lewis. 1991. Methods for dietary fiber, neutral detergent fiber, and non-starch polysaccharides in elation to animal nutrition. J. Dairy Sci. 74:3583-3597. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(91)78551-2
- West, J.W., L.O. Ely and S.A. Martin. 1994. Wet brewers grains for lactating dairy cows during hot. humid weather. J. Dairy Sci. 77:1496.
- Effects of Total Mixed Fermentations with Spent Mushroom (Flammuliua velutipes) and Wet Brewer's Grain on Growth Performance, Feed Intake and Nutrient Digestibility in Korean Black Goats vol.34, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2014.34.1.45