- Volume 12 Issue 4
Family member network of kings in Chosun dynasty shows scale free network properties as if most social networks do. One of distinct topological properties of the network is relatively high diameter that reflects dataset composed of the one generation continuously falling to next one. When k-core algorithm as a useful tool for obtaining a core network from the complex family member network was employed, it is possible to obtain hidden and valuable information from a complex network. Unfortunately, it is found that k-core algorithm is not useful tool for applying narrow and deep structural network. The family member network is composed of kings, queens, princes, and princesses. It is possible to separate sub-family members and to construct sub-family member networks such as queen-centered, prince-centered, and princess-centered networks. Sub-family member networks provide an useful and hidden information. These results provide new insight that is analyzed by network-based approaches for the family member of the kings in the Chosun dynasty.
Supported by : 충북대학교
- R. Gallagher and T. Appenzeller, "Beyond reductionism," Science, Vol.87, No.5411, p.79, 1999.
- Linton Freemann, The Development of Social Network Analysis. Empirical Press, 2006.
- A. L. Barabasi and Z. N. Oltvai, "Network biology: understanding the cell's functional organization," Nature Rev. Gen. Vol.5, No.2, pp.101-113, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrg1272
- Y. Y. Liu, J. J. Slotine, and A. L. Barabasi, "Controllability of complex networks," Nature Vol.473, No.7346, pp.167-173, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature10011
- N. Goldenfeld and L. P. Kadanoff, "Simple lessons from complexity," Science, Vol.87, No.5411, pp.87-89, 1999.
- D. Watts and S. Strogatz, "Collective dynamics of 'small-world' networks," Nature, Vol.393, No.6684, pp.409-410, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1038/30835
- R. Albert, H. Jeong, and A. L. Barabasi, "Internet: Diameter of the world-wide web," Nature, Vol.401, No.6749, pp.130-131, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1038/43601
- H. Jeong, B. Tombor, R. Albert, Z. N. Oltvai, and A. L. Barabási, "The large-scale organization of metabolic networks," Nature, Vol.407, No.6804, pp.651-654, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1038/35036627
- J. Stiller, D. Nettle, and R. Dunbar, "The small world of Shakespeare's plays," Human Nature, Vol.14, No.4, pp.397-408.
- 류제운, 김학용, "한국영화 100선에 등장하는 영화배우 네트워크 확장 패턴 분석", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제7호, pp.420-428, 2009.
- 강병남, 고광일, 이덕선, 김두철, "복잡계 네트워크의 구조적 특징과 동역학 현상", 새물리, 제48권, 제2호, pp.115-141, 2004.
- D. Liben-Nowell and J. Kleinberg, "Tracing information flow on a global scale using internet chain-letter data," PNAS, Vol.105, No.12, pp.4633-4638.
- Y. K. Lee, J. Ku, J. W. Ryu, H. Y. Kim, M. H. Yeo, J. S. Yoo, and J. S. Chung, "Comparison of the network structure and the pattern of network extension in intracellular organelles of yeast," J. Kor. Phys. Soc., Vo1.58, No.2, pp.372-376, 2011. https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.58.372
- 정진수, 김학용, "고구려, 백제, 신라 왕조실록 인명 네트워크 분석", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제5호, pp.474-480, 2011.
- 김종성, 왕의 여자, 역사의 아침, 2011.
- 신명호, 조선공주실록, 역사의 아침, 2009.
- 임중웅, 조선왕비열전, 도서출판 선영사, 2008
- J. I. Alvarez-Hamelin, L. Dall'Asta, A. Barrat, and A. Vespignani, "K-core decomposition: a tool for the visualization on large scale networks," eprint cs.NI/0504107, 2005.
- 김상락, "문학 작품에서의 복잡계 연결망 분석: 소설 토지를 중심으로", 새물리, 제50권, 제4호, pp.267-271, 2005.
- 박영규, 조선왕조실록, 웅진지식하우스, 2004.