- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study of the Applicability of Cross-Section Method for Cut-Slope Stability Analysis
개착사면의 안정성 해석을 위한 횡단면 기법의 활용성 고찰
- 조태진 (부경대학교 에너지자원공학과) ;
- 황택진 (동의대학교 토목공학과) ;
- 이근호 ((주)호승이앤씨) ;
- 조계성 (두산건설(주) 인프라BG) ;
- 이상배 ((주)락인포 연구개발부)
- Received : 2012.02.08
- Accepted : 2012.02.27
- Published : 2012.02.29
Stability of cut-slope, the orientation and dimension of which are gradually changed, has been analyzed by employing the cross-section method capable of comprehensibly considering the lithological, structural and mechanical characteristics of slope rock. Lithological fragility is investigated by inspecting the drilled core logs and BIPS image has been taken to delineate the rock structure. Engineering properties of drilled-core including the joint shear strength have been also measured. Potential failure modes of cut-slope and failure-induced joints are identified by performing the stereographic projection analysis. Traces of potential failure-induced joints are drawn on the cross-section which depicts the excavated geometry of cut-slope. Considering the distribution of potential plane failure-induced joint traces blocks of plane failure mode are hypothetically formed. The stabilities and required reinforcements of plane failure blocks located at the different excavation depth have been calculated to confirm the applicability of the cross-section method for the optimum cut-slope design.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 조태진, 박소영, 이상배, 이근호, 원경식, 2006, "개착사면의 구조적 특성과파괴양상을 고려한 계측 해석", 한국암반공학회지, 16, pp. 451-466.
- 조태진, 이창영, 고기성, 2004, "개착과정에서 인장균열이 발생된 동해고속도로 건설현장 암반사면의 거동해석", 한국지반공학회지, 20.8, pp. 15-27.
- Barton, N., Bandis, S. C. and Bakhtar, K., 1985, "Strength, deformation and conductivity of rock joints", Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. & Geomech. Abstr., Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 121-140.
- Hoek, E. and Bray, J., 1974, Rock slope Engineering, The Institution of Mining and Metallurgy, London.
- ISRM, 1981, Rock characterization, testing and monitoring, In: Brown ET (ed) Suggested methods. Pergamon Press, Oxford, pp. 211.
- Mahtab, M. A. and Yegulalp, T. M., 1982, "A rejection criterion for definition of clusters in orientation data", Proc. 22nd Symposium on Rock Mechanics, R. E. Goodman and F. E. Heuze ed., Berkeley, pp. 116-23.
- Woodcook, N. H., 1977, "Specification of fabric shapes using an eigenvalue method", Bulletin of the Geological Society of America, Vol. 88, pp. 1231-1236. https://doi.org/10.1130/0016-7606(1977)88<1231:SOFSUA>2.0.CO;2
- Raax, 1997, Borehole Image Processing System Information. Sapporo, Japan.
- Read, S., Richards, L. and Cook, G., 2003, "Rock mass defect patterns and the Hoek-Brown failure criterion", Proc. 10th Cong. ISRM, South Africa. pp. 947-954.
- Yoon, K. S., T. F. Cho, B. O. You, B. O. and K. S. Won, 2003, A new approach for borehole joint investigation development of discontinuity orientation measurement drilling system, Proc. 10th Cong. ISRM. South Africa, pp. 1355-1358.