- Volume 33 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Relationships between Job Satisfaction, Teacher Efficacy, and Job Stress of Early Childhood Teachers
유아교사의 직무만족도와 교사효능감 및 직무스트레스의 관계 연구
- Received : 2012.04.30
- Accepted : 2012.08.10
- Published : 2012.08.31
The aim of this study is to examine the influence of job stress and teacher efficacy on early childhood teachers' job satisfaction levels. Data from 321 early childhood teachers working in kindergarten and child-care centers located in Incheon metropolitan city were collected. The data was analyzed by means of the SPSS 18.0 package. The results of this study were as follow; first, job stress was negatively correlated with job satisfaction. Job satisfaction levels were positively correlated with teacher efficacy. Secondly, job stress had a negative influence on job satisfaction levels. Teacher efficacy had a positive influence on job satisfaction levels. Thirdly, job stress had a directly negative influence on job satisfaction levels. It was also revealed that teacher efficacy had an indirect effect on the relationship between job stress and job satisfaction levels.
- Bandura, A. (1977). A self-efficacy : Toward unifying of behavioral change. Psychological Review, 84(2), 186-215.
- Brenner, S., & Bartell, R. (1984). The teacher stress process : a cross-cultural analysis. Journal of Occupational Behavior, 5(3), 183-195. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030050303
- Clark, E. H. (1980). An analysis of occupational stress factors as perceived by public school teacher. Unpublished doctoral Dissertation. Auburn University.
- Chung, H. W., & Lee, O. K. (2011). The influence of job stress, ego-resiliency and social support on job satisfaction among beginning and experienced preschool teachers. Journal of Korean Society of Early Childhood Education, 31(3), 31-53.
- Chung, K. J. (2007). Effects of Job Stress and Self-Efficacy on Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention among Educare Teachers, Unpublished master's thesis, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea.
- Chung, U. A. (2001). A Study on the Relation between Organizational Climate, Teachers' Sense of Efficacy and Job Stress of Kindergarten, Unpublished master's thesis, Taegu University, Daegu, Korea.
- D'Arienzo, R. V., Moracco, J. C., & Krajewski, R. J. (1982). Stress in teaching. Washington, DC : University Press of America.
- Enochs, L., & Riggs, I. (1990). Further development of an elementary science teaching efficacy belief instrument : A preservice elementary scale. School Science and Mathematics, 90, 694-706. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1949-8594.1990.tb12048.x
- Enochs, L. G., & Riggs, I. M. (1990). Toward the development of an efficacy belief instrument for elementary teachers. Science Education, 79, 63-75.
- Gibson, S., & Dembo, M. H. (1984). Teacher efficacy : A construct validation. Journal of Educational Research, 76, 569-582.
- Hoy, W. K., & Woolfolk, A. E. (1993). Teacher's sense of efficacy and the organizational health of school. Elementary School Journal, 93, 356-372.
- Ha, K. K. (1989). Developing the scale of job stress for elementary teacher. Unpublished mater's thesis, Chonnam National University. Gwangju. Korea.
- Jang, E. J. (1997). Effects of Self-efficacy and social support on life satisfaction and health, Unpublished master's thesis, Chungang University, Seoul, Korea.
- Jung, Y. H. (2002). A Study on a Relationship of the Job Stress and Satisfaction of Private Kindergarten Teachers, Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kang, H. K. (2002). A Study on the Effects of Daycare Teachers' Job Stress on Their Job Satisfaction : Focused on those Daycare Teachers Working for the Daycare Facilities in Buchon-si, Kyonggi-do, Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, A. Y. (2012). Teacher Efficacy : The Key Factor of Teacher Professionalism. Journal of Korean Educational Psychology Association, 26(1), 63-84.
- Kim, B., Shin, H. Y. (2000). An Exploratory Study on Job Stress of Day Care Teacher. Journal of Korean Society of Early Childhood Education, 20(3), 253-276.
- Kim, H. J. (2002). The Relationships Among Organizational Climate, Teachers' Sense of Efficacy and Occupational Stress in the Kindergartens, Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, H., & Lee, B.-R. (1999). A Study on Factors Influencing Teachers' Sense of Efficacy. The Journal of Korean Teacher Education, 16(1), 161-181.
- Kim, H. M. (2005). A Study on Working Environment and Job Satisfaction for Nursery School Teachers, Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, H. N., & Seo, S. J. (2012). The Relationships between Maternal Attachment and Infant Development : The Mediating Effect of Parenting Efficacy. The journal of Korea Early Childhood Education, 19(1), 307-329.
- Kim, Y. J. (2004). Relationship between Daycare Teacher's Job Stress and Their Job Satisfaction, Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu, Korea.
- Kwon, H. K. (2003). Job-related Stress and Job Satisfaction of Teachers in Educare Centers, Unpublished master's thesis, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea.
- Kyriacou, C. (2001). Teacher stress : directions for future research. Educational Review, 53(1), 27-35. https://doi.org/10.1080/00131910120033628
- Kyriacou, C. & Sutcliffe, J. (1978). Teacher stress prevalence, source and symptoms. British Journal of Educational Psychology, 48, 2-28.
- Lee, H. M. (2009). Effects of Child Care Teachers' Sense of Efficacy and Belief on Job Stress. Korea Journal of Child Care and Education, 56, 187-208.
- Lee, M. Y. (2005). Research on the correlation between nursery teachers' sense of efficiency and job satisfaction, Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyul University, Anyang, Korea.
- Lee, S. H., & Park, Y. S. (2007). A Study on Child Care Teachers' Efficacy and Job Satisfaction, Journal of Korean Open Early Childhood Education, 12(1), 31-50.
- Lim, J.-H. (1999). Relations Among Kindergarten Beginning Teacher's Self-Efficacy, Social Support and Occupational Stress, Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Park, G. H. (2003). A Study on Self-Concept and Job Satisfaction by Background Variables of Kindergarten Teachers, Unpublished master's thesis, Korea National University of Education, Cheongju, Korea.
- Park, H. J. (2000). (A) Study on the Relationship between Teachers' Job Stress and Job Satisfaction in Public Kindergarten, Unpublished master's thesis, Kyong-gi University, Seoul, Korea.
- Shin, D.-H. (2004). Child Care Teacher's Job Stress and Job Satisfaction, Unpublished master's thesis, Hoseo University. Cheonan, Korea.
- Shin, E. J. (2008). An Analysis on Preschool Teacher's Job Satisfaction, Job Stress, and Psychological Well-being Based on Their Work Environments and Characteristics, Unpublished master's thesis, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea.
- Yoon, H. M., & Chung, K. J. (2008). Effects of Job Stress and Self-Efficacy on Preschool Teachers' Job Satisfaction. Journal of Human Ecology, 12(1), 81-95.