- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A High-Speed Autonomous Navigation Based on Real Time Traversability for 6×6 Skid Vehicle
실시간 주행성 분석에 기반한 6×6 스키드 차량의 야지 고속 자율주행 방법
- Received : 2011.12.30
- Accepted : 2012.01.25
- Published : 2012.03.01
Unmanned ground vehicles have important military, reconnaissance, and materials handling application. Many of these applications require the UGVs to move at high speeds through uneven, natural terrain with various compositions and physical parameters. This paper presents a framework for high speed autonomous navigation based on the integrated real time traversability. Specifically, the proposed system performs real-time dynamic simulation and calculate maximum traversing velocity guaranteeing safe motion over rough terrain. The architecture of autonomous navigation is firstly presented for high-speed autonomous navigation. Then, the integrated real time traversability, which is composed of initial velocity profiling step, dynamic analysis step, road classification step and stable velocity profiling step, is introduced. Experimental results are presented that demonstrate the method for a
- C. M. Jeon et al., "Autonomous navigation of KUVE (KIST Unmanned Vehicle Electric)," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 617-624, Jul. 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.7.617
- Y. S. Kang, C. W. Rho, and S. C. Kang, "Development of autonomous navigation robot in outdoor road environments," Journal of Institute of Control,Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 293-299, Mar. 2009. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2009.15.3.293
- H. Seraji, "Fuzzy traversability index: A new concept for terrain-based navigation," Journal of Robotic System, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 75-91, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4563(200002)17:2<75::AID-ROB1>3.0.CO;2-P
- Y. I. Lee, H. J. Lee, and T. Y. Jee, "The generation of directional velocity grid map for traversability analysis of unmanned ground vehicle" Journal of Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology (in Korean), vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 546-556, Oct. 2009.
- Z. Shiller and Y.-R. Gwo, "Dynamic motion planning of autonomous vehicle," IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 241-249, April 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.75906
- S.-L. Cho, K. Yi, J. Lee, and W.-S. Yoo, "Maneuvering speed of a 6x6 autonomous vehicle using a database obtained from multibody dynamic simulation," IMechE, vol. 223, no. 8, Part D: J. of Automobile Engineering, pp. 979-985, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544070JAUTO1102
- Y. I. Lee, H. J. Lee, and Y. W. Park, "Local path planning manager for autonomous navigation of UGV," Journal of Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology (in Korean), vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 990-997, Dec. 2010.
- Y. I. Lee, H. J. Lee, and J. H. Ko, "A local path planning algorithm considering the mobility of UGV based on the binary map," Journal of Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology (in Korean), vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 171-179, Apr. 2010.
- P. E. Nikravesh, Computer Aided Analysis of Mechanical Systems, (Prentice-Hall International, Inc.), 1998.
- B. H. Lee, W.-S. Yoo, and B. M. Kwak, "A systematic formulation for dynamics of flexible mullti-body systems using velocity transformation technique," I Mech E, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, vol. 207, no. C4, pp. 231-238, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1243/PIME_PROC_1993_207_123_02
- J. W. Lee, J. H. Sohn, K. S. Kim, and W. S. Yoo, "Construction of system jacobian in the equations of motion using velocity transformation technique," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 1966-1973, 2001.
- A. Son, Derivation of 6x6 vehicle and efficient simulation, Pusan National University Master Degree Thesis, 2008.
- H. B. Pacejka and I. J. M. Besselink, "Magic formula tire model with transient properties," Vehicle System Dynamics: International Journal of Vehicle Mechanics and Mobility, 1744-5159, vol 27, no. 1, Supplement 1, pp. 234-249, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423119708969658
- D. H. Choi, K. S. Kim, and W. S. Yoo, "Efficiency of a symbolic code for the real time dynamic simulation," In Proceedings of KSME Spring Annual Metting A, Korea University of Technology and Education (in Korean), Chunan, Spring Proceeding A, pp. 104-107, 23-24 April 1999.
- ISO, "Reporting vehicle road surface irregularities," Technical Report, ISO, ISO/TC108/SC2/WG4 N57, 1982.
- K. S. Kim and W. S. Yoo, "Generation of road surface profiles with a power spectral density function," Trans. of Korean Society of Automotive Engineers (in Korean), vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 136-145, 1997.
- Design and Performance Evaluation of a Rotary Magnetorheological Damper for Unmanned Vehicle Suspension Systems vol.2013, pp.1537-744X, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/894016
- Real-Time Prediction of Optimal Control Parameters for Mobile Robots based on Estimated Strength of Ground Surface vol.20, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.1921
- Development of a Traversability Map for Safe Navigation of Autonomous Mobile Robots vol.20, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.1967