- Volume 22 Issue 6
A Comprehensive Study on the Meal Intake Behavior according to Ramyun's Selection Attributes for Korean Adults
성인의 시판 라면류 선택 속성에 따른 식사 행동 차이에 대한 탐색적 고찰
- Jung, Hyo Sun (Dept. of Culinary Service Management, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Yu, Kyung Jin (Dept. of Culinary Service Management, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Yoon, Hye Hyun (Dept. of Culinary Service Management, Kyung Hee University)
- Received : 2012.05.10
- Accepted : 2012.12.26
- Published : 2012.12.31
This study was conducted to understand the Ramyun's selection attributes of Korean adults and examine differences in demographic characteristics and meal intake behavior among three groups of samples divided based on the Ramyun's selection attributes. Self-administered questionnaires were completed by 702 adults, and data were subjected to frequency analysis, chi-square analysis, factor analysis, reliability tests, cluster analysis, and discriminant analysis using SPSS. The results of the study were as follows. The Ramyun's selection attributes for Korean adults investigated were food quality (four variables), price (three variables), and company reliability (four variables). Cluster analysis resulted in the subjects being divided into three groups according to their Ramyun's selection attributes, a high-selection group, mid-selection group, and low-selection group. Three groups of samples classified by Ramyun's selection attributes differed based on demographic characteristics (gender and education level) and meal intake behavior (meal numbers, reason for meal, meal time, and meal size).
- 이학식, 임지훈 (2012). SPSS 18.0 매뉴얼: 집현재, 서울. pp 438-463.
- Bae YJ, Yeon JY (2011) Dietary behaviors, processed food preferences and awareness levels of nutrition labels among female university students living in middle region by breakfast eating. Korean Diet Assoc 17: 387-402.
- Chae MJ, Bae HJ, Yoon JY (2008) Consumption practices and selection attributes of the university students on readyto- eat foods. J Foodservice Man 11: 287-307.
- Chung JE, Lee KW, Cho MS (2010) Effect of Ramyen and noodles intake in diet & health status of Koreans. J Korean Soc Diet Culture 25: 109-116.
- Chung LN, Lee HY, Yang IS (2007) What's the consideration attribute on purchasing the HMR?J Korean Soc Diet Culture 22: 315-322.
- Jang YJ (2009) Mature consumers consumption patterns and selection attributes regarding home meal replacement (HMR). J Foodservice Man 12: 97-119.
- Jang YJ, Bonn MA (2011) Generation Y consumers' selection attributes and behavioral intentions concerning green restaurants. International Inter J Hospitality Man 30: 803-811. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2010.12.012
- Joe P, Hyun SH (2011) A comparison study of guests hotel selection attributes based on hotel characteristics: focused on demographic factors and IPA analysis. 한양대학교 관광연구논총 23: 49-81.
- Jung HS, Song MK, Kwak DY, Yoon HH (2011) A comprehensive study on the intake patterns and expenditures of instant noodles (Ramyun) by children and adolescents. J Korean Soc Diet Culture 26: 531-538.
- Jung KJ (2009) Effects of food selection attribute on postpurchase consumer behavior in big discount stores. Korean J Culinary Res 15: 248-261.
- Kim JS, Ha KS (2010) Selection attributes and pursuit benefits of processed fishery products. J Korean Soc Diet Culture 25: 516-524.
- Kim KH, Han YS (2010) A study on market segmentation by selection attributes of tea consumers. J the Korean Tea Soc 16: 1-12.
- Kim MH, Lee JC, Bae YJ (2009) The evaluation study on eating behavior and dietary quality of elderly people residing in Samcheok according to age group. Korean J Comm Nutr 14: 495-508.
- Kim SH (2009) A survey on dietary behaviors and liquid consumptions of university students in Kongju of Chungnam province in Korea. Korean J Nutr 42: 327-337. https://doi.org/10.4163/kjn.2009.42.4.327
- Kim SY, Lee JH, Choi JH (2010) Consumers' purchasing patterns and preferences of the processed food products made from domestic ingredients.Korean Food Mark Asso 27: 1-17.
- Lee CI, Shin HC (2010) Entry and expansion strategies of Nongshim food company in Chinese domestic market: Focusing on instant noodle market. Korean Aca Inter Business Man 14: 145-179.
- Lee JS, Chung HJ (2001) A study of female college students breakfast behavior and ideal breakfast type. J Korean Soc Diet Culture 16: 378-387.
- Lee YA, Kim KN, Chang NS (2008) The effect of nutrition education on weight control and diet quality in middle-aged women. Korean J Nutr 41: 54-64.
- Lewis RC (1981) Restaurant advertising: Appeals and consumers' intention. J Ad Res 21: 69-74.
- Park HJ, Yang WJ (2002) A study on the relationship between the use behaviors, demographics, and restaurant selection attributes. Korean J Food Sci and Nutr 31: 492-499. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.3.492
- Ryu SH, Kim SO, Seok SY (2011) Difference in bakery choice attributes according to consumers' characteristics and purchasing behavior. J Korean Soc Diet Culture 26: 673-681.
- Seo KH, Yoon HH (2004) Preference and utilization of instant foods of university students studying tourism science. Korean J Food Sci and Nutr 33: 356-364. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.2.356
- Won HR, Yoon YH (2011) College students' dietary behavior for processed foods and the level of perception on food labeling systems according to the level of nutrition knowledge in WonJu province. Korean J Comm Living Sci 22: 379-393. https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2011.22.3.379