- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Mediated Effect of Innovativeness and Customer Orientation among Entrepreneurial Market Orientation, Organizational Effectiveness and Business Performance
기업가적 시장지향성과 조직유효성·경영성과 간에 혁신성·고객지향성의 매개효과
- Yoo, Bong-Ho (Dept. of Business Management, Dankook University, Hideal Marketing Co. Ltd.)
- 유봉호 (단국대학교 상경대학 경영학부, (주)하이디얼마케팅)
- Received : 2011.08.16
- Accepted : 2011.09.08
- Published : 2011.09.30
In this study, the mediated effect of innovativeness and customer orientation among entrepreneurial market orientation, organizational effectiveness and business performance. For this, a statistical analysis for 419 copies of questionnaires collected from small and medium sized companies. As a result of analysis, first, entrepreneurial orientation was verified to be antecedents of market orientation. Second, it was identified that market orientation played a mediating role among entrepreneurial orientation, innovativeness and customer orientation. Third, entrepreneurial market orientation had positive effect on innovativeness and customer orientation. Fourth, innovativeness and customer orientation had positive effect on organizational effectiveness and business performance. Fifth, innovativeness and customer orientation, the core of this study; had the mediated effect among entrepreneurial market orientation, organizational effectiveness and business performance.
본 연구는 기업가지향성, 시장지향성, 혁신성, 고객지향성 간의 인과관계와 경영성과에 미치는 영향을 살펴보고자, 기업가 시장지향성과 조직유효성 경영성과 간에 나타나는 혁신성과 고객지향성의 매개효과를 실증 분석하였다. 중소기업 임직원들로부터 받은 설문지 419부를 분석한 결과, 첫째, 기업가지향성이 시장지향성의 선행변수임이 검정되었다. 둘째, 시장지향성이 기업가지향성과 혁신성 고객지향성 간에 매개역할을 하는 것으로 나타났다. 셋째, 기업가적 시장지향성이 혁신성과 고객지향성에 긍정적인 영향을 나타냈다. 넷째, 혁신성과 고객지향성이 조직유효성과 경영성과에 긍정적인 영향을 나타냈다. 다섯째, 본 연구의 핵심이라 할 수 있는 혁신성과 고객지향성이 기업가적 시장지향성과 조직유효성 경영성과 간에 매개효과를 보였다. 이와 같은 본 연구결과는 중소기업 경영에 있어서, 기업가지향성, 시장지향성, 혁신성, 고객지향성과 같은 조직특성의 중요성을 제기함으로써, 이러한 기업문화를 조성하고 이를 고조시킬 수 있는 경영진의 리더십이 중요함을 인식시킬 수 있는 시사점을 제공할 것이다.
- Aloulou W. & A. Fayolle, "A Conceptual Approach of Entrepreneurial Orientation within all Business Context", Journal of Enterprising Culture, Vol.13, No.1, pp.21-45, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218495805000045
- Avlonitis G. J. & N. Tzokas, "Assessing the Innovativeness of Organizations and Its Antecedents: Project Innovation", European Journal of Marketing, Vol.28, No.11, pp.5-28, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090569410075812
- Bae, Il-hyun & Kim, Young, "An Effect of Market Orientation on Customer Orientation, Employee Satisfaction, Customer Retention, Company Performance in Door-to-door Delivery Service", Korean Logistics Review, Vol.17, No.4, pp.101-129, 2007.
- Baker W. E. & J. M. Sinkula, "The Complementary Effects of Market Orientation and Entrepreneurial Orientation on Profitability in Small Business", Journal of Small Busines Management", Vol.47, No.4, pp.443-464, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-627X.2009.00278.x
- Becherer R. C. & J. G. Maurer, "The Proactive Personality Disposition and Entrepreneurial Behavior among Small Company Presidents", Journal of Small Business Management, Vol.37, No.1, pp.9-37, 1999.
- Choi, Kwang-Sup, "A Study on the Effect of Market Orientation and Technology Orientation on Innovativeness and New Product Performance", The Graduate School of Mokwon University, Doctoral Thesis, 2008.
- Chung, Dae-Yong & Yoo, Bong-Ho, "An Empirical Study on the Effects of Entrepreneurial & Market Orientation to the Organizational Effectiveness and Business Performance", The Korean Venture Management Review, Vol.10, No.2, pp.69-93, 2007.
- Chung, Dae-Yong & Yoo, Bong-Ho, "The Mediating Role of Entrepreneurship between Market Information and Management Performances of the Real Estate Development Company", Korean Journal of Business Administration, Vol.2, No.4, pp.1749-1775, 2009.
- Chung, Dae-Yong & Park, Kwon-Hong,, "An Influence of Learning Orientation in Small & Medium Enterprise on Corporate Performance", The Korean Research Association of the Business Education, Vol.2, No.2, pp.153-175, 2010.
- Drucker P. F., "The Practice of Management". New York: Harper and Row, 1954.
- Day, G. S., "The Capabilities of Market-Driven Organizations", Journal of Marketing, Vol.58, pp.37-52, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251915
- Donavan D. T., J. B. Tom & C. M. John, "Internal Benefits of Service-Worker Customer Orientation: Job Satisfaction, Commitment, and Organizational Citizenship Behaviors", Journal of Marketing, Vol.68, pp.128-146, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.184.108.40.20634
- Franke George R. & Park, Jeong-Eun, "Salesperson Adaptive Selling Behavior and Customer Orientation: A Meta-Analysis", Journal of Marketing Research, pp.693-702, 2006.
- Han Jin K., Kim Namwoon & R. K. Srivastava, "Market Orientation and Organizational Performance: is Innovation a Missing Link?", Journal of Marketing, Vol.62, pp.30-45. 1998. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252285
- Hanard, D. H., & D. M. Szymanski, "Why Some New Products are More Successful than Others", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.37, pp.362-375, 2001.
- Hean, K., M. N. Thi & N. Hewi, "The Effects of Entrepreneurial Orientation and Market Information on the Performance of SMEs", Journal of Business Venturing, Vol.22, pp.592-611, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusvent.2006.05.003
- Hurly R. & G. T. M. Hult, "Innovation, Market Orientation, and Organizational Learning: An Integration and Empirical Examination," Journal of Marketing, Vol.62, pp.42-54, 1998. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251742
- Hurley R. F., G. T. M. Hult & G. A. Knight, "Innovativeness: Its Antecedents and Impact on Business Performance", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.33, pp.429-438, 2003.
- Hurt T. H., K. Joseph & C. D. Cook, "Scales for the Measurement of Innovativeness", Hum Common Res, Vol.4, No.1, pp.58-65, 1997.
- Hwang, Seona-A & Hwang, Sun-Jin, "The Influences of Employees Customer Orientation and Relationship Quality(Satisfaction, Trust, Commitment) on Revisit Intention and Word of Mouth Intention", Journal of the Korean Service Management Society, Vol.6, No.2, pp.151-180, 2000.
- Jaworski Bernard J. & Ajay K, Kohli, "Market Orientation: Antecedents and Consequences", Journal of Marketing, Vol.57, No.1, pp.53-70, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251854
- Johnson J. D., M. E Meyer, J. M. Berkowitz, C. T. Ethington & V. D. Miller, "Testing to Contrasting Structural Models of Innovativeness in a Contractual Network", Human Communication Res., Vol.24, No.2, pp.320-348, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2958.1997.tb00417.x
- Jones R. & J. Rowley, "Entrepreneurial Marketing in Small Business: A Conceptual Exploration", International Small Business Journal, Vol.29, No.1, pp.25-36, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1177/0266242610369743
- Kim, Hyun-Ju, "The Effects of Employed Customer Orientation on Organizational Performance in Food Service Industry", The Graduate School of Kangnung National University, Doctoral Thesis, 2008.
- Kohli Ajay K. & Bernard J. Jaworski, "Market Orientation The Construct, Research Propositions, and Management Implications", Journal of Marketing, Vol.54, No.2, pp.1-18, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251866
- Kuczmarski T, D., "Creation an Innovation Mind-Set", Management Review. Vol.85, No.11, pp.47-51, 1996.
- Lawless, D. J, "Effectiveness Management: Social Psychological Approach", p.397, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1972.
- Lawton L. & A. Parasuraman, "The Impact of Marketing Concept on New Product Planning", Journal of Marketing, Vol.44, pp.19-32, 1980. https://doi.org/10.2307/1250030
- Lee, Hak-Sik & Lim, Ji-Hoon, Structural Equation Modeling with AMOS 6.0, p.41, Bobmunsa, 2007.
- Lee, Heong-Teak, "Market Orientation, Organizational Learning and Firm Performance", The Graduate School of Hankuk, University of Foreign Studies, Doctoral Thesis, 2005.
- Levitt Theodore, "Marketing Success through Differentiation of Anything", Harvard Business Review, Vol.58, January-February, pp.83-91, 1980.
- Lumpkin G. T, & G. G. Dess, "Clarifying the Entrepreneurial Orientation Construct and Linking it to Performance", The Academy of Management Review, Vol.21, No.1, pp.135-138, 1996.
- Matsuno Ken, John T. Mentzer & Aysegul Ozsomer, "The Effects of Strategy in the Market Orientation-Performance", Journal of Marketing, Vol.64, pp.1-16, 2002.
- Menon A. & P. R. Varadarajan, "A Model of Marketing Knowledge Use within Firms", Journal of Marketing, Vol.56, pp.53-71, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251986
- Miller, D., "The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms", Management Science, Vol.29, pp.770-791, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.29.7.770
- Miller, D. & P. Friesen, "Strategic-Marketing and Environment: The Third Link", Strategic Science, Vol.29, No.7, pp.770-790, 1982.
- Milton C. R., "Human Behavior in Organizations: Three Level of Behavior", pp.476-490, Prentice Hall Inc, 1981.
- Naman J. L. & D. P. Slevin, "Entrepreneurship and the Concept of Fit: A Model and Empirical Tests", Strategic Management Journal, Vol.14, pp.137-153, 1993.
- Narver John C. & Stanley F. Slater, "The Effect of a Market Orientation on Business Profitability", Journal of Marketing, Vol.54, pp.20-35, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251757
- Nasution H. N., F. T. Mavndo, J. Matanda & N. O. Ndubisi, "Entrepreneurship: It's Relationship with Market Orientation and Learning Orientation and as Antecedents to Innovation and Customer Value", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.40, pp.336-345, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2010.08.002
- Park, Sang-Yong, A Structural Modeling of the Relationships between Chief Executive Officer's Entrepreneurship in Venture Business, the Empowerment of the Members and Organizational Effectiveness", The Graduate School of Venture Hoseo University, Doctoral Thesis, 2003.
- Peter, Thomas & Robert Waterman, "In Search of Excellence", New York: Haper and Row Publishers Inc. 1982.
- Piercy N., L. Harris & N. Lane, "Market Orientation and Retail Operatives Expectations", Journal of Business Research, Vol.55, pp.261-273, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(00)00140-5
- Price J. L., "The Study of Turnover", Ames, IA: Iowa State University Press, 1972.
- Reichheld F. F. & W. J. Sasser, "Zero Defections: Quality Comes to Service", Harvard Business Review, Vol.68, No.5, pp.105-111, 1990.
- Renko M., A. Carsrud M. Brannback & J. Jalkanen, "Building Market Orientation in Biotechnology SMEs: Balancing Scientific Advances", International Journal of Biotechnology, Vol.7, No.4, pp.250-268, 2009.
- Rindfleisch Aric & Christine Moorman, "Inter-firm Cooperation and Customer Orientation", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.40, pp.421-436, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.40.4.421.19388
- Salavou H. & G. Avlonitis, "Product Innovativeness and Performance: A Focus on SMEs", Management Decision, Vol.46, No.7, pp.969-985, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1108/00251740810890168
- Siguaw J. A., G. Brown & R. E. Widing, "The Influence of the Market Orientation of the Firm on Sales Force Behavior and Attitudes", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.31, No.1, pp.106-116, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151950
- Slater S. F. & J. C. Narver, "Market Orientation and the Learning Organization", Journal of Marketing, Vol.59, pp.63-74, 1995.
- Spreitzer G. M., "Psychological Empowerment in the Workplace: Dimensions, Measurement, and Validation", Academy of Management Journal, Vol.38, No.5, pp.1442-1465, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/256865
- Tay Jasmin Y. W. & Lindda Tay, "Market Orientation and the Property Development Businesses Singapore", International Journal of Strategic Property Management, Vol.11, pp.1-16, 2007.
- Yi, Kam-Yong. "Effects of Leadership Style & Personal Characteristics on Salesforces' Customer-Orientation, Korean Journal of Business Administration", Vol.23, No.6, pp.3213-3230, 2010.
- Webster F. E. J., "Rediscovering the Marketing Concept", Business Horizons, Vol.3, pp.29-39, 1988.