- Volume 12 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
An Efficiency Evaluation of Gyeongnam Public Health Center by Data Envelopment Analysis
경남지역 보건소의 효율성 평가
- Chang, Dong-Min (Department of Health Administration, Inje University) ;
- Yang, Jong-Hyun (Department of Health Administration, Inje University)
- Received : 2011.06.15
- Accepted : 2001.08.11
- Published : 2011.08.31
In this research, we analyzed the efficiency of 20 public health centers of Gyeongnam Province during 2007-2009, so weakness of input and output factor were found. We used the CCR, BCC model of Data Envelopment Analysis as a method of evaluation, made a choice human resource as the input variable, made a selection the performance of public health care center, ward as the output variable. The results of this study show that the efficiency of 20 public health centers have got better because Government and Gyeongnam have provided administrative, financial support. It is expected that this research can give good information for effective management of public health centers.
Supported by : 경남발전연구원
- Statistics Korea, Population Projections, 2009.
- Yeem SH, "A Study on the Operation System of Local Healthcare Services and Their Development Plans", Graduate School, Paichai University, 2009.
- Kim JY, Kim YH, "An Efficiency Evaluation of the Jeonnam Public Health Center by Data Envelopment Analysis", Korean Corporation management Review, Vol.16, No.1, pp.273-288, 2009.
- Kim JH, Yoo WK, "Productivity of the Health Center and Efficient Inputs & Outputs in Kyungnam Province", The Korean Society of Health Policy & Adminstration, Vol.9, No.4, pp.87-119, 1999.
- Yoo KR, "An Empirical Evaluation of the Efficiency and its Determinants of the Public Sector Using a Bootstrapped DEA", Korean Policy Studies Review, Vol.17, No.2, pp.291-366, 2008.
- Yoo KR, "Evaluating the Efficiency of Local Government Bureaucracy", The Korean J. of Local Finance, Vol.13, No.2, pp.1-26, 2008.
- Lee KJ, "A Study on the Evaluation of Internet Companies Using a DEA Model", Graduate School, Chonnam National University, 2006.
- Song MS, "A Study on An Efficient Management Plan for the Public Medical Centers", Graduate School, Kookmin University, 2006.
- Farrell MJ, "The Measurement of productive efficiency", Journal of the Royal Statistical Society 120, 1957.
- Charnes A, Cooper WW, Rhodes E, "Measuring the efficiency of decision making unit", European Journal of Operational Research, pp.29-44, 1978.
- Banker RD, Conrad RF, Strauss RP, "An application of Data Envelopment Analysis to the empirical investigation of a hospital production function", Management Science 32, pp.30-34, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.32.1.30
- Shephard RW, "Theory of cost and production function", Princeton University Press, 1970.
- Valdmanis V, "Ownership and technical efficiency of hospital", Medical Care 28, 1990.
- Park MH "The Analysis of Efficiency and Productivity", Korean Studies Information Co.,Ltd, 2008.
- Grosskopf S, Valdmanis Y, "Measuring hospital efficiency", Journal of Health Economics, 89-108, 1987.
- Pina V, Torres L, "Evaluating the efficiency of nonprofit organization", Financial Accountability and Management 8:13-224, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-0408.1992.tb00138.x
- Burgess JF, Wilson PW, "Variation in inefficiency among US hospitals", INFOR, 36(3), 1998.
- Park JW, "Evaluating managerial efficiency of health centers by data envelopment analysis", Graduate School, Seoul National University, 1993.
- Jeong YS, "An Efficiency Evaluation by Data Envelopment Analysis", Korean journal of policy analysis and evaluation, Vol.5, No.1, pp.277-292, 1995.
- Chen DW, "An Efficiency of Public Health Centers in its Determinants in Busan", Graduate School, Inje University, 2004.
- Yang JH, Chang DM, "An Efficiency Evaluation of Public Health Center by Data Envelopment Analysis", J. of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.11, No.6, pp.2129-2137, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.6.2129
- Organizational Capacity and Performance of Local Public Health in Korea vol.41, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2016.41.4.183