- Volume 25 Issue 3
Distribution Characteristics of Naturalized Plants According to Characteristics of Landscape Ecology in Rural Village of Korea
우리나라 농촌마을 경관생태학적 특성에 따른 귀화식물 분포 특성
- Kim, Han-Soo (Graduate School, Dept. of Biological and Environmental Science, Dongguk University) ;
- Oh, Choong-Hyeon (Dept. of Biological and Environmental Science, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2010.06.29
- Accepted : 2011.06.04
- Published : 2011.06.30
Studies on effects of human action on the destruction of ecosystems and changes in biodiversity are being processed actively from the view point of landscape ecology. This study investigated present distribution status of the naturalization plant by disturbance of natural ecosystem which could be seen on 35 rural villages in Korea. The study made a landuse map on the study area then quantified the landscape ecologic characteristic using landscape index based on this landuse map. Correlation between landscape index on the study area and distribution characteristic of naturalization plant was analyzed. The landscape index was calculated by FRAGSTATS, a spatial analysis program, and naturalization index and urbanization index were used in the distribution characteristic of naturalization plant. As a result, naturalization index and patch density, naturalization index and edge density, naturalization index and area-weighted mean shape index were shown as having positive correlation, and naturalization and core area percentage of landscape, naturalization index and mean core area were displayed as having negative correlation.
- Baker, W.L. and Y. Cai(1992) The r. le Programs for Multiscale Analysis of landscape Structure Using the GRASS Geographical Information System. Landscape Ecology 7: 291-302. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00131258
- Buechner, M.(1989) Are Small-Scale Landscape Features Important Factor for Field Studies of Small Mammal Dispersal Sinks? Landscape Ecology 2: 191-199. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00126018
- Forman, R.T.T. and Godron, M.(1986) Landscape Ecology. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 619pp.
- Hardt, R.A. and Forman, R.T.T.(1989) Boundary from Effect on Woody Colonzation of Reclaimed Surface Mines. Ecology 70: 1252-1260. https://doi.org/10.2307/1938183
- Hong, S.K.(1999) Cause and Consequence of Landscape Fragmentation and Changing Disturbance by Socio-Economic Development in Mountain Landscape System of South Korea. Journal of Environmental Sciences 11: 181-187. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Hwang, C.S.(2008) The Application of Spatial Statistics for Land-Use and Land-cover Change Followed by Substantial Development. Journal of the Korean Geographic Society 42(4):647-658. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Jung, s.g., Oh, j.h., Park, k.h.(2005) A Temporal Structure Analysis of Forest Landscape Pattern using Landscape indices in the Nakdong River Basin. Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies 8(2):145-156. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Kang, h.s., Kim, H.J., Chang E.M.(2008) Landscape Anailysis of the Hallasan National Park in a Jeju Island Biosphere Reserve: Fragmentation Pattern. Korean Journal of Environment and Ecology 22(3):309-319. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Kang, M.S., Park, S.W., Yoon K.S.(2006) Land Cover Classification of Image Data Using Artificial Neural Networks. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning 12(1):75-83. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Kim, K.H. and S. Pauleit.(2007) Landscape Character, Biodiversity and Land Use Planning: The Case of Kwangju City Region, South Korea. Land Use Policy 24(1): 264-274. (in Korean with English abstract) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2005.12.001
- Kim, H.C., Koh, J.G., Kim, C.S., Song, C.K.(2007) Distributional Attribute of Naturalized Plants on the Roadsides in Hallasan National Park. Korean Journal of Ecology 21(3): 278-289. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Lee, Y.M., Park, S.H., Jung, S.S.(2002) Vegetational Composition and Flora of Jungnangcheon in Seoul. Korean Journal of Environment and Ecology 16(3): 271-286. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Lim, D.O. and Hwang, I.C.(2006) Exotic Plants and Conservation in Gayasan National Park. Korean Journal of Environment and Ecology 20(3): 281-288. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Lim, D.O., Ryu Y.M., Hwang, I.C.(2004) An Analysis of the Environmental Index and the Distribution of Naturalized Plants in Large Rivers of Downtown Gwangju Metropolitan City. Korean Journal of Environment and Ecology 18(3): 288-296. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Li. H. and J. Wu.(2004) Use and Misuse of Landscape indices. Landscape Ecology 19: 389-399.
- McGarigal, K and Marks B.J.(1995) FRAGSTATS: Spatial pattern analysis program for quantifying landscape Structure. USDA Forest Service, General Technical Report PNW-GTR-351, Pacific Northwest Research Station. Portland, Oregon, 122pp.
- Morgan, K.A. and Gates, J.E.(1982) Bird Population Patterns in Forest Edge and Strip Vegetation at Remington Farms, Maryland. The Journal of Wildlife Management 46(4): 933-944. https://doi.org/10.2307/3808226
- Numata, M.(1978) Observation and study of plant ecology. Tokai University Press, Kanagawa, 275pp.
- Numata, M. and Ono, K.(1952) Studies in the ecology of naturalized plants in Japan I. The ecological society of Japan 2(3): 117-122.
- O'Neill, R.V., J.R. Krummel, R.H. Gardner, G. Sugihara, B. Jackson, D.L. DeAngelis, B.T. Milne, M.G. Turner, B. Zygmunt, S.W. Christensen, V.H. Dale and R.L. Graham(1988) Indices of landscape pattern. Landscape Ecology 1: 153-162. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00162741
- Oh, H.K and K.H. Go(2005) Analysis of the Environmental Index and Situation Naturalized Plants of Mountain Ridge in the Baekdudaegan. The Journal of Korean institute of Forest Recreation 9(3): 31-38. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Oh, H.K. and D.O. Lim, Y.S. Kim(2009) Distribution Characteristic and Management Counterplan of Naturalized Plants in the Byeonsanbando National Park. Korean Journal of Environment and Ecology 23(2): 105-115. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Park, S.H.(2009) Naturalized Plants of Korea. Iljogak, Seoul, 575pp. (in Korean)
- Park, S.H., J.h. Shin, Y.M. Lee, J.H. Lim, and J.S. Moon(2002) Distributions of naturalized alien plants on Korea. Korea Forest Research Institute Korea Nation Arboretum, 184pp. (in Korean)
- Ranney, J.W., Bruner, M.C., Levenson, J.B.(1981) The importance of edge in the structure and dynamics of forest islands. In: Burgress, R.L., Sharpe, D.M., eds. Forest Island Dynamics in Man-Dominated Landscape. New York, Springer-Verlag, pp. 67-94.
- Song, I.J., S.K. Hong, H.O. Kim, B.S. Byun, Y.R. Gin(2005) The Pattern of Landscape Patches and Invasion of Naturalized Plants in Developed Areas of Seoul. Landscape and Urban Planning 70(2005): 205-219. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2003.10.018
- Suh, J.H. and H.S. Choi(1999) A Study on the Analysis of Landscape Preference in the Rural Settlement by Land Use Transition. Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture 27(2): 69-79. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Tinker, D.B., C.A.C. Resor, G.P. Beauvais, K.F. Kipfmueller, C.I. Fernandes and W.L. Baker(1998) Watershed analysis of forest fragmentation by clearcuts and roads in a Wyoming forest. Landscape Ecology 13: 149-165. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007919023983
- Yim Y.J. and E.S. Jeon(1980) Distribution of Naturalized Plants in the Korean Peninsula. Journal of Plant Biology 23(0): 69-83. (in Korean with English abstract)
- You, J.H., Y.H. Jin, H.W. Jang, D.W. Lee, H.B. Yun, G.Y. Lee, C.H. Lee(2003) The Flora of Mt. Baekwoon in Chungcheongbukdo. Korean Journal of Environment and Ecology 17(3): 210-223. (in Korean with English abstract)