- Volume 28 Issue 4
Implementation of Multiple Connectivity using CANopen in IEEE 1451.0-based Smart Sensor
IEEE 1451.0 기반 스마트 센서에서 CANopen을 이용한 다중 접속 기능의 구현
- Park, Jee-Hun (Department of Intelligent and Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Lee, Suk (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Song, Young-Hun (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Lee, Kyung-Chang (Department of Control and Instrumentation Engineering, Pukyong National Univ.)
- Received : 2010.05.04
- Accepted : 2011.01.18
- Published : 2011.04.01
As automation systems become intelligent and autonomous for productibility, industrial networks (fieldbuses) and network-based devices are essential components of intelligent manufacturing systems. However, there are obstacles for the wide acceptance of the network-based devices such as smart sensor and network-based actuator. First, there exist numerous fieldbus protocols that a network-based device should be able to support. Second, the whole network-based device has to be replaced when only the sensor of the module fails. In order to overcome these obstacles, a smart sensor/actuator is implemented as two units; one responsible for network communication and the other for sensor/actuator operations using IEEE 1451.0 standard. This paper presents a structure of the 1451.0-based smart sensor with multiple connectivity function designed by CANopen.
- van Leeuwen, E. H. and Norrie, D., "Holons and holarchies [intelligent manufacturing systems]," Manufacturing Engineer, Vol. 76, No. 2, pp. 86-88, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1049/me:19970203
- Choi, B. W., "New Manufacturing and Intelligent Manufacturing Systems," Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 9, pp. 7-12, 2003.
- Jun, S. J., Cho, Y. S. and Park, H. S., "PC Based Distributed Control System of AGV with Multi- Thread Method," Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 9, pp. 107-114, 2005.
- Wu, N. and Zhou, M. C., "Modeling and deadlock avoidance of automated manufacturing systems with multiple automated guided vehicles," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 1193-1202, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCB.2005.850141
- Liao, D. Y. and Fu, H. S., "Speedy delivery - dynamic OHT allocation and dispatching in large-scale, 300- mm AMHS management," IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 22-32, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/MRA.2004.1337824
- Capetta, L., Mella, A. and Russo, F., "Intelligent field devices: user expectations," IEE Colloquium on Fieldbus Devices - A Changing Future, pp. 6/1-6/4, 1994.
- IEC 61158-4, "Digital data communications for measurement and control-Fieldbus for use in industrial control systems-Part 4:Data link protocol specification," 1999.
- Thomesse, J. P., "Fieldbus Technology in Industrial Automation," IEEE Proceedings, Vol. 93, No. 6, pp. 1073-1101, 2005.
- Wobschall, D., "Networked sensor monitoring using the universal IEEE 1451 Standard," IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 18-22, 2008.
- Lee, K. C., Kim, M. H., Lee, S. and Lee, H. H., "IEEE-1451-based smart module for in-vehicle networking systems of intelligent vehicles," IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 1150-1158, 2002.
- Song, E. Y. and Kang L., "Understanding IEEE 1451-Networked smart transducer interface standard - What is a smart transducer?" IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 11-17, 2008.
- Cortes, F., Barrero, F., Toral, S., Prieto, J. and Guevara, J., "Multi-sensor integration in the vehicular system using the IEEE1451 Std.: A case study," IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 1-6, .
- Wobschall, D., Stepanenko, A., Maykiv, I., Kochan, R., Sachenko, A. and Kochan, V., "A multi-port serial NCAP using the IEEE 1451 smart transducer standard," IEEE Sensors Applications Symposium, pp. 293-297, 2009.
- Kim, H. H., Bae, Y. K., Lee, K. C. and Lee, S., "Development of IEEE 1451.2 based smart module for industrial robot," Proc. of KSPE Spring Conference, pp. 567-568, 2009.
- IEEE Std. 1451.0, "IEEE Standard for a smart transducer interface for sensors and actuatorscommon functions, communication protocols, and transducer electronic data sheet(TEDS) formats," 2007.
- CAN in Automation e.V., "CANopen-Application layer and communication profile-CiA draft standard 301," 2002.
- Kang, M. K., Park, K. J. and Kim, J. C., "PDO Packing Mechanism for Reducing CANopen Network Utilization," Journal of KIISE: System and Theory, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 124-133, 2009.
- Cena, G. and Valenzano, A., "A Protocol for Automatic Node Discovery in CANopen Networks," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 419-430, 2008.
- Atmel Corporation, "AT90CAN128 data sheet-Rev. 7682C-AUTO-04/08," 2008.