- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The mediating effect of job satisfaction on the relationship between job quality and occupational injuries
직무의 질과 업무적 상해의 관계에서 직무만족의 매개효과에 관한 연구
- Ahn, Kwan-Young (Department of Business Administration, Sangji University)
- 안관영 (상지대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2011.10.10
- Accepted : 2011.12.15
- Published : 2011.12.31
This paper reviewed the relationship between job quality, job satisfaction and occupational injuries, and the mediating effect of job satisfaction. Based on the responses from 278 employees in manufacturing sector, the results of multiple regression analysis showed that all job quality factors(job variety, autonomy, job importance, feedback) have positive relationship with job satisfaction and job satisfaction has negative relationship with number of injuries. Also, job satisfaction was found to mediates the relationship between all job quality factors and occupational injuries.
- 김광정.박노윤.설현도(역)(2008), 조직행동론, 시그마프레스.
- 백기복(2011), 조직행동연구, 창민사.
- 안관영.홍광희(2011), "직무특성이 점진적혁신에 미치는 효과 및 재직기간의 조절효과", 대한안전경영과학회지 제13권 제1호, pp. 167-173.
- 안관영(2008), "직무특성과 직무스트레스의 관계 및사회적 지원의 조절효과", 대한안전경영과학회지제10권 제2호, pp. 25-31.
- 여운승(2011), "외식기업의 서비스스케이프가 내부고객반응 및 직무만족에 미치는 영향", 관광연구저널,제25권 3호, pp. 255-271.
- 정재훈(2008), 인적자원관리, 북넷
- Alwin, D. F., and Hauser, R. M.(1975), "The decomposition of effects in path analysis", American Sociological Review, vol. 40, pp. 37-47. https://doi.org/10.2307/2094445
- Bailey, T. Berg, P., and Sandy, C.(2001), "The effect of high performance work practices on employee earnings in the steel, and medical electronics and imaging industries", Industrial and Labor Relations Review, vol. 54, pp. 525-543. https://doi.org/10.2307/2696107
- Barling, J., and Hutchinson, I.(2000), "Commitment vs. control-based safety practices, safety reputation, and perceived safety climate", Canadian Journal of Administrative Science, vol. 17, pp. 76-84.
- Barling, J., Kelloway, E. K., and Roderick, D. I.(2003), "High-quality work, job satisfaction, and occupational injuries", Journal of Applied Psychology, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 276-283.
- Baron, R. M. & D. A. Kenny(1986), "The Moderato r-Mediator Variable Distinction in Social Psychology Research: Conceptual, Strategic, and Statistical Considerations," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 51, no. 6, 1173-1182.
- Godard, J.(2001), "High performance and the transformation of work? The implications of alternative work practices for the experience and outcomes of work", Industrial and Labor Relations Review, vol. 54, pp. 776-805. https://doi.org/10.2307/2696112
- Griffeth, R. W., Hom, P. W., and Gaertner, S.(2000), "A meta-analysis of antededents and correlates of employee turnover: Update, moderator tests, and research implications for the next millennium", Journal of Management, vol. 26, no. 3, p. 479.
- Griffth, J.(2001), "Do satisfied employees satisfy customers? Support-services staff morale and satisfaction among public school administartors, students, and parents", Journal of Applied Social Psychology, August, pp. 1627-1658.
- Guthrie, J. P.(2001), "High involvement work practices, turnover and productivity: Evidence from New Zealand", Academy of Management Journal, vol. 44, pp. 180-190. https://doi.org/10.2307/3069345
- Hanisch, K. A., Hulin, C. L., and Roznowski, M.(1998), "The importance of individuals' reportoires of behaviors: The scientific appropriateness of studying multiple behaviors and general attitudes", Journal of Organizational Behavior, vol. 19, no. 5.
- Harter, J. K., Schmit, F. L., and Hayes, T. L.(2002), "Business unit level relationship between employee satisfaction, employee engagement, and business outcomes: A meta-analysis", Journal of Applied Psychology, April, pp. 268-279.
- Luthans, F.(1995), Organizational Behavior, McGraw -Hills, Inc.
- Reason, J., Parker, D., and Lawton, R.(1998), "Organizational controls and safety: The varieties of rule-related behavior", Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, vol. 71, pp. 289-304. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1998.tb00678.x
- Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. A.(2008), Essentials of Organizational Behavior, 9th ed., Prentice Hall.
- Van Dyne, L., Graham, J. W., & Dienesch, R. M. 1994. "Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Construct redefinition, measurement, and validation." Academy of Management Journal, vol. 37. 765-802. https://doi.org/10.2307/256600
- Zohar, D.(2000), "A Group-level model of safety climate: Testing the effect of group climate on microaccidents in manufacturing jobs", Journal of Applied Psychology, vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 587-596.