- Volume 19 Issue 2
This study presents a system for validating the PLC code in the virtual environments of automobile trim line. There have been considerable efforts to develop standard PLC editors for saving human power and PLC test time. However, it was difficult to apply the PLC editor on a real shop floor environment. A virtual equipment was developed to communicate with the PLC module of a shop floor and to make up the connectivity environment by a special protocol. We can validate the code without launching real equipments because the PLC module and the virtual equipment is able to be controlled in real time by the OPC protocol. An experimental model is applied to the final assembly line of an automotive industry and validated by using DELMIA Automation. In conclusion, the system is valuable in the process of PLC codes validation and virtual equipments operation. This system would reduce the development time of the PLC codes and improve the productivity and the integrity of the PLC codes.
- 문용선, 이명복, 김동권, 정철호, "Profibus와 인버터를 이용한 공기량 제어시스템 구현", 제어자동화시스템공학, 9(10), 2003년.
- 이철수, "IEC 61131-3 표준을 따른 PC용 소프트웨어 PLC의 개발", 한국공작기계학회, 11(1), pp. 61-69, 2002년.
- 정헌, 곽재영, 김원배, "가상 PLC 에뮬레이터 개발", Journal of KIIEE, 12(4), pp. 14-19, 1998년.
- BYOUNGKYU CHOI, BUMCHUL PARK and HO YEOL RYU, "VIRTUAL FACTORY SIMULATOR FRAMEWORK FOR LINE PROTOTYPING", Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 5-20, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219686704000363
- Chang Mok Park, Sangchul Park and Gi-Nam Wang, "Control logic verication for an automotive body assembly line using simulation", International Journal of Production Research, 2008.
- DELMIA Automation V5 R17 Online Documents, Dassault Systems, 2007.
- H. HIBINO, T. INUKAI and Y. FUKUDA, "Efficient manufacturing system implementation based on combination between real and virtual factory", International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 44, Nos. 18.19, 15, pp. 3897-3915, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207540600632224
- "OPC Specifications", OPC Foundation (http://www.opcfoundation.org/)
- SHIHSEN PFNG and MFNGCHU ZHOUJ, "Sensor-based stage Petri nel modelling of PLC logic programs for discrete-event control design", International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 629-644, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/0020754021000042364
- SIMATIC STEP7 User's Manual V5.4, SIEMENS, 2005.