- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Geometric Path Tracking and Obstacle Avoidance Methods for an Autonomous Navigation of Nonholonomic Mobile Robot
비홀로노믹 이동로봇의 자율주행을 위한 기하학적 경로 추종 및 장애물 회피 방법
- Kim, Dong-Hyung (Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Chang-Jun (Hanyang University) ;
- Han, Chang-Soo (Hanyang University)
- Received : 2010.01.26
- Accepted : 2010.06.29
- Published : 2010.08.01
This paper presents a method that integrates the geometric path tracking and the obstacle avoidance for nonholonomic mobile robot. The mobile robot follows the path by moving through the turning radius given from the pure pursuit method which is the one of the geometric path tracking methods. And the obstacle generates the obstacle potential, from this potential, the virtual force is obtained. Therefore, the turning radius for avoiding the obstacle is calculated by proportional to the virtual force. By integrating the turning radius for avoiding the obstacle and the turning radius for following the path, the mobile robot follows the path and avoids the obstacle simultaneously. The effectiveness of the proposed method is verified through the real experiments for path tracking only, static obstacle avoidance, dynamic obstacle avoidance.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- K. C. Koh and H. S. Cho, “A smooth path tracking algorithm for wheeled mobile robots with dynamic constraints,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 24, pp. 367-385, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008045202113
- T. Hellström and O. Ringdahl, “Follow the past - a path tracking algorithm for autonomous vehicles,” Int. J. Vehicle Autonomous Systems, vol. 4, pp. 216-224, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJVAS.2006.012208
- R. C. Coulter, “Implementation of the pure pursuit path tracking algorithm,” Technical Report CMU-RI-TR-92-01, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, 1992.
- J. Morales, J. L. Martínez, M. A. Martínez, and A. Mandow, “Pure-pursuit reactive path tracking for nonholonomic mobile robots with a 2D laser scanner,” EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 2009, Article ID 935237, 10 pages, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1155/2009/935237
- J. Witt, C. D. III Crane, and D. Armstrong, “Autonomous ground vehicle path tracking,” Journal of Robotic Systems, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 439-449, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/rob.20031
- J. Giesbrecht, D. Mackay, J. Collier, and S. Verret, “Path tracking for unmanned ground vehicle navigation,” DRDC Suffield TM 2005-224, Defence R&D Canada-Suffield, Dec. 2005.
- F. Lamiraux, D. Bonnafous, and O. Lefebvre, “Reactive path deformation for nonholonomic mobile robots,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 967-977, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2004.829459
- O. Lefebvre, F. Lamiraux, C. Pradalier, Th. Fraichard, “Obstacles avoidance for car-like robots, integration and experimentation on two robots,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, New Orleans, LA, USA, April 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.2004.1302390
- O. Lefebvre, F. Lamiraux, and D. Bonnafous, “Fast computation of robot-obstacle interactions in nonholonomic trajectory deformation,” Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Barcelona, Spain, April 2005.
- C. Pradalier, J. Hermosillo, C. Koike, C. Braillon, P. Bessière, and C. Laugier, “The cycab: a car-like robot navigating autonomously and safely among pedestrians,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 51-68, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2004.10.002
- S. S. Ge and Y. J. Cui, “Dynamic motion planning for mobile robots using potential field method,” Autonomous Robots, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 207-222, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1020564024509
- A. Rankin, C. Crane, A. Armstrong, A. Nease, and H. E. Brown, “Autonomous path planning navigation system used for site characterization,” Proc. of the SPIE 10th Annual AeroSense Symposium, vol. 2738, Orlando, FL, pp. 176-186, April 1996.
- J. Borenstein and Y. Koren, “The vector field histogram - fast obstacle avoidance for mobile robots,” Journal of Robotics and Automation, vol. 7, pp. 278-288, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.88137
- D. Fox, W. Burgard, and S. Thrun, “The dynamic window approach to collision avoidance,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, vol. 4, pp. 23-33, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/100.580977
- H. Choset, K. M. Lynch, S. Hutchinson, G. Kantor, W. Burgard, L. E. Kavraki, and S. Thrun, “Principles of robot motion: theory, algorithms, and implementations,” The MIT Press, Chapter 4, 2005.
- Comparisonal Analysis of Path Planning Methods for Automatic Parking Control of a Car-Like Mobile Robot vol.18, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.3.267
- A Mobile Robot Estimating the Real-time Moving Sound Sources by using the Curvature Trajectory vol.20, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.1910