- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
NUMERICAL ANALYSIS OF A LAMINATED COMPOSITE ELASTIC FIELD WITH ROLLER GUIDED PANEL
- Go, Jae-Gwi (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, CHANGWON NATIONAL UNIVERSITY) ;
- Ali, Mohamed Afsar (SCHOOL OF MECHATRONICS, CHANGWON NATIONAL UNIVERSITY)
- Received : 2010.02.18
- Accepted : 2010.03.24
- Published : 2010.06.25
An elastic field composed of symmetric cross-ply laminated material is analyzed in roller guided panel. The plane stress elasticity problem is formulated in terms of two displacement parameters with mixed boundary conditions. The numerical solution for two displacement parameters is obtained using a finite element method considering a panel of glass/epoxy laminated composite. Some components of stress and displacement at different sections of panel are displayed. The results makes sure that the formulation developed in this study can be applied to analyze the characteristics of elastic field made of laminated composite under any boundary conditions.
- Afsar A.M., Huq N.M.L., and Song J.I.(2010)Analytical solution to a mixed boundary value elastic problem of a roller-guided panel of laminated composite. Arch. Appl. Mech., 80:401-412. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00419-009-0324-z
- Afsar A.M., Nath S.K.D., and Ahmed S.R.(2008) Displacement potential based finite difference solution of orthotropic composite beam under uniformly distributed and point loadings. Mech. Adv. Mater. Struct., 15(5):386-399. https://doi.org/10.1080/15376490801977791
- Ahemd S.R., Idris A.B.M., and Uddin M.W.(1999) An alternative method for numerical solution of mixed boundary-value elastic problems. J. Wave-Mater. Interaction, 14(1-2):12-25.
- Chow L., Conway H.D., and Winter G.(1952) Stresses in deep bars. Trans ASCE 2557.
- Conway H.D.and Ithaca N.Y.(1953) Some problems of orthotropic plane stress. J. App. Mech., Trans ASME 52:72-76.
- Nath S.K.D., Afsar A.M., and Ahmed S.R.(2007a) Displacement potential approach to solution of stiffened orthotropic composite panels under uniaxial tensile load. J. Aero. Eng., IMechE., Part G, 221:869-881. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544100JAERO153
- Nath S.K.D., Afsar A.M., and Ahmed S.R.(2007b) Displacement potential solution of a deep stiffened cantilever beam of orthotropic composite material. J. Strain Analysis IMechE, 42(7):529-541. https://doi.org/10.1243/03093247JSA266
- Timoshenko S. and Goodier V.N.(1979) Theory of Elasticity. McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Uddin M.W.(1966) Finite Difference Solution of Two-dimensional Elastic Problem with Mixed Boundary Conditions. M. Sc. Thesis, Carleton University, Canada.
- Jones R.M.(1975) Mechanics of Composite Materials. 1st ed., Scripta Book Company, Washington, D.C.