- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
MATHEMATICAL IMAGE PROCESSING FOR AUTOMATIC NUMBER PLATE RECOGNITION SYSTEM
- Kim, Sun-Hee (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY) ;
- Oh, Seung-Mi (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY) ;
- Kang, Myung-Joo (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY)
- Received : 2010.03.08
- Accepted : 2010.03.16
- Published : 2010.03.25
In this paper, we develop the Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) System. ANPR is generally composed of the following four steps: i) The acquisition of the image; ii) The extraction of the region of the number plate; iii) The partition of the number and iv) The recognition. The second and third steps incorporate image processing technique. We propose to resolve this by using Partial Differential Equation(PDE) based segmentation method. This method is computationally efficient and robust. Results indicate that our methods are capable to recognize the plate number on difficult situations.
- Christos-Nikolas E. Anagnostopoulos, Ioannis D.Psoroula and Vassili Loumos, License plate recognition from still images and video sequences:A survey, IEEE Transactions on intelligent transportation systems, (2008), 377-391.
- S. Chang, L. Chen, Y. Chung, and S. Chen, Automatic License Plate Recognition, IEEE Transactions on intelligent Transportation Systems, vol.5. No.1., (2004), 42-53. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2004.825086
- Gibou, F. and Fedkiw, R., A Fast Hybrid k-Means Level Set Algorithm for Segmentation, 4th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Statistics and Mathematics, (2005), 281-291.
- EungJoo Lee, Vehicle Information Recognition and Electronic Toll Collection System with Detection of Vehicle Feature Information in the Rear-Side of Vehicle, Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol.7. No. 1., (2004), 35-43.
- E. Lee, S. Kim, K. Kwon, Vehicle Recognition with Recognition of Vehicle Identification Mark and License Plate, Journal of Korea Multimedia Society vol.8. No.11, (2005), 1449-1461.