- Volume 31 Issue 1
Miniaturization of an Ultra-Wideband Antenna with Two Spiral Elements
- Hong, Seok-Jin (Division of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Choi, Jae-Hoon (Division of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2008.09.25
- Accepted : 2008.12.17
- Published : 2009.02.28
In this letter, novel antennas with two spiral elements are presented for ultra-wideband application. The original antenna consists of a T-shaped microstrip feed line, two spiral radiating elements, and a ground plane with two circular slots. It measures 30 mm
Supported by : IITA
- Federal Communications Commission, "First Report and Order, Revision of Part 15 of the Commission's Rules Regarding Ultra-Wideband Transmission Systems," FCC 02-48, Apr. 2002.
- T.S.P. See and Z.N. Chen, "An Electromagnetically Coupled UWB Plate Antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 56, no. 5, May 2008, pp. 1476-1479. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2008.922890
- H. Zhou et al., "A Band-Notched Swallow-Tailed Planar Monopole Antenna for UWB Application," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., vol. 50, no. 3, Mar. 2008, pp.793-795. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.23202
- Y. Zhang and L. Zhu, "Printed Dual Spiral-Loop Wire Antenna for Broadband Circular Polarization," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 54, no. 1, Jan. 2006, pp. 284-288. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2005.861512
- M. Buck and D. Filipovic, "Bi-layer, Mode 2, Four-Arm Spiral Antennas," Electron. Lett., vol. 43, no. 6, Mar. 2007, pp. 1-2.
- M.J. Kim, C.S. Cho, and J. Kim, "A Dual Band Printed Dipole Antenna with Spiral Structure for WLAN Application," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 15, no. 12, Dec. 2005, pp. 910-912.
- H. Rmili and J.-M. Floc'h, "Design and Analysis of Wideband Double-Sided Printed Spiral-Dipole Antenna with Capacitive Coupling," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., vol. 55, no. 5, May 2008, pp. 1312-1317.
- W.-H. Tu, M.-Y. Li, and K. Chang, "Broadband Microstrip-Coplanar Stripline-Fed Circularly Polarized Spiral Antenna," Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Antennas Propagation, July 2006, pp. 3669-3672.
- C.A. Balanis, Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, Wiley, New York, 2005.
- Ansoft High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS), ver. 11.1., Ansoft Corp.
- R.R. Ramirez et al., "Reduced Size Single and Dual Band Linear Polarized Microstrip Antennas for Mobile Communications," Proc. IEEE Int'l Symp. Antennas Propagation, July 2001, pp. 450-453.