- Volume 9 Issue 2
Psychosocial Adjustment, Marital Intimacy and Family Support of Post-mastectomy Patients
유방암 환자의 수술 후 심리사회적 적응, 부부친밀도 및 가족지지
- Cho, Ok-Hee (Department of Nursing, Hyechon University) ;
- Yoo, Yang-Sook (College of Nursing, the Catholic University of Korea)
- Received : 2009.06.16
- Accepted : 2009.07.23
- Published : 2009.08.31
Purpose: This study was to explore the psychosocial adjustment, marital intimacy and family support of post-mastectomy patients. Methods: The subjects were 90 post-mastectomy patients (stage I or II) who were eligible and agreed to participate in the study. The data collection period was from March to May, 2008. Subjects completed a survey including demographics, psychosocial adjustment scale by Lee (a 4-point Likert scale), marital intimacy scale by Kim (a 4-point Likert scale), and family support by Shim (a 5-point Likert scale). Data were analyzed using SAS (ver 9.0) program and frequency, mean (SD), t-test, ANOVA and Pearson correlation coefficients were used. Results: The mean scores of the psychosocial adjustment and marital intimacy were 2.8 (
Supported by : 가톨릭대학교 간호대학
- Ministry for Heath, Welfare and Family Affairs. Annual report of cancer incidence (2005) and survival (1993-2005) in Korea. 2008.
- Kim HJ, Kwon JH, Lee R, Lee KS. Posttraumatic growth and related factors in breast cancer survivors. Korean J Health Psychol 2008;13:781-99. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2008.13.3.013
- Ginzburg K, Wrensch W, Rice T, Farren G, Spiegel D. Breast cancer and psychosocial factors: early stressful life event, social support, and well-being. Psychosomatics 2008;49:407-12. https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.psy.49.5.407
- Budin W. The relations among primary treatment alternations, symptom distress, perceived social support, and psychosocial adjustment to breast cancer in unmarried women [dissertation]. New York (NY): New York Univ.;1996.
- Lee EH. Mediation effect of hope between fatigue and psychosocial adjustment in women with breast cancer. J Korean Acad Nurs 2000;30:857-68. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2000.30.4.857
- Dorval M, Guay S, Mondor M, Ma^sse B, Falardeau M, Robidoux A, et al. Couples who get closer after breast cancer: frequency and predictors in a prospective investigation. J Clin Oncol 2005;23:3588-96. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2005.01.628
- Taylor-Brown J, Kilpatrick M, Maunsell E, Dorval M. Partner abandonment of women with breast cancer. Myth or reality? Cancer Pract 2000;8:160-4. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1523-5394.2000.84004.x
- Lee IJ. Breast Cancer in Martial Context: a critical review of the literature. Korean J Soc Welfare Stud 2009;40:37-61. https://doi.org/10.16999/kasws.2009.40.1.37
- Jang SW. The Influence of family-of-origin experiences on marital intimacy and parent-child relation [dissertation]. Jeonju:Chonbuk National Univ.;2009.
- Hwang JG, Kim YH. Family support perceived by cancer patients, family caregivers' burden and physical & psychological health. Korean J Fam Relations 2005;10:173-98.
- Arora NK, Finney Rutten LJ, Gustafson DH, Moser R, Hawkins RP. Perceived helpfulness and impact of social support provided by family, friends, and health care providers to women newly diagnosed with breast cancer. Psychooncology 2007;16:474-86. https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.1084
- Chun JY, Kim HJ. A study on body image, spouse support and psychosocial adjustment of patients in mastectomy. J Korean Acad Adult Nurs 1996;8:394-409.
- Lee IJ. A study psychosocial needs of brest cancer patients [dissertation]. Seoul:Ewha Univ.;2002.
- Yoo YS, Cho OH. Spouse support, sexual satisfaction and marital intimacy of post-mastectomy patients. J Korean Community Health Nurs Acad 2001;15:148-56.
- Pearson ES, Hartley HO. Biometrika tables for statisticians 2. London:Cambridge Univ. Press;1972.
- Watson M, Greer S, Young J, Inayat Q, Burgess C, Robertson B. Development of a questionnaire measure of adjustment to cancer: the MAC scale. Psychol Med 1988;18:203-9. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291700002026
- Lee MS. The relationship between brest cancer and coping style or emotional adaptation [dissertation]. Seoul:Seoul Univ.;1997.
- Waring E. The measurement of marital intimacy. J Marital Fam Ther 1984;10:185-92.
- Kim SM. A structual model for quality of life in women having hystrectomies [dissertation]. Seoul:Yonsei Univ.;1998.
- Shim MJ. A study of the sexual satisfaction and related variables in middle-aged women. J Korean Soc Matern Child Health 1999;3:233-43. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1022333623661
- Sim MS. The correlation between perceived family support and depression in patients with cancer [dissertation]. Seoul:Ewha Univ.;1990.
- Noh YH. Breast cancer survivor's conquest experience [dissertation]. Gwangju:Chonnam National Univ.;2003.
- Holmberg SK, Scott LL, Alexy W, Fife BL. Relationship issues of women with breast cancer. Cancer Nurs 2001;24:53-60. https://doi.org/10.1097/00002820-200102000-00009
- Moon SM. Pre-post changes among sexual satisfaction, marital intimacy and spouse's support of women received a hysterectomy [dissertation]. Gwangju:Chonnam National Univ.;2002.
- Oh JH. The study of mutual relations to the symptoms distress of the cases under the chemotherapy after mastectomy, selfcare deed and family support [dissertation]. Seoul:Ewha Univ.;2003.