- Volume 8 Issue 2
Characteristics of Settlement for Non-woven Geotextile through Cyclic Loading Model Test
원형토조 시험을 통한 반복하중에 따른 부직포의 침하특성
- Choi, Chan-Yong (Railway Structure Reserch Division, KRRI) ;
- Lee, Jin-Wook (Railway Structure Reserch Division, KRRI) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Ki (Railway Structure Reserch Division, KRRI)
- Received : 2009.05.04
- Accepted : 2009.06.25
- Published : 2009.06.30
The ballast track, the most common type of conventional railroad track in Korea, is deteriorated by abrasion of ballast, it's penetration into roadbed, and rugged surface of roadbed caused by cyclic loading of train. Persistent occurrence of those phenomena lead to insufficient drain capacity, one of major factors in track design, and it increases pore water pressure and decreases of shear strength under rainfall condition leading to unstable roadbed. In this study, cylindrical model tests are executed for 3 types of geotextile applying cyclic loading in order to observe the characteristics of displacement and bearing capacity of geotextile, and undrained condition has been applied for 0 day, 3 days and 7 days to each geotextiles. The results showed that there was about 1% difference at the final displacement rates between reinforced soils and nature soils and the displacement of the ground surface increases along with the degrees of the saturation. And in case that water contents exceeds the threshold, it is also apparent that weight and tensile strength of geotextile influences displacement of the ground surface. And the larger weight of geotextile is, the smaller plastic displacement. It is evaluated that non-woven fabric comes into effect on reducing the bearing capacity but, the weight of geotextile has little influence on it.
- 이종득 (2001), 철도궤도역학, 노해출판사.
- 이진욱, 최찬용 (2005), "토목섬유를 활용한 철도연약노반에서의 보강효과", 2005년도 한국지반공학회 봄학술발표회, pp.1546-1553.
- 정근영, 이일화, 이진욱, 최찬용 (2006), "궤도지지강성 변화구간에서의 광폭침목 사용에 따른 궤도거동 개선효과 분석", 한국철도학회 2006년도 춘계학술대회논문집, pp. 15-22.
- 최찬용, 이진욱, 김대상 (2007), "영업선상에서 분니 억제를 위한 자갈치환 공법과 토목섬유 보강공법 비교연구", 한국토목섬유학회 논문집, 제6권, 제4호, pp.21-28.
- Amsler, P. (1986), "Railway track maintenance using geotextile", Proc. 3rd International Conference on Geotextiles, Vienna, pp.1037-1041.
- Ashpiz, E. S., Diederich R. and Koslowski, C. (2002), "The use of spunbonded geotextile in railway track renewal St. Peterburg-Moscow", Proc. 7th Int. Conference on Geosynthetics, Nice, France, pp.1173-1176.
- ASTM D1683-07 Standard Test Method for Failure in Sewn Seams of Woven Apparel Fabrics.
- ASTM D3776-07 Standard Test Methods for Mass Per Unit Area (Weight) of Fabric.
- ASTM D4491 Standard Test Methods for Water Permeability of Geotextiles by Permittivity.
- ASTM D 4632 Standard Test Method for Grab Breaking Load and Elongation of Geotextiles.
- ASTM D4751 Standard Test Method for Determining Apparent Opening Size of a Geotextile.
- ASTM D4833 Standard Test Method for Index Puncture Resistance of Geotextiles, Geomembranes, and Related Products.
- Department of the Army & the Air Force (1995), Engineering Use of Geotextile, TM5-881-8/AFJMAN 32-1030.
- Indrarata, B. and Salm, W. (2005), Mechanics of Ballasted Rail Tracks, A Geotechnical Perspective, pp.100-101.
- Miura, N., Sakai, A., Taesiri, Y., Yamauchi, T. and Yasuhara, K. (1992), "Ultimate bearing capacity of unpaved road reinforced by geotextile", Proceedings of the International Symposium on Earth Reinforcement Practice, Ochiai et al., Balkea, Rotterdam, Vol. 1, ed., pp.659-664.
- Miura, N., Sakai, A., Taesiri, Y., Yamauchi, T. and Yasuhara, K. (1990), "Polymer Grid Reinforced Pavement on Soft Clay Ground", Journal of Geotextiles and Geomembranes, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.99-123. https://doi.org/10.1016/0266-1144(90)90007-Y
- Park, B. K., Lee, M. S. and Jeong, J. S. (1988), "Restraint effects on deformation of soft foundation with geotextile", Proc. of the International Geotechnical Symposium on Theory and Practice of Earth Reinfocement, pp.153-158.
- Selig, E. T. and Waters, J. M. (1994), Track Technology and Substructure Management, Thomas Telford, London.
- Web M. C. (1999), Improved Design and Construction of Large-Span Culvert, Ph. D. thesis, University of Massachusetts, Armherst.