- Volume 16 Issue 4 Serial No. 109
DOI QR Code
Consideration of Static-strain-dependent Dynamic Complex Modulus in Dynamic Stiffness Calculation of Viscoelastic Mount/Bushing by Commercial Finite Element Codes
점탄성 제진 요소의 복소동강성계수 산출을 위한 상용유한요소 코드 이용시 복소탄성계수의 정하중 의존성 반영 방법
- Published : 2006.04.01
Little attention has been paid to static-strain-dependence of dynamic complex modulus of viscolelastic materials in computational analysisso far. Current commercial Finite Element Method (FEM) codes do not take such characteristics into consideration in constitutive equations of viscoelastic materials. Recent experimental observations that static-strain-dependence of dynamic complex modulus of viscolelastic materials, especially filled rubbers, are significant, however, require that solutions somehow are necessary. In this study, a simple technique of using a commercial FEM code, ABAQUS, is introduced, which seems to be far more cost/time saving than development of a new software with such capabilities. A static-strain-dependent correction factor is used to reflect the influence of static-strains in Merman model, which is currently the base of the ABAQUS. The proposed technique is applied to viscoelastic components of rather complicated shape to predict the dynamic stiffness under static-strain and the predictions are compared with experimental results.
- Lee, J. -H. and Kim, K. - J. 2001, 'Characterization of Complex Modulus of Viscoelastic Materials Subject to Static Compression,' Mechanics of Time-dependent Materials, Vol. 5. No.3, pp. 255-271 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1017996207164
- Morman and Negtegaal, 1983, 'Finite Element Analysis of Sinusoidal Small-amplitude Vibrations in Deformed Viscoelastic Solids.' International Journal for Numerical Methods In Engineering, Vol. 19. No.7. pp. 1079-1103 https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1620190712
- Kim, B.-K. and Youn, S.-K. 2003, 'A Viscoelastic Constitutive Model of Rubber under Small Oscillatory Load Superimposed on Large Static Deformation,' Archive of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 71, No. 11, pp. 748-763 https://doi.org/10.1007/s004190100186
- Coleman and Noll, 1961, 'Foundation of Linear Viscoelasticity,' Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol. 33, pp. 239-249 https://doi.org/10.1103/RevModPhys.33.239
- KS M6604-1985, 'Testing Method for Rubber Vibration Isolators.'
- Lee, W. -S., et. al, 2003, 'Testing for Identification of Dynamic Properties of Viscoelastic Material Subject to Large Static Deformation,' Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 13, No.2, pp. 132-143 https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2003.13.2.132
- Freakley and Payne, 1978, 'Theory and Practice of Engineering with Rubber,' Applied science publishers LTD, London
- Mark, Erman and Eirich, 1994, 'Science and Technology of Rubber,' Academic Press, San Diego