- Volume 40 Issue 11
The purpose of this study is to identify the myth(erroneous beliefs) of police, lawyers, and doctors about wife abuse. Subjects included 194 police, 81 lawyers, 164 doctors, and 222 public who lived in Taegu and kyngbuk. The major findings of the study are follows; first, subject-groups commonly have the myth about wife abuse. Second, there are no differences by sex, formal education, and marital status. Additionally significant age differences are found in police and lawyers. Third, especially they have the myth about wife abuse-e.g. battered women could avoid being battered by simply leaving their batters, their husbands can stop the abuse by attending a counseling or therapy session and by deceasing the job-stress, and they must not to divorce for their children.
- 경북여성정책개발원(2000). 가정폭력위기개입을 위한 workshop자료집. 경북여성정책개발원
- 대법원(2000). 가정보호사건 통계자료. www.scourt.go.kr
- 대통령직속 여성특별위원회(1998). 가정폭력예방길잡이-가정폭력특례법
- 여성신문(2002). 경찰 재교육 없는 가정폭력방지는 꿈. 제670호, 2002. 3. 30-4. 5
- 이동원, 김지선(1998). 가정폭력의 허상과 실상, 부록:관련법률의 구성과 해설. 서울: 길안사
- 조선일보. 1998년 7월 14일자. 가정폭력 피해주부. 남편 퇴거명령 신청
- 조선일보, 1999년 5월 30일자. 가정폭력 3명 중 2명 법원처분없이 가정복귀
- 조선일보. 1999년 1월 17일자. 폭력남편에 두달간 안방출입 금지명령
- 조선일보. 2000년 6월 2일자. 소송폭주 '법대로 해보자'
- 한국여성개발원(1993). 가정폭력의 예방과 대책에 관한 연구. 서울: 한국여성개발원
- Acker, J. R. & Tach, H. (1985). Battered woman, straw man, and expert testimony: A comment on State v. Kelly. Criminal Law Bull, 21, 125-155
- Barrera, M., Palmer, S., Brown, R., & Kalaher, S. (1994). Characteristics of Court-Involved men and non-court-involved men who abuse their wives. Journal of Family Violence, 9(4), 333-345 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01531943
- Berk. S. & Loseke, D. C. (1980). 'Handling' Family Violence: The situate determinants of police arrest in domestic disturbance. Law and Society Review, 15, 317-346 https://doi.org/10.2307/3053608
- Ewing, C. P. (1987). Battered women who kill: Psychological self defense as legal justification. Lexington; Lexington Books
- Ewing, C. P. & Aubrey, M. (1987). Battered woman and public opinion: Some realities about the myths. Journal of Family Violence, 2(3), 257-264 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00976543
- Gelles, R. J. & Cornell, C. P. (1985). Intimate violence in families. California: SAGE Publishing Ltd.
- Gelles, R. J., & Straus, M. A. (1979). Determinants of violence in the family: Toward a theoretical integration. In W. Burr, R. Hill, F. I. Nye, & I. Russ(Eds.), Contemporary theories about the family(VoI 1). New York, NY;The Free Press
- Koski, P. R & Mongold. W. D. (1988). Gender effects in attitudes about family violence. Journal of Family Violence, 3(3), 225-237 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00988977
- Martin, D. (1981). Battered wives. Sanfracisco, CA; Volcano Press
- Martin D. 저, 정세응 역 (1992). 매맞는 여자들. 서울; 한국문연
- Rosenbaum, A. & O'Leary, K. D. (1981). Marital violence: Characteristics of abusive couples. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 49, 63-71 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.49.1.63
- Roy, M. (1977). Battered Woman; A psychological study of domestic violence. N.Y.; Litton Educational Publishing Inc.
- Walker, L. (1979). The battered women. Harper and Row: New York
- Walker, L. (1984). The battered women syndrome, Springer: New York
- Walker, L. 저, 황애경 역 (1997). 그 사랑은 자유가 아니었다. 서울: 열린
- Weiss, A. N. Tolman, R. M., & Bennett. I. (1998). An ecological study of nonresidential service for battered woman within a comprehensive community protocol for domestic violence. Journal of Family Violence, 13(4), 395-415 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1022827320184
- Woffordt, S., Mihalic, D. E., & Menard, S. (1994). Continuities in Marital Violence. Journal of Family Violence, 9(3), 196-225