- Volume 6 Issue 1
This paper proposes several methods to analyze dynamic and static characteristics of HVDC inverter system. The characteristic analysis is essential of the controller and filter design of the HVDC inverter system. Dynamic characteristic can be analyzed with EMTP simulation and static characteristic can be obtained by solving newly proposed load flow equation which includes the filter and load characteristic. New simple per-phase-equivalent circuit is also proposed. In this circuit, HVDC inverter is considered as a current source depending on the on-off status of switch. Dynamic and static characteristic can be analyzed by the proposed per-phase-equivalent circuit. For the optimal filter design, various performance criteria are proposed. The performance index, based on the per-phase-equivalent circuit, is calculated. Voltage harmonics and filter power loss are selected as criteria. Optimization procedure is explained to find optimal passive filter parameters.
- Power system Harmonics J. Arrillaga;D.A. Bradley;P.S. Bodger
- IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery v.6 no.4 Parameter Affecting Harmonic Distortion in a Converter Substation G.P Christofordis;A.P. Sakis Meliopoulos
- IEEE PES Summer Meeting Optimal Design of AC Filter Circuits in HVDC Converter Stations M. Saied;A. Khader
- IEEE Summer Meeting An Adaptive Estimation Method For Harmonic Voltage Minimization By Means of Line Conditioners R. Ashton;A. Emanuel
- IEEE Trans. on PAS v.PAS-89 no.3 An interconnected AC Filter Circuit in HVDC Converters T. Gilsig
- IEEE PES Summer Meeting The Application of Network Objective Function for Actively Minimizing the Impact on Voltage Harmonics in Power System W. Grady;M. Samptyj