- Volume 5 Issue 2
Crustal Characteristics and Structure of the Ulleung Basin, the East Sea (Japan Sea), Inferred from Seismic, Gravity and Magnetic Data
탄성파 및 중자력자료에 의한 울릉분지의 지각특성 및 구조 연구
- Huh, Sik (Marine Geology and Geophysics Division, Korea Ocean Research & Development Institute) ;
- Kim, Han-Jun (Marine Geology and Geophysics Division, Korea Ocean Research & Development Institute) ;
- Yoo, Hai-Soo (Marine Geology and Geophysics Division, Korea Ocean Research & Development Institute) ;
- Park, Chan-Hong (Marine Geology and Geophysics Division, Korea Ocean Research & Development Institute)
- Published : 2000.05.31
Depths to four seismic sequence boundaries and the thickness of each sequence were estimated and mapped based on multi-channel seismic data in the Ulleung Basin. These depth-structure and isopach maps were incorporated into the interpretation of gravity and magnetic anomaly maps. The sediment thickness ranges from 3,000 m to 4,000 m in the central basin, while it reaches 6,000 m locally along the southwestern, western, and southeastern margins. The acoustic basement forms a northeast-southwest elongated depression deeper than 5000 m, and locally deepens up to 7,500 m in the southwestern and western margins. Low gravity anomalies along the western and southern margins are associated with basement depressions with thick sediment as well as the transitional crust between the continental and oceanic crusts. Higher gravity anomalies, dominant in the central Ulleung basin, broaden from southwest toward northeast, are likely due to the shallow mantle and a dense crust. A pair of magnetic elongations in the southeastern and northwestern margins appear to separate the central Ulleung basin from its margin. These magnetic elongations are largely dominated by intrusive or extrusive volcanics which occurred along the rifted margin of the Ulleung basin formed during the basin opening. The crust in the central Ulleung Basin, surrounded by the magnetic elongations, is possibly oceanic as inferred from the seismic velocity. The oceanic crust can be mapped in the central zone where it widens to 120 km from the southwest toward northeast. Bending of the crustal boundary in the southern part of the Ulleung Basin suggests that the Ulleung Basin has been deformed by a collision of the Phillipine plate into the Japan arc.
- 지구물리 v.2 탐성파 탐사를 통해 본 울릉분지의 지각특성과 동해형성에 있어서의 의미 김한준
- 지질학회지 v.32 중력 및 해저면지진계탐사 자료에 의한 울릉분지의 지각구조 연구 박찬홍;김한준;양철수;석봉출;N.Isezaki
- 지구물리 v.32 울릉분지에서의 선상중력과 위성중력 통합에 의한 중력 해상도 향상 및 해석 박찬홍;김정우;허식;원중선;석봉출;유해수
- 한국해양학회지 v.3 동해울릉분지의 지구조 및 성인에 관한 지구물리학적인 연구 서만철;이광훈;손호웅
- 지질학회지 v.29 해상중력을 이용한 울릉분지의 지질구조연구 서만철;이미경;석봉출
- 한국해양연구소 보고서, BSPN 00213-625-5 동해지역 국제공동 해양연구(한국-러시아 공동연구) 석봉출;김한준;박찬홍;박맹헌;G.I.Anosov
- 한국해양연구소 보고서, BSPN 00321-950-5 한국 대수심 해역의 지구적 해저환경 연구 한상준(외)
- 한국해양연구소 보고서, BSPE97605-00-1037-5 동해분지의 해양환경변화와 지구조 진화연구 한상준(외)
- Geophysics v.46 Interpretation of magnetic anomalies due to dikes: The complex gradient method Atchuta,R.D.;Babu,H.V.R.;Narayan,P.V.S.
- Island Arc v.1 Multi-stage volcanism in the Ulleung back-arc Basin, East Sea (Sea of Japan) Chough,S.K.;K.E.Lee
- Geophys.Res.Lett. v.21 A seismic experiment in the Ulleung Basin (Tsushima Basin), southwestern Japan Sea (East Sea of Korea) Kim,H.J.;C.H.Park;J.K.Hong;H.T.Jou
- Mar.Geophy.Res. v.20 Seismic study of the Ulleung Basin crust and its implications for the opening of the East Sea (Japan Sea) Kim,H.J.;S.J.Han;G.H.Lee;S.Huh
- M.S.Thesis, Seoul National Univ. Geological structure of Ulleng back-arc basin, East Sea Lee,K.E.
- Tectonophysics v.308 Crustal structure, volcanism, and opening mode of the Ulleung Basin, East Sea (Sea of Japan) Lee,G.H.;H.J.Kim;M.C.Suh;J.K.Hong
- Geol.Soc.Am.Bull. v.86 Sediments and structure of the Japan Sea Ludwig,M.S.;S.Murauchi;R.E.Houtz
- Proceedings of the Third International Congress of the Brazilian Geophysical Society Analytic signal and reduction to the pole in the interpretation of total magnetic field data at low magnetic latitudes MacLeod,I.N.;S.Vierra;A.C.Chavaes
- Geophysics v.37 The analytic signal of two-dimensional magnetic bodies with polygonal cross-section: tis properties and use for automated anomaly interpretation Nabigian,M.N.
- Ph.D.Thesis, Chiba Univ. Crustal structure and evolution of the Ulleung Basin in the East Sea of Korea (the Japan Sea) by deep penetrating seismic refraction, reflection and potential field data Park,C.H.
- Geophysics v.57 Magnetic interpretation using the 3-D analytic signal Roest,W.R.;J.Verhoef;M.Pillington
- J.Geophys.Res. v.102 Marine gravity anomalies from Geosat and ERS-1 satellite altimetry Sandwell,D.T.;W.H.F.Smith
- EOS Trans.Amer.Geophys.Un.76, G42A-2 Marine gravity field from declassified Geosat and ERS-1 altimetry Smith,W.H.F.;D.T.Sandwell
- Geol.Surv.Japan Cruise Rept. v.13 Continuous esismic reflection profiling survey;In Geological Investigation of the Japan Sea Tamaki,K.;F.Murakami;K.Nishimura;E.Honza;E.Honza(ed.)
- Mar.Geophy.Res. v.13 Magnetic anomalies off West-Africa(20-38N) Verhoef,J.;B.J.Collette;J.J.Danobeitia;H.A.Roeser;W.R.Roest