Sensory and mechanical characteristics of Okgalseobyung by Different ratio of Ingredient

옥갈서병의 재료배합에 따른 Texture 특성

  • 이효지 (한양대학교 생활과학대학) ;
  • 허수연 (한양대학교 생활과학대학)
  • Published : 2000.12.01

Abstract

Ok-gal-seo-byung is a steamed rice cake which is made from rice flour mixed with com powder, sugars and cinnamon powder. This study aimed for exploring the best recipe of Ok-gal-seo-byung to popularize it. The most desirable recipe was determined after sensory evaluation and mechanical test for measuring texture, moisture content and colorimetry. In case of mixing rice flour with yellow com powder, the best result on each item was obtained in the following conditions: 15% of yellow com powder with honey for color, 15% of yellow com powder with sugar for flavor and sweetness, 5% of yellow com powder with honey for graininess, 5% of yellow com powder with sugar for moistness and chewiness, and 10% of yellow corn powder with sugar for overall quality. When glutinous com powder was used, the conditions giving the best results were as follows: 20% of glutinous com powder with sugar for color, graininess and chewiness, 30% of glutinous com powder with sugar for flavor, 10% of glutinous com powder with sugar for moistness and sweetness, 20% of glutinous com powder with sugar for overall quality. The best condition for each textural property was as follows: 10% of yellow com powder with sugar and 20% of glutinous com powder with sugar for springiness, 5% of yellow com powder with sugar and 30% of glutinous com powder with sugar for cohesiveness, 15% of yellow com powder with sugar and 20% of glutinous corn powder with honey for chewiness, 15% of yellow com powder with sugar and 30% of glutinous com powder with oligosaccharides for gumminess, 5% of yellow com powder with sugar and 10% of glutinous corn powder with sugar adhesiveness, 15% of yellow com powder with sugar and 30% of glutinous com powder with oligosaccharides for hardness. Moisture content in Ok-gal-seo-byung with yellow com powder and with glutinous corn powder which gave the most desirable results were 46.108% and 43.623%, respectively. As a result of colorimetry, the highest L value was obtained from 10% yellow com powder or glutinous com powder with oligosaccharides. The highest a value was obtained from 10% yellow com powder or glutinous corn powder with honey. The best b value was obtained from 15% yellow com powder with oligosaccharides and 30% glutinous corn flour with honey. Based on the results, the best recipe for Ok-gal-seo-byung was determined as follows: in case of using yellow corn powder, rice flour 315g, yellow com powder 35g, sugar 60g, water 100$m\ell$, cinnamon powder 0.5g, salt 3.5g, and in case of using glutinous com powder, rice flour 280g, glutinous com flour 70g, sugar 50g, water 110$m\ell$, cinnamon powder 0.5g, salt 3.5g.