- Volume 23 Issue 4
Heilongjiang Province has set up 104 nature reserves, with a total area of 2,641,700 ha, or 5.88% of the total area of the province. These constitute a network of nature reserves comprising most important types of nature reserves. and play an active role for improving the protection of the ecological environment and for the continuous economic and social development of the province. But in the management of these nature reserves, there are still some problems with people's idea, with educating the public, and with capital investment. These problems should be treated seriously. To preserve our natural heritage and biodiversity and to promote the sustainable development of our society and economy, it is projected that by the year 2000. the number of nature reserves in Heilongjiang is to reach 109, covering 6.17% of the total land area of the province. This percentage will be further increased to 8.62% by 2010, at which time the network of nature reserves is to have a proper distribution and comprehend all the important types of nature reserves. This will ensure the healthy development of the cause of nature conservation. with systematic planning, active protection. and sustainable use, so that ecological and social benefits can be developed hand in hand with economic benefits.
- A Sustainable Land Use and Allocation Program for the Ussuri/ Wusuli River Watershed and Adjacent Territorries (Northeastern China and the Russian Far East) Ecologically Sustainable Development
- CHINA: Biodiversity Conservation Action Plan Chinese Environmental Protection Agency (CNEPA)
- General Plan for Land Development and Renovation (Management) in Heilongjiang Province Heilongjiang Provincial Planning Commission
- Special Report 2, Heilongjiang Provincial Planning Commission Evaluation of Sustained Use of Resources in the Ussuri River Basin Soil Resources Heilongjiang Provincial Planning Commission
- Scientific Research Report for Heilongjiang Mishan nature reserve PIao,X.W.
- Research Report for Heilongjiang Honghe nature reserve PIao,X.W.
- Heilongjiang Provincial Nature Environment and Conservation PIao,X.W.
- Evaluation and Assessment for Conservation Spellerberg,I.F.
- Korean Pine Studies (I). Wang,Y.
- World Resources 1994-1995 World Resources Institute