- Volume 15 Issue 1
An analytical model about lateral crack occurring in abrasive wear of brittle solids is developed. Stress field around the lateral crack and stress intensity factor at the crack tip are analytically modeled. Abrasive wear by abrasive particle is experimentally studied. In soda-lime glass, it is observed that chipping by lateral crack occurs and produces the greatest material removal when normal load applied by the abrasive particle is about 1.5∼3.0 N. The prediction of lateral crack length from the model is compared with the experimentally measured length in soda-lime glass.
- KSME International Journal v.11 no.5 Surface Roughness and Material Removal Rate of Lapping Process on Ceramics Ahn,Y.;Park,S.S.
- Tribology Transactions of STLE v.34 no.2 Sliding Microindentation Fracture of Brittle Materials Chen,S.Y.;Farris,T.N.;Chandrasekar,S.
- Proc. R. Soc. Lond. v.A366 Microfracture about Scratches in Brittle Solids Swain,M.V.
- 한국윤활학회지 v.13 no.4 미끄럼 미소압입에 의한 소다석회 유리의 변형 및 파괴 거동 안유민;최상현;박상신
- Fundamentals Friction and Wear of Materials Wear Mechanisms in Ceramics Evans,A.G.;Marshall,D.B.;D.A.Rigney(ed.)
- The Science of Ceramic Machining and Surface Finishing Ⅱ Abrasive Wear in Ceramics: An Assesment Evans,A.G.;B.J.Hockey(ed.);R.W.Rice(ed.)
- Ph.D. Thesis, Purdue University Scratch Formation in Brittle Solids and Its Application to Polishing Bulsara,V.H.
- 한국윤활학회지 v.10 no.3 압자와의 미끄럼 접촉에 의한 취성재료의 응력분포 및 변형에 관한 연구 안유민
- J. Appl. Phys. v.68 no.8 Interaction of Lateral Cracks and Plastics Zones Tu,S.H.L.;Scattergood,R.O.
- M.S. Thesis, Purdue University Applications of Three Dimensional Fracture Mechanics to Micro-Indentation Testing and Scribing Chen,S.Y.