- Volume 28 Issue 2
In order to get a quantitative information of capsaicin intakes derived from Korean daily spicy food, capsaicin contents in powdered red hot peppers and powdered soup of Korean instant noodles were measured by high performance liquid chromatography. Capsaicin contents were 0.03~0.33mg/g in the powdered hot pepper, 3.67~5.50mg/g in the powdered soup with most spicy taste, 2.15~3.14 mg/g in the soup with medium level of spicy, and below 1.5mg/g in the soup with mild taste of Korean instant noodles. From the results, it was estimated that the amounts of daily intake of capsaicin from hot pepper were about 0.38~4.95mg/day, and capsaicin intakes from one pack of Korean instant noodles were about 10~60mg.
- Handbook shiksenghwalsa Kang, I. H.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.23 Attempts to estimate the use level of red pepper in kimchi and kochujang(hot soy paste) Shin, H. H.;Lee, S. R.
- Pharmacol. Rev. v.38 The neuropharmacology of capsaicin: review of some recent observations Buck, S. H.;Burks, T. F.
- Proc. Soc. Exp. Bio. Med. v.188 Some pungent principles of spices cause the adrenal medulla to secrete catecholamine in anestheitized rats Kawada, T.;Sakabe, S.;Watanabe, T.;Yamamoto, M.;Iwai, K.
- Proceeding of the 42th Annual Meeting of Korean Soc. Food Nutr. Antioxidative property of capsaicin in hot pepper. Lee, J. O.;Park, J. S.;Yu, R.
- Korean J. Immunol. v.16 Effect of dietary capsaicin on humoral imune response in sarcoma 180-implanted mice Yu, R.
- Cancer Lett. v.120 Capsaicin can alter the expression of tumor forming-related genes which might be followed by induction of apoptosis of a Korean stomach cancer cell linem SNU-1 Kim, J. D.;Kim, J. M.;Pyo, J. O.;Kim, S. Y.;Kim, B. S.;Yu, R.;Han, I. S.
- J. Chromatogr. v.208 Determination of capsaicin in tissues and separation of capsaicin analogues by high-performance liquid chromatography Saria, A.;Lembeck, F.;Skofitsch, G.
- Korean J. Nutrition v.28 A comparative study of nutrient and taste components in Korean and imported red peppers Son, S. M.;Lee, J. H.;Oh, M. S.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.14 The changes of capsaicin contents in fresh and processed red peppers Chung, B. S.;Kang, K. O.
- J. Kor. Capsicum Res. Coop. v.4 The situations of quality control system for red-pepper powder in Korea and America Hong, S. H.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.25 Effects of hot taste preference on food intake pattern, serum lipid and antioxidative vitamin levels in Korean college students Yu, R.;Kim, J. M.;Han, I. S.;Kim, B. S.;Lee, S. H.;Kim, M.;Cho, S. H.
- J. Kor. Capsicum. Res. Coop. v.1 The use and development of the red pepper products Choi, Y. W.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.23 Changes in volatile components and capsaicin of oleoresin red pepper during cooking Choi, O. S.;Ha, B. S.