- Volume 49 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Resin Impregnation Ratio on the Properties of Ceramics Made from Miscanthus sinensis var. purpurascens Particle Boards
수지함침율이 거대억새 파티클보드로 제조된 세라믹의 성질에 미치는 영향
- HWANG, Jung-Woo (Department of Wood Science and Technology, Jeonbuk National University) ;
- PARK, Hee-Jun (College of Human Ecology, Jeonbuk National University) ;
- OH, Seung-Won (Department of Wood Science and Technology, Jeonbuk National University)
- Received : 2021.04.06
- Accepted : 2021.07.02
- Published : 2021.07.25
For the purpose of finding new uses for Miscanthus sinensis var. purpurascens, this study first constructed boards with the particles of the plant and impregnated them with phenolic resin at resin impregnation rates of 30 ± 2%, 40 ± 2%, 50 ± 2%, and 60 ± 2%. The impregnated boards were then carbonized at the carbonization temperature of 800℃, after which their density and mechanical properties were examined according to the different resin impregnation rates. The results showed that density, flexural strength performance, Brinell hardness, and compressive strength increased as the resin impregnation rate increased, thus affecting the physical and mechanical properties of the ceramics made of M. sinensis var. purpurascens particles.
본 연구는 거대억새의 활용방안을 찾기 위하여 거대억새 파티클로 보드를 제조한 다음 페놀수지를 함침한 후 수지함침 율이 30 ± 2%, 40 ± 2%, 50 ± 2%, 60 ± 2% 인 함침보드를 탄화온도 800℃로 탄화하여 수지함침율에 따라 밀도 및 역학적 성질을 조사하였다. 밀도, 휨강도성능, Brinell경도 및 압축강도는 수지함침율이 증가 할수록 증가하여 거대억새 파티클로 제조된 세라믹의 물리 및 역학적 성질에 영향을 주었다.
- Byeon, H.S., Ahn, S.Y., Oh, S.W., Piao, J.J. 2004. Mechanical properties of woodceramics according to carbonizing temperature. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 32(3): 59-65.
- Hirose, T., Fujino, T., Fan, T., Endo, H., Okabe, T., Yoshimura, M. 2002. Effect of carbonization temperature on the structural changes of woodceramics impregnated with liguefied wood. Carbon 40(5): 761-765. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6223(01)00197-X
- Hwang, J.W., Oh, S.W. 2019. Change of surface temperature and far-infrared emissivity in ceramics manufactured from a board mixed with sawdust and mandarin peel. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 47(1): 66-79. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2019.47.1.66
- Hwang, J.W., Oh, S.W. 2020a. Properties of board manufactured from sawdust, ricehusk and charcoal. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 48(1): 61-75. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2020.48.1.61
- Hwang, J.W., Oh, S.W. 2020b. Mechanical performances of boards made from carbonized rice husk and sawdust: The effect of resin and sawdust addition ratio. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 48(5): 696-709. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2020.48.5.696
- Iizuka, H., Masimi, F., Okabe, T., Saito, K. 1999. Mechanical properties of woodceramics: A porous carbon material. Journal of Porous Materials 6(3): 175-184. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009691626946
- Ju, S.G., Roh, J.K. 2019. The dyeing properties of woody fiber regenerated from waste MDF by reactive dyes. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 47(2): 163-177. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2019.47.2.163
- Ju, S.G., Roh, J.K. 2020. Manufacturing regenerated woody dyed fiber from waste MDF using natural dyes. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 48(2): 154-165. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2020.48.2.154
- Kim, D.Y., Kim, E.J., Park, H.J. 2012. Characteristics of the Vegetation Mat Prepared from Renewable Resources. 2012 Proceedings of the Korean Society of Wood Science and Technology Annual Meeting, pp. 234-235.
- Lee, H.H. 1999. Development of rice hull board for the new ecomaterial. Report of ministry of agriculture, food and rural affairs.
- Lee, H.H., Han, K.S. 2000. Study on the optimum pre-treatment condition for manufacture of rice hull board. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 28(3): 9-13.
- Oh, S.W. 2005. Properties of woodceramics obtained by high temperatures and phenolic resin impregnation. Forest Products Journal 55(9): 27-30.
- Oh, S.W., Byeon, H.S. 2002. Properties of woodceramics made from MDF. Journal of the Korea Wood Science and Technology 30(2): 115-120.
- Oh, S.W., Byeon, H.S. 2005. Properties of composite boards made of sawdust and rice husk. Advance in Ecomaterial 2: 603-607.
- Oh, S.W., Park, H.J., Hwang, J.W. 2012. Charactistics of board made from miscanthus sinensis var. purpuracsens particles. Journal of Agriculture & Life Science 46(2): 43-48.
- Oh, S.W., Park, H.J., Hwang, J.W. 2014. Characteristics of ceramics from miscanthus sinensis var. purpurascens particle board. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 42(3): 251-257. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2014.42.3.251
- Oh, S.W., Piao, J.J. 2004. Properties of woodceramics made from thinned logs(I): Effect of resin impregnation rate and burning temperature. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 32(1): 73-79.
- Oh, S.W., Park, H.J. 2010. A change in surface temperature of ceramics made from board mixed with sawdust and rice husk -Effect of resin impregnation rate and carbonization temperature-. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 38(1): 43-48. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2010.38.1.43
- Okabe, T. 1996. Woodceramics. Uchida Rokakuho Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Okabe, T., Saito, K. 1995. Development of woodceramics. Transactions of the Material Research Society of Japan 18: 681-684.
- Park, H.J., Oh, S.W., Kim, D.Y., Kang, C.W., Wen, M.Y. 2012. Properties of Miscanthus-Wood Particle Composite Boards. 2012 Proceedings of the Korean Society of Wood Science and Technology Annual Meeting, pp. 252-253.
- Zhao B.Y., Hirose, T., Okabe, T., Zhang, D., Fan, T.X., Hu, K.A. 2002. Woodceramics prepared from wood powder/phenilated wood composite. Journal of Porous Materials 9(3): 195-201. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1020986801521