- Volume 60 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Pochazia shantungensis Oviposition on Apple Quality and Hatching Rate by Machine Oil Treatment Method
갈색날개매미충의 산란이 사과 품질에 미치는 영향과 기계유유제 처리 방법에 따른 부화율
- Song, Yang Yik (Apple Research Institute, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science, RDA) ;
- Cho, Young Sik (Apple Research Institute, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science, RDA) ;
- Nam, Jong-Chul (Apple Research Institute, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, Dongyong (Apple Research Institute, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science, RDA)
- 송양익 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 사과연구소) ;
- 조영식 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 사과연구소) ;
- 남종철 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 사과연구소) ;
- 이동용 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 사과연구소)
- Received : 2020.12.30
- Accepted : 2021.02.25
- Published : 2021.03.01
This study was conducted to investigate the hatching rate of Pochazia shantungensis according to the treatment method of machine oil and the effect on apple quality by spawning. In the effect of machine oil treatment, when 20 times of the machine oil was spread by brush, the average hatching rate was 0.57%, and the sprayed branches showed an average hatching rate of 1%. When the machine oil agent was applied 50 times, the hatching rate was about 35% to spread by brush, whereas the spray treatment showed about 77%, so there were no difference from the non-treatment considering the deviation. There was no statistically significant difference in the quality of fruit even when apple fruits were fruited in the following year in the results of spawning and non-spawning of P. shantungensis in Hongro and Fuji varieties. In addition, there was no statistical significance in the difference between branch breakage and growth caused by spawning of P. shantungensis.
- Choi, D.S., Kim, D.I., Ko, S.J., Kang, B.R., Lee, K.S., Park, J.D., Choi, K.J., 2012. Occurrence ecology of Ricania sp. (Hemiptera: Ricaniidae) and selection of environmental friendly agricultural materials for control. Korean. J. Appl. Entomol. 51, 141-148.
- Choi, D.S., Ma, K.C., Kim, H.J., Lee, J.H., Oh, S.A., Kim, S.G., 2018. Survey the occurrences and establishment of environment-friendly control system of Ricania shanthungensis in Jeonnam Province. Korean J. Org. Agric. 26, 439-452.
- Choi, Y.S., Hwang, I.S., Kang, T.J., Lim, J.R., Choe, K.R., 2011. Oviposition characteristics of Ricania sp. (Homoptera: Ricaniidae), a new fruit pest. Korean. J. Appl. Entomol. 50, 367-372.
- Kang, T.J., Kim, S.J., Kim, D.H., Yang, C.Y., Ahn, S.J., Lee, S.C., Kim, H.H., 2013. Hatchability and Temperature-dependent development of overwintered eggs of Ricania sp. (Hemiptera: Ricaniidae). Korean. J. Appl. Entomol. 52, 431-436.
- Kim, D.H., Kim, H.H., Yang, C.Y., Kang, T.J., Yoon, J.B., Seo, M.H., 2016. Characteristic of oviposition and effect of density suppression by yellow-colored sticky trap on Ricania shantungensis (Hemiptera: Ricaniidae) in blueberry. Kor. J. Pestic. Sci. 20, 281-285.
- Kim, D.H., Yang, C.Y., Kim, H.H., Seo, M.H., Yoon, J.B., 2017. Effect of moisture content of pruned blueberry and peach twigs on hatchability of Ricania shantungensis (Hemiptera: Ricaniidae) Eggs. Korean. J. Appl. Entomol. 56, 357-363.
- Park, B.Y., Jeong, I.H., Park, S.K., Jeon, S.W., Lee, S.B., Lee, S.K., Lee, S.E., 2019. Insecticidal activity and repellent effects of methylcinnamate separated from Alpinia galangal on Ricania sp. Korean J. Org. Agric. 27, 57-63.
- Rahman, M.A., Kwon, Y.J., Suh, S.J., Jo, S.H., Youn, Y.N., 2012. The Genus Pochazia Amyot and Serville (Hemiptere Ricaniidae) from Korea, with a newly recorded species. J. Entomol. 9(5), 239-247.
- Ryu, T.H., Kwon, H.R., Yu, Y.M., Youn, Y.N., 2016. Repellent Effects of Peppermint Oil Against Pochazia shantungensis (Hemiptera: Ricaniidae). Korean. J. Appl. Entomol. 55, 223-233.