- Volume 60 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Adult Trapping using Sex Attractants of Grapholita molesta, Carposina sasakii and Conogethes punctiferalis mixed in Single Dispensers
단일방출제에 섞인 혼합 성페로몬 미끼를 이용한 복숭아순나방, 복숭아심식나방, 복숭아명나방의 성충 포획
- Jung, Jin Kyo (Crop Cultivation and Environment Research Division, National Institute of Crop Science) ;
- Choi, Kyung Hee (Rural Development Administration) ;
- Han, Kyung Sik (Shingu College) ;
- Lee, Soon Won (Apple Research Institute, National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Science) ;
- Boo, Kyung Saeng (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Cho, Young Sik (Apple Research Institute, National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Science)
- 정진교 (국립식량과학원 재배환경과) ;
- 최경희 (농촌진흥청) ;
- 한경식 (신구대학교) ;
- 이순원 (국립원예특작과학원 사과연구소) ;
- 부경생 (서울대학교 농업생명과학대학) ;
- 조영식 (국립원예특작과학원 사과연구소)
- Received : 2020.12.31
- Accepted : 2021.02.17
- Published : 2021.03.01
Trapping efficacy of lures obtained by mixing sex pheromone attractants of two or three species in a single dispenser were evaluated in peach and apple orchards for three lepidopteran fruit borers, Grapholita molesta (GM), Carposina sasaki (CS), and Conogethes punctiferalis (CP) which use different chemicals as their sex attractants. In the peach orchard, the trapping efficacy of the mixed lures of GM and CS attractants were reduced for GM trapping, compared with the single GM lure. The population fluctuation patterns of GM were highly correlated between the single lure and all the mixed lures. In the apple orchard, the efficacy of all the mixed lures were not reduced for GM trapping. The trapping efficacy of all the mixed lures for CS trapping were not reduced compared with the CS single lure in both the peach and apple orchards. In the peach orchard, the population fluctuation patterns of CS were highly correlated between the single lure and the mixed lures. The efficacy of the mixed lures for CP trapping could not be determined because of the small number of caught samples. The results indicated that mixed lures could be utilized for monitoring of the annual adult emergence of two species, GM and CS.
- Ahn, S.-J., Choi, K.-H., Kang, T.J., Kim, H.H., Kim, D.-H., Cho, M.R., Yang, C.Y., 2013. Molecular diagnosis of Grapholita molesta and Grapholita dimorpha and their different occurrence in peach and plum. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 52, 365-370.
- Boo, K.S., Kim, Y.G., Park, K.C., Choi, M.Y., 2005. Insect hormones and physiology. Seoul National University Publishing and Culture Center, Seoul. (In Korean)
- Byun, B.-K., Lee, B.-W., Bae, K.-H., Lee, K.-J., 2012. A review of the genus Grapholita (Lepidoptera, Tortricidae) in North Korea. Anim. Syst. Evol. Divers. 28, 291-296.
- Carde, R.T., Elkinton, J.S., 1984. Field trapping with attractants: methods and interpretation, in: Hummel, H.E., Miller, T.A. (Eds.), Techniques in pheromone research. Springer-Verlag, New York, pp. 111-129.
- Choi, K.H., Lee, D.H, Byun, B.K., Mochizuki, F., 2009. Occurrence of Grapholita dimorpha Komai (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae), a new insect pest in apple orchards of Korea. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 48, 417-421.
- Choi, K.H., Lee, S.W,. Lee, D.H., Kim, D.A., Kim, S.K., 2008. Recent occurrence status of two major fruit moths, oriental fruit moth in apple orchards. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 47, 17-22.
- Choi, K.S., Han, K.S., Jeon, M.J., Chung, Y.J., Kim, C.S., Shin, S.C., Park, J.D., Boo, K.S., 2004. Seosonal occurrence of the peach pyradlid moth, Dichocrocis punctiferalis at chestnut orchartds in some provines of Korea. J. Korean For. Soc. 93, 134-139.
- Han, K.S., Jung, J.K., Choi, K.H., Lee, S.W., Boo, K.S., 2000. Sex pheromone composition and male trapping of the peach fruit moth, Carposina sasakii (Matsumura) (Lepidoptera: Carposinidae) in Korea. J. Asia-Pac. Entomol. 3, 83-88.
- Han, K.S., Jung, J.K., Choi, K.H., Lee, S.W., Boo, K.S., 2001. Sex pheromone composition and male trapping of the oriental fruit moth, Grapholita molesta (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) in Korea. J. Asia-Pac. Entomol. 4, 31-35.
- Jeong, S.-A, Lalit, P.S., Ahn, J.J., Kim, Y.-I., Jung, C., 2012. Occurrence patterns of three major fruit moths, Grapholita molesta, Grapholita dimorpha and Carposina sasakii, monitored by sex pheromone in plum orchards. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 51, 449-459.
- Jung, C.R., Jung, J.K., Kim, Y., 2013. Effects of different sex pheromone compositions and host plants on the mating behavior of two Grapholita species. J. Asia-Pac. Entomol. 16, 507-512.
- Jung, C.R., Kim, S.-H., Kim, Y., 2014. Enhancement of species-specific attraction by addition of a minor component of sex pheromone gland of Grapholita dimorpha. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 53, 239-246.
- Jung, J.K., Han, K.S., Choi, K.S., Boo, K.S., 2000. Sex pheromone composition for field-trapping of Dichocrocis punctiferalis (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) males. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 39, 105-110.
- Jung, J.K., Kim, E.Y., Kim, I.H., Seo, B.Y., 2020. Species identification of noctuid potential pests of soybean and maize, and estimation of their annual adult emergence in Suwon, Korea. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 59, 97-107.
- Kim, D.S., Lee, J.H., Yiem, M.S., 2000. Spring emergence pattern of Carposina sasakii (Lepidoptera: Carposinidae) in apple orchards in Korea and its forecasting models based on degree-days. Environ. Entomol. 29,1188-1198.
- Kim, Y., Jung, S., Kim, Y., Lee, Y., 2011. Real-time monitoring of oriental fruit moth, Grapholita molesta, populations using a remote sensing pheromone trap in apple orchards. J. Asia-Pac. Entomol. 14, 259-262.
- Komai, F., 1979. A new species of the genus Grapholita Treitschke from Japan allied to the oriental fruit moth, Grapholita molesta (Busck) (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae). Appl. Entomol. Zool. 14, 133-136.
- Kwon, D.H., Kwon, H.K., Kim, D.H., Yang, C.Y., 2018. Larval species composition and genetic structures of Carposina sasakii, Grapholita dimorpha, and Grapholita molesta from Korea. Bull. Entomol. Res. 108, 241-252.
- Lee, S.W., Hyun, J.S., Kim, S.H, Kim, S.B., 1983. Studies on the ecology of the peach fruit moth, Carposina niponensis W. in: Research Report, Agricultural Sciences Institute, Rural Development Administration, Suwon, pp. 523-546. (In Korean)
- Lee, S.W., Hyun, J.S., Park, J.S., 1984. Studies on the developments of the overwintering peach fruit moth, Carposina niponensis Walsingham. Korean J. Plant Prot. 23, 42-48.
- Lopez, JR., J.D., Shaver, T.N., Goodenough, J.L., 1990. Multispecies trapping of Helicoverpa (Heliothis) zea, Spodoptera frugiperda, Pseudaletia unipuncta, and Agrotis ipsilon (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). J. Chem. Ecol. 16, 3479-3491.
- Murakami, Y., Sugie, H., Fukumoto, T., Mochizuki, F., 2005. Sex pheromone of Grapholita dimorpha Komai (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae), and its utilization for monitoring. Appl. Entomol. Zool. 40, 521-527.
- Park, K.-T., Kim, J.-M., 1986. Moths collected in the northern part of civilian control line neighbouring D.M.Z. Korean J. Plant Prot. 25, 77-83.
- Yang, C.Y., Han, K.S., Boo, K.S., 2001. Occurrence of and damage by the Oriental fruit moth, Grapholita molesta (Busck) (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) in pear orchards. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 40, 117-123.
- Yang, C.Y., Han, K.S., Boo, K.S., 2009. Sex pheromones and reproductive isolation of three species in genus Adoxophyes. J. Chem. Ecol. 35, 342-348.
- Yang, C.Y., Jung, J.K., Han, K.S., Boo, K.S., Yiem, M.S., 2002. Sex pheromone composition and monitoring of the oriental fruit moth, Grapholita molesta (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) in Naju pear orchards.J. Asia-Pac. Entomol. 5, 201-207.
- Yang, C.Y., Kim, D.H., Kim, H.H., Kang, T.K., Cho, Y.S., 2016. Distribution ratios of Grapholita molesta and G. dimorpha larvae in pest-damaged fruits of five Rosaceae fruit trees. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 55, 313-317.
- Yoon, J.-K., 1981. Studies on physiology, ecology and control of Dichocrosis punctiferalis G. (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae), in: Research Report, Jeonnam Rural Development Station, Gwangju, pp. 565-575. (In Korean)
- Yoshizawa, E., Derunori, S., Kaneko, M. 2008. Occurrence of Grapholita dimorpha in Nagano apple orchards. Plant Protection. 62, 556-559. (In Japanese)