- Volume 34 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Differences in Levels per Group on Math Self-Regulated Learning Factors of High School Students
고등학생의 수학 자기조절 학습 요인에 대한 집단별 수준 차이 비교
- Yoo, Ki Jong (AnBeop High School)
- Received : 2020.12.16
- Accepted : 2021.01.01
- Published : 2021.02.28
The purpose of the present study is to compare the differences in levels per group of high school students regarding the self-regulated learning factors for mathematics. For this purpose, a self-regulated learning measurement tool was developed and surveys were conducted. And the statistical analysis was completed using the frequency analysis, Kolmogorov-Smirnov normality test, Mann-Whitney U test and the Kruskal-Wallis H test. As a result, it is found that self-efficacy is of statistically significant differences in self-regulated learning levels regardless of the group classifications but test anxiety does not show statistically significant differences in self-regulated learning levels regardless of the group classifications.
- L. Brown Ann, S. DeLoache Judy, Skills, plans, and self-regulation, Children's thinking: What develops 3 (1978), 3-35.
- A. Bandura, Self-efficacy: toward a unifying theory of behavioral change, Psychological Review 84(2) (1977), 191-215. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- A. Bandura, Social Foundations of Thought and Action, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1986, 23-28.
- Bong K. Y., The Effect of Self-Regulated Learning Program on Progresses in Self-Efficacy and the Reading Comprehension of Underachievers in Reading Comprehension, Doctoral Thesis, Seoul Women's University, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2004.
- Chang I., Lee S., The Effects of Self-Regulated Learning Program on Underachiever's Self-Directed Learning and Academic Achievement, The Journal of Elementary Education 22(4) (2009), 327-349.
- Chung M. K., Verification of Structural Model on the Relationship between Self-regulating Learning and Academic Achievement, Doctoral Thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 1999.
- Chung M. K., The development of self-regulated learning test for secondary school students, Korean Journal of Educational Research 41(4) (2003), 157-182.
- Chung M. K., The Development of Self-Regulated Learning Test for University Student, Journal of Education Evaluation 18(3) (2005), 155-181.
- Heo E. Y., The Effects of Creative Discretional Activity in a Self-Directed Learning Program on Middle School Students' Self-Efficacy, Motivation, and Academic Achievement, Journal of Research in Curriculum & Instruction 14(1) (2010), 1-20. https://doi.org/10.24231/RICI.2010.14.1.1
- Kim J. E., Kang H. S., Effect of Self-Regulated Learning Strategy on Mathematical Word Problems and Self-Efficacy of Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders, Teacher Education Research 48(1) (2009), 91-106.
- Kim T. H., Oh H. J., A Study on the Effect by Self-oriented Learning in Group for Improvement of Problem-solving Ability; Gentered to the 2nd Grade Curriculum of Middle School, Journal of the Korean School Mathematics 4(2) (2001), 115-123.
- Kim S. H., Effects of the self-regulated learning in the mathematics class to the academic achievement levels, academic self-efficacy and self-determination motivation, The Journal of Curriculum and Instruction Studies 9(2) (2016), 15-38.
- Kwon T. S., The effects of self-regulated learning strategies training on academic achievement of high school student, The Journal of Lifelong Education 13 (2004), 185-207.
- Lee J. R., Lee G. H., A Study on the Relation between SDLR and Mathematical Inclination-A Case Study on Engineering Freshmen in D University, Communications of Mathematical Education 26(1) (2012), 15-28. https://doi.org/10.7468/JKSMEE.2012.26.1.015
- Lim Y. M., The effects of private tutoring expenses, parents' monitoring·affection, their children's learning value and selfregulated learning abilities on middle-school boys' and girls' academic achievement, Korean Home Economics Education Assciation 26(3) (2014), 113-131.
- Ma S. M. et al, A Meta-Analysis on the Relationship between Self-Regulated Learning and Academic Achievement, The Journal of Child Education 28(3) (2019), 109-133.
- Scott G. Paris, James P. Byrnes, Alison H. Paris, Constructing theories, identities, and actions of self-regulated learners, Self-regulated learning and academic achievement: Theoretical Perspectives 2 (2001), 253-287.
- Park S. I., Kim M. K., Review on the construct factors of Self-Regulated Learning and the results of experimental studies about Self-Regulated Learning, Asian Journal of Education 5(2) (2004), 137-158.
- Park S. H., Park J. H., A Study of the Relations on Metacognition, Metamotivation, Volitional Control, and Academic Achievement of the Middle School Students' SelfRegulated Learning, The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology 17(4) (2003), 1-17.
- Paul R. Pintrich, Elisabeth V. De Groot, Motivational and self-regulated learning components of classroom academic performance, Journal of Educational Psychology 82(1) (1990), 33-40. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06188.8.131.52
- Nloa Purdie, Strategies for Self-regulated learning: A cross-cultural comparison, Graduate School of Education, The University of Western Australia, 1995.
- Marcel V. J. Veenman, Learning to self-monitor and self-regulate, In R. Mayer, P. Alexander(Eds.), Handbook of research on learning and instruction, New York: Routledge, 2011, 197-218.
- Rainer H. Kluwe, Executive decisions and regulation of problem solving behavior, Metacognition, motivation, and understanding 2 (1987), 31-64.
- Marcel V. Veenman, Bernadette H. A. M. Van Hout-Wolters, P. Afflerbach, Metacognition and learning: Conceptual and methodological considerations, Metacognition and Learning 1(1) (2006), 3-14. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11409-006-6893-0
- Philip H. Winne, A metacognitive view of individual differences in self-regulated learning, Learning and Individual Differences 8(4) (1996), 327-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1041-6080(96)90022-9
- Yang M. H., The Study on the Relationship between Self-regulated Learning and Academic Achievment, Asian Journal of Education 3(2) (2002), 47-70.
- Yang Y. C., Conditions of Instruction for Developing Self-Regulated Learning Ability, The Journal of Thinking Development 11(3) (2015), 55-79.
- Yoo K. J., Kim C. I., Choi-Koh S. S., Comparison of High School Math Teachers' Preferences for 'Good Mathematics Teaching', Ser. A; The Mathematical Education 55(1) (2016), 129-145. https://doi.org/10.7468/mathedu.2016.55.1.129
- Barry. J. Zimmerman, A social cognitive view of self-regulated academic learning, Journal of Educational Psychology 81(3) (1989), 329-339. https://doi.org/10.1037//0022-06184.108.40.2069
- Barry. J. Zimmerman, Self-regulated learning and academic achievement: An overview, Educational Psychologist 25(1) (1990), 3-17. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326985ep2501_2
- Barry. J. Zimmerman, Self-regulation involves more than metacognition: A social cognitive perspective, Educational Psychologist 30(4) (1995), 217-221. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326985ep3004_8
- Barry. J. Zimmerman, Becoming a self-regulated learner: An overview, Theory into practice 41(2) (2002), 64-70. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15430421tip4102_2
- Barry. J. Zimmerman, M. Martinez-Pons, Development of a structured interview for assessing student use of self-regulated learning strategies, American Educational Research Journal 23(4) (1986), 614-628. https://doi.org/10.3102/00028312023004614
- Barry. J. Zimmerman, M. Martinez-Pons., Construct validation of a strategy model of student self-regulated learning, Journal of Educational Psychology 80(3) (1988), 284-290. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06220.127.116.114
- Barry. J. Zimmerman., Dale. H. Schunk (Eds.), Self-regulated learning and academic achievement: Theory, research, and practice, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1989.