- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Creative Fashion Design Process on Core Competencies in the Fourth Industrial Revolution Era - Focusing on Creative Self-Efficacy, Self-efficacy for Group Work, Problem Solving Ability, and Communicative Ability -
창의적 패션디자인 프로세스가 제4차 산업혁명시대 핵심역량에 미치는 영향 - 창의적 자기효능감, 협력적 자기효능감, 문제해결능력, 의사소통능력을 중심으로 -
- Choi, Hyoseung (Dept. of Fashion Design, Chosun University) ;
- Shon, Youngmi (Dept. of Fashion Design, Chosun University)
- Received : 2020.11.30
- Accepted : 2021.02.26
- Published : 2021.02.28
The field of design requires creative thinking in the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Advanced educational process are needed to develop creative human resources. The ability to creatively develop or cope with new things is also seen as an important core competency. Therefore, this study develops a creative fashion design process and verifies its effect on core competencies in the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. For this, 29 college students majoring in fashion design were selected to form an experimental group, a comparative group, and a control group. A creative fashion design program was applied in the experimental group. However, the existing fashion design program was applied to the comparative group. The corresponding sample t-test was applied as an analysis method. The analysis results are as follows. In the experimental group, creative self-efficacy, self-efficacy for group work problem solving ability, and communicative ability improved. However, only communicative ability improved in the comparative group. There was no change in the control group. We proved the value of the study based on collected results. In addition, the results of this study can be used as a basic strategy for subsequent research.
- Ahn, J. B. (2017). Changes in the educational paradigm in the 4th industrial revolution. Media & Education, 17(1), 21-34.
- Alavi, S. B., & McCormick, J. (2008). The roles of perceived task interdependence and group members' interdependence in the development of collective efficacy in university student group contexts. British Journal of Educational Psychology, 78(3), 37-393. doi:10.1348/000709907X240471 https://doi.org/10.1348/000709907X240471
- Bae, C. W. (2018). Development of storyteller education model(sem) and program and the effect of progress on creativity and communication ability. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Soongsil University, Seoul.
- Bartol, K. M., & Martin, D. C. (1994). Management(2nd Int ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Chen, G., Gully, S. M., & Eden, D. (2001). Validation of a new general self-efficacy scale. Organizational Research Methods, 4(1), 62-83. doi:10.1177/109442810141004 https://doi.org/10.1177/109442810141004
- Cho, S. K. (2017). A study on the effectiveness of storytelling-based STEAM education program for the design problem solving ability of a student majoring in design. The Korean Science & Art, 30, 441-452. doi:10.17548/ksaf.2017.09.30.441 https://doi.org/10.17548/ksaf.2017.09.30.441
- Choi, M. J. (2017). Effects of art creation project on creative selfefficacy - A case study of a liberal education class of C university. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 17(22) 165-190. doi:10.22251/jlcci.2017.17.22.165 https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2017.17.22.165
- Eby, L. T., & Dobbins, G. H. (1997). Collectivistic orientation in teams - An individual and group-level analysis. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 18(3), 275-295. doi:10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(199705)18:3<275::AID-JOB796>3.0.CO;2-C https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(199705)18:3<275::AID-JOB796>3.0.CO;2-C
- Gist, M. E., & Mitchell, T. R. (1992). Self-efficacy - A theoretical analysis of its determinants and malleability. Academy of Management Review, 17(2), 183-211. doi:10.2307/258770 https://doi.org/10.2307/258770
- Hanham, J., & McCormick, J. (2009). Group work in schools with close friends and acquaintances - Linking self-processes with group processes. Learning and Instruction, 19(3), 214-227. doi:10.1016/j.learninstruc.2008.04.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.learninstruc.2008.04.002
- Ha, U. K., & Cho, H. I. (2016). Development and validation of creative self-efficacy scale for college students. The Korean Journal of School Psychology, 13(1), 55-78. https://doi.org/10.16983/KJSP.2016.13.1.55
- Im, K. Y. (2011). Self-efficacy in group investigation collaborative learning. Education theory and practice, 16(2), 19-36.
- Jiang, Y. P. (2018). Relationships between creative self-efficacy and employee innovation behavior - The effect of conditioning on the situation. Unpublished master's thesis, Yeungnam University, Daegu.
- Jin, J. H., & Aha, J. H. (2016) Design prepares for the fourth industrial revolution - Focusing on the strategy of responding to two tracks in the design industry. Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology, 16(12), 33-45.
- Kang, J H., & Choi, I. S. (2006). Effects of creative problem solving program through generating product. The Korean Journal Of Educational Psychology, 20(3), 679-701.
- Kim, E. A., & Chung, O. B., & Chung, S. H. (2007). An analysis of the relationships between intrinsic motivation, self-efficacy, and creativity of children focusing on sex and age. The Journal of Educational Studies, 38(2), 23-47.
- Kim, H. W. (2016). The relationship between university femalestudent's creative personality and creative problem-solving in collaborative learning environment - Mediating effects of coregulation. The Journal of Creativity Education, 16(4), 139-154.
- Kim, I. Y. (2003). Sportswear design process. Textile technology and industry, 7(4), 457-470.
- Kim, J. Y., & Choi, H. Y., & Kim, S. I. (2018). A study on development of convergence design education for an ability of empathy enhancement during the 4th industrial revolution era - Focusing on domestic and foreign university cases. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(3), 451-456. doi:10.14400/JDC2018.16.3.451 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC2018.16.3.451
- Kim, K. K., & Yoon, J., & Choi, K. Y., & Park, S. Y., & Bea, J. H. (2008). The effect of interdisciplinary cooperation project learning on communication, problem-solving, and self-directed learning ability of university students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 14(2), 252-261. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.2.252
- Korea Institute of Design Promotion. (2016). The fourth industrial revolution and the future of design. Gyeonggido: Author
- Lamb, J. M., & Kallal, M. J. (1992). A conceptual framework for apparel design. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 10(2), 42-47. doi:10.1177/0887302X9201000207 https://doi.org/10.1177/0887302X9201000207
- Lee, D. H., & Yoon, H. J., & Kang, S. J. (2016). The exploration on design thinking program's possibility as a strategy to foster group creativity of science-gifted students. School Science Journal, 10(2), 151-171. doi:10.15737/ssj.10.2.201606.151 https://doi.org/10.15737/ssj.10.2.201606.151
- Lee, H. J. (1994). Introduction to clothing product studies. Seoul: Koreone.
- Lee, J. Y. (2013). A study on multidisciplinary design methodology according to a new paradigm. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyunghee University, Seoul.
- Lee, S. A., & Lee, Y. M., & Lee, Y. H. (2007). Application of women's knitwear design using SDS-ONE cad program. Journal of the Korean Society of Fashion Design, 7(2), 85-103.
- Lee, S. J., & Jang, Y. K., & Lee, H. N., & Park, K. Y. (2003). A study on the development of life-skills - Communication, problem solving, and self-directed learning. Korean Educational Development Institute. Seoul: Koreane.
- Lee, S. M., & Lee, H. H. (2011). Essentials of creativity assessment. (Kaufman, J. C., Plucker, J. A., & Baer, J.) Seoul: Hakjisa. (Original Work Published 2008)
- Lim, M. J. (2012). Smart fashion design process utilizing the collective intelligence of social network service. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Min, H. D. (2017). The effect of student-centered and problem-based class on critical thinking disposition, creative problem solving ability and cooperative self-efficacy. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Mokpo National University, Mokpo.
- Moon, J. H., & Shin, J. W. (2018). A study on educational model for improving creative expression ability - Focusing on case studies using experience of the five senses. Journal of the Korean Society Design Culture, 24(1), 227-236. doi:10.18208/ksdc.2018.24.1.227 https://doi.org/10.18208/ksdc.2018.24.1.227
- Nah, K., & Jun, S. J. (2015). The comparative study on creative processes based on design thinking. Journal of Industrial Design, 9(4), 63-72.
- National Institute for Lifelong Education Promotion. (2016). The future of education asked in the age of the fourth industrial revolution : A New Vision for Education of the World Economic Forum. (2nd ed.). Korea: June.
- Newell, A., & Simon, H. (1972). Human problem solving. Englewood cliffs. NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Park, Y. J., & Jung, B. M., & Kim, H. I. (2015). A exploratory research for the study based on the creative design education of the multidisciplinary convergence. Journal of Digital Design, 15(1), 609-620. doi:10.17280/jdd.2015.15.1.058 https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2015.15.1.058
- Pescosolido, A. T. (2003). Group efficacy and group effectiveness - The effects of group efficacy over time on group performance and development. Small Group Research, 34(1), 20-42. doi:10.1177/1046496402239576 https://doi.org/10.1177/1046496402239576
- Regan, C. L., & Kincade, D. H., & Sheldon, G. (1998). Applicability of the engineering design process theory in the apparel design process. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 16(1), 36-46. doi:10.1177/0887302X9801600105 https://doi.org/10.1177/0887302X9801600105
- Shin, S. M. (2018). Team mediator effect of team commitment on team efficacy, communication, and learning outcome perceived by individual in capstone design learning. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Women University, Seoul.
- Shon, K. S.(2017). A study on the interpersonal relationship ability and problem solving ability of university students. Korean Journal of Clinical Social Work, 14(1), 1-27.
- Spitzberg, B. H., & Cupach, W. R. (1989). Handbook of interpersonal competence research. New York: Springer-Verlag.
- Suh, E. K., & Chon, E. H., & Jung, H. J. (2016). Development of lecture to increase undergraduate students' creative competency based on design thinking. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 16(4), 693-718.
- Sung, E. H. (2006). Relationships among intrinsic-extrinsic motivation, self-efficacy, and creativity. Korean Jpurnal of Child Studies, 27(5), 183-193.
- Watkins, S. M. (1998). Using the design process to teach functional apparel design. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 7(1), 10-14. doi:10.1177/0887302X8800700103 https://doi.org/10.1177/0887302X8800700103
- World Economic Forum.(2015). New vision for education - Unlocking the potential of technology. British Columbia Teachers' Federation.
- You, J. W. (2014). The Relationship among self-efficacy for group work, team efficacy, interaction, and team performance in team project - Based learning in a college classroom. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 14(10), 89-110.