- Volume 33 Issue 5
In this paper, we investigate the causes and the characteristics of transformations of mathematics education in modern China, focusing on the contents of mathematics education in the Ming and Qing dynasties. In this process, mathematics education was investigated from the overall educational view of each dynasty, so the educational situation of each dynasty was also considered.
- CHANG Ui-shik, Shanghai Guang-fang-yan-guan(上海廣方言館) and Mordern Education in Late Ch'ing China, DAEGU SAHAK 76 (2004), 213-255.
- CHANG Ui-shik, Controversary for Department of Astronomy and Mathematics in Tungwen Kuan in Late Ch'ing Dynasty, DAEGU SAHAK 78 (2005), 189-227.
- CHANG Ui-shik, Education and State Examination for Mathematics in the Late Ch'ing, Journal of Chinese historical researches 115 (2018), 175-210.
- GU Ja Oek, History of Education in China, Booksarang, 1999.
- KHANG Mee Kyung, Life and Thoughts of Xu Guang-qi in mathematical prospective, Journal for History of Mathematics 32(5) (2019), 233-240. https://doi.org/10.14477/JHM.2019.32.5.233
- KIM Sung Sook, KHANG Mee Kyung, Mathematics education in ancient China, Journal for History of Mathematics 31(5) (2018), 223-234. https://doi.org/10.14477/jhm.2018.31.5.223
- KIM Yong-Woon, KIM Yong-Kook, History of Mathematics in China, Minumsa, 1996.
- Yip-Cheung CHAN, Man-Keung SIU, Facing the change and meeting the challenge: mathematics curriculum of Tongwen Guan in China in the second half of the nineteenth century, ZDM : the international journal on mathematics education SCOPUS, Springer, 2012, 461-472.