- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of a Flood Disaster Evacuation Map Using Two-dimensional Flood Analysis and BIM Technology
2차원 침수해석과 BIM 기술을 활용한 홍수재난 대피지도 작성
- Jeong, Changsam (Civil and Environmental Engineering, Induk University)
- 정창삼 (인덕대학교 토목환경공학과)
- Received : 2020.03.25
- Accepted : 2020.06.23
- Published : 2020.06.30
In this study, the two-dimensional flow analysis model Hydro_AS-2D model was used to simulate the situation of flooding in Seongsangu and Uichang-gu in Changwon in the event of rising sea levels and extreme flooding, and the results were expressed on three-dimensional topography and the optimal evacuation path was derived using BIM technology. Climate change significantly affects two factors in terms of flood damage: rising sea levels and increasing extreme rainfall ideas. The rise in sea level itself can not only have the effect of flooding coastal areas and causing flooding, but it also raises the base flood level of the stream, causing the rise of the flood level throughout the stream. In this study, the rise of sea level by climate change, the rise of sea level by storm tidal wave by typhoon, and the extreme rainfall by typhoon were set as simulated conditions. The three-dimensional spatial information of the entire basin was constructed using the information of topographical space in Changwon and the information of the river crossing in the basic plan for river refurbishment. Using BIM technology, the target area was constructed as a three-dimensional urban information model that had information such as the building's height and location of the shelter on top of the three-dimensional topographical information, and the results of the numerical model were expressed on this model and used for analysis for evacuation planning. In the event of flooding, the escape route is determined by an algorithm that sets the path to the shelter according to changes in the inundation range over time, and the set path is expressed on intuitive three-dimensional spatial information and provided to the user.
- Cerovsek, T. (2011). A Review and Outlook for a 'Building Information Model'(BIM): A Multi-standpoint Framework for Technological Development. Advanced Engineering Informatics. 24(2): 224-244. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aei.2010.06.003
- Changwon (2000). Changwon River Improvement Master Plan. Gyeongsangnam-do: Changwon.
- Changwon (2013). Comprehensive Plan for Reducing Feng Shui Sea in Changwon City. Gyeongsangnam-do: Changwon.
- de Laat, R. and van Berlo, L. (2011). Integration of BIM and GIS: The development of the CityGML GeoBIM extension. In Advances in 3D Geo-information Sciences. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. 211-225.
- Groger, G., Kolbe, T. H., Czerwinski, A., and Nagel, C. (2008). OpenGIS City Geography Markup Language (CityGML) Encoding Standard, Open Geospatial Consortium Inc. OGC Document Number 08-007r1.
- Hardin, B. (2009) BIM and Construction Management. Wiley.
- Jeong, C., Ahn, J., and Ahn, J. (2017). Development of Integrated Disaster Management System and Application for Hydraulic Structure. Journal of the Korean Society of Nazard Mitigation. 17(3): 109-115. https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2017.17.3.109
- Kim, D. H., Yoo, H., Jeong, S., and Lee, S. O. (2018). Development for Prediction Model of Disaster Risk through Try and Error Method : Storm Surge. Korean Society of Disaster & Security. 11(2): 37-43.
- Kim, Y. I., Kim, D. H., and Lee, S. O. (2019). Shape Similarity Analysis for Verification of Hazard Map for Storm Surge : Shape Criterion. Korean Society of Disaster & Security. 12(3): 13-24.
- MOIS (2013). Guidelines for Drawing Up Disaster Maps, Etc. Sejong City: Ministry of the Interior and Safety.
- MOIS (2018). Final Report on the Development of the Evaluation Technology for Complex Causes of Inundation Vulnerability and the Response Plans in Coastal Urban Areas for Adaptation to Climate Change. Sejong City: Ministry of the Interior and Safety.
- MPSS (2015). Final Report on the Establishing Active Disaster Management System of Flood Control Structures by Using 3D BIM Technique. Sejong City: Ministry of Public Safety and Security.
- NDMI (2003). A Study on the Establishment of Disaster Management System Using GIS. Ulsan City: National Disaster Management Research Institute.
- Resident Registration Demographics. Changwon City Statistical Information System. https://www.changwon.go.kr/stat/ main.do (accessed 2020.03.20.).
- Sarhadi, A., Soltani, S., and Modarres, R. (2012). Probabilistic Flood Inundation Mapping of Ungauged Rivers: Linking GIS Techniques and Frequency Analysis. Journal of Hydrology. 458: 68-86.
- Singh, V. and Fiorentino, M. (Eds.) (2013). Geographical Information Systems in Hydrology, Vol. 26. Springer Science & Business Media.