- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Importance Level & Present Level Analysis of ISO Auditor' Competency Factors
ISO 심사원 역량요소의 중요도와 보유도 분석에 관한 연구
- Cho, Ki Hoon (Dept. of Business Disaster Safety Management, Woosuk Univ.) ;
- Yang, Seoung Weon (Dept. of Business Disaster Safety Management, Woosuk Univ.) ;
- Lee, Dong Won (Dept. of Business Disaster Safety Management, Woosuk Univ.)
- 조기훈 (우석대학교 기업재난안전관리학과) ;
- 양승원 (우석대학교 기업재난안전관리학과) ;
- 이동원 (우석대학교 기업재난안전관리학과)
- Received : 2020.07.29
- Accepted : 2020.08.28
- Published : 2020.09.30
The purpose of this study was to identify the priority of the ISO auditors' specialized knowledge and job skills required to perform their duties, along with their personal characteristics, in order to enhance field-based auditing capability. For achieving the objectives of the study, the questionnaire consisted of a total of 50 competency factors, adding personal characteristics area to the ISO 19011-based specialized knowledge and job skills areas and the survey was conducted on the currently active ISO auditors with a five-point recert scale. Based on the results of the survey, the importance and present of ISO auditors in 3 competency areas were verified statistically significant difference through a t-test. The top priority and next priority competency factors for the overall competency and each competency areas were obtained through the Borich coefficient and the Locus for Focus Model. Considering the top priority competency factors in each competency areas identified from the study results, it can help develop related auditing curriculum. for improving the auditors' competency, and furthermore, it is expected to help strengthen ISO management system including quality, health & safety, environment and business continuity for companies.
- Abosch, K. S. and Reidy, D. B. (1996). Supporting Teams Through Rewards System. American Compensation Association Journal. 5(4): 72-81.
- Borich, G. D. (1980). A Needs Assessment Model for Conducting Follow-up Studies. Jaurnal of Teacher Education. 31(3): 39-42. https://doi.org/10.1177/002248718003100310
- Boyatzis, R. E. (1982). The Competent Manager: A Model for Effective Performance, New York: Wiley-Interscience.
- Cho, D. Y. (2009). Need Analysis of Job Competence Based on Teacher Development: Elementary School Teachers in Seoul. KSSTE. 26(2): 365-385.
- Hwang, Y. H. and Park, S. J. (2016). Educational Needs Analysis for Key Vocational Competency in Nursing Students. Korea Academy Industrial Cooperation Society. 17(11): 595-603. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.11.595
- International Organization for Standardization (2018). KS A ISO 19011. Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems. Switzerland: ISO Copyright Office.
- Jeon, S. H. (2015). Teaching Competency and Needs Analysis in Accordance with the Teacher's Career in High School. The degree of Master of Education. Kyungpook National University.
- Mink, O. G., Shultz, J. M., and Mink, B. P. (1991). Developing and Managing Open Organizations: A Model And Method for Maximizing Organizational Potential. Austin: Somerset Consulting Group, Inc.
- Seo, J. Y., Park, S. J., Park, S. W., and Rah, M. J. (2016). An Analysis of Competency for LEAs Administrative Officer: Focused on the Importance-Performance Analysis. Korea Journal of Educational Administration. 34(3): 159-180.
- Spencer, L. M. and Spencer, S. M. (1993). Competence at Work: Models for Superior Performance. John Wiley & Sons, New York.