- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Statistical Characteristics of Annual Precipitation in Korea Using Data Screeening Technique
데이터 스크린 기법을 이용한 연강수량의 통계적 특성 분석
- Jeung, Se-Jin (Climate Disaster Big Data Center, Kangwon Institute of Inclusive Technoligy, Kangwon National University) ;
- Lim, Ga-Kyun (Disaster Prevention Department, Kyongbo Engineering co.LTD) ;
- Kim, Byung-Sik (Department of Urban & Environmental Disaster Prevention Engineering, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2020.08.25
- Accepted : 2020.09.20
- Published : 2020.09.30
Hydrological data is very important in understanding the hydrological process and identifying its characteristics to protect human life and property from natural disasters. In particular, hydrological analysis are often performed assuming that hydrological data are stationary. However, recently climate change has raised the issue of climate stationary, and it is necessary to analyze the nonstationary of the climate. In this study, a method to analyze the stationarity of hydrological data was examined using the annual precipitation of 37 meteorological stations with long - term record data. Therefore, in this study, the stationary was determined by analyzing the persistence, trend, and stability using annual precipitation. Overall results showed that a trend was observed in 4 out of 37 stations, stable was investigated at 15 stations, and persistence was shown at 4 stations. In the stationary analysis using the annual precipitation data, 25 stations (67% of 37 stations) were nonstationary.
- Dahmen, E. R. and Hall, M. J. (1990). Screening of Hydrological Data: Tests for Stationarity and Relative Consistency. International Institute for Land Reclamation and Improvement.
- Jeung, S. J., Park, J. Y., Yang, D. M., and Kim, B. S. (2019). The Future of Extreme Climate Change in the Korean Peninsula Using National Standard Climate Change Scenarios and the ETCCDI Index. J. Korean Soc. Hazard Mitig. 19(7): 105-115. https://doi.org/10.9798/kosham.2019.19.7.105
- Kang, B. S., Lee, S. H., and Kwon, J. W. (2009). Properties Analysis of Climate Change on Hydrologic Variance in Korea Using Stationarity and Homogeneity Test. Proceeding of Korean Society of Civil Engineers. 2534-2637.
- Kim, B. S., Kang, K. S., and Seo, B. H. (1997). The Time Series Analysis of Annual Rainfall in Korea. Proceeding of Korea Water Resources Association. 280-285.
- Kim, T. R., Shin, H. J., Joo, K. W., and Heo, J. H. (2013). Trend Analysis of Extreme Hydrological Data Considering Skewness Degree. Proceeding of Korean Society of Civil Engineers. 1771-1773.
- Lee, J. J., Jang, J. Y., and Kwak, C. J. (2010). An Analysis of Temporal Characteristic Change for Various Hydrologic Weather Parameters (I) - On the Basic Statistic, Trend, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association. 43(4): 409-419. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2010.43.4.409
- Park, C. S. and Lee, G. R. (2018). Analysis on Abnormal Trend in Climate Change of Weather Stations in Korea. Journal of Climate Research. 13(3): 179-195. https://doi.org/10.14383/cri.2018.13.3.179
- Park, J. H., Lee, G. S., Yang, J. S., and Kim, S. W. (2012). A Hydrometeorological Time Series Analysis of Geum River Watershed with GIS Data Considering Climate Change. Spatial Information Research. 20(3): 39-50. https://doi.org/10.12672/ksis.2012.20.3.039
- Ryu, Y. J., Shin, H. J., Kim, S. Y., and Heo, J. H. (2013). Power Test of Trend Analysis Using Simulation Experiment. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association. 46(3): 219-227. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2013.46.3.219
- Song, H. K., Kim, S. H, Om, M. J., and Heo, J. H. (2015). Assessment of Spatial Trend and Stationary of Observed Rainfall by Considering Duration. Proceeding of Korean Society of Civil Engineers. 1-2.
- Yu, J. S., Kang, I. S., Park, J. I., and Shin, H. W. (1999). The Properties Analysis of Hydrology Time Series by the Use of Annual Rainfall Data. Journal of Research Institute of Industrial Technology. 15: 191-199.