- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Identification of Hazards for Offshore Drilling through Accident Statistics and JSA-based Risk Reduction
사고 통계 분석을 통한 해양 시추작업 위험요소 제시 및 JSA 기반 위험저감 방안
- Noh, Hyonjeong (Offshore Industries R&BD Center, KRISO) ;
- Kang, Kwangu (Offshore Industries R&BD Center, KRISO) ;
- Park, Min-Bong (Korea Offshore Company) ;
- Kim, Hyungwoo (Offshore Industries R&BD Center, KRISO)
- Received : 2020.09.08
- Accepted : 2020.10.05
- Published : 2020.10.31
Offshore drilling units have a very dangerous working conditions due to the harsh working environment of the ocean and the high possibility of fire or explosion. This study would identify the hazards that emerge from the marine environment in the operation and maintenance phase of offshore drilling units and show how these hazards can be reduced through risk assessment/management. Various risk reduction and management measures were first reviewed, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) was selected as the risk assessment technique of this study. In order to understand the characteristics of offshore drilling operations, accident statistics of onshore and offshore drilling were analyzed and compared with each other, and major risk factors for offshore drilling were derived. The jobs in which offshore drilling accidents occur more frequently than onshore drilling was analyzed as the job of fastening, transporting and moving pipes and various materials. This result is due to the limited space of the ocean and the work environment that is prone to being shaken by wind, waves and ocean currents. Based on these statistical results, the job of picking and making up drill pipes was selected as a high-risk job, and JSA was performed as an example. A detailed safety check procedure is proposed so that workers can fully recognize the danger and perform work in a safe state that has been confirmed.
- 산업통상자원부, e-나라지표, 에너지 수급현황, "http://www.index.go.kr/potal/main/EachDtlPageDetail.do?idx_cd=2781" assessed on 22 Sep. 2020, (2020).
- 최종근, "해양시추공학", 도서출판 씨아이알, 서울, pp. 19-22, (2012).
- 황아롬, 주영석, 유현수, "해양플랜트와 해양장비기초(수정판)", 도서출판 GS 인터비전, pp.44-64, (2015).
- 안병기, 오현정, "반 잠수식 시추선 및 주요장비에 대한 이해", 한국해양공학회지, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp 86-92, (2012). https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2012.26.6.086
- ALNabhani K., "Chapter Five - Safety During Offshore Drilling Operation", Methods in Chemical Process Safety, Vol. 2, pp. 207-268, (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/bs.mcps.2018.04.007
- 김철현, 김용수, 이영범, 김덕수, 김대웅, "파랑 중 반잠수식 시추선의 비선형 횡동요 운동", 한국해양환경에너지학회 학술대회논문집, pp. 1402-1405, (2012).
- Symberszki, R.T., "Construction Project Safety Planning", TAPPI Journal, Vol. 80, No. 11, pp. 69-74, (1997).
- ISO, "ISO 31000 - Risk Management", (2018).
- 노현정, 강관구, 강성길, 이종갑, "국내 해양 CCS 사업의 HSE 관리 프레임워크 구축 전략", 한국해양환경에너지학회지, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 26-36, (2017).
- Rausand M., Risk Assessment - Theory, Methods, and Applications, Wiley, U.S.A., (2011).
- 노현정, 박상현, 조수길, 강관구, 김형우, "HAZOP을 통한 해양플랜트 흡착식 탈수공정 패키지의 위험성평가 및 안전도 향상 방안", 한국산업융합학회지, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 569-581, (2020).
- IADC, International Association of Drilling Contractors website, "http://www.iadc.org" assessed on 31 Aug. 2020, (2020).
- 선박해양플랜트연구소, "시추선 상부 주요모듈 운영 작업분석 및 유지보수 위험도 평가수행" 과제 보고서, (2020)