- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Parameters Estimation for SOC and SOH of the Battery
SOC 및 SOH 추정을 위한 파라미터 추정기법에 관한 연구
- Park, Sung-Jun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- Song, Gwang-Suk (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- Park, Seong-Mi (Dept. of Lift Engineering, Korea Lift College)
- Received : 2020.08.26
- Accepted : 2020.09.16
- Published : 2020.10.31
As the battery ages, the internal resistance of the battery increases, so the loss due to the internal resistance increases at the same charging current, causing the battery temperature to rise, which further accelerates battery aging. Therefore, it is necessary to optimize the charging conditions according to the aging of the battery or the current charge amount, and to accurately estimate this, estimation of the parameters of the equivalent circuit is most important. This paper proposes a new measurement technique that can measure the internal resistance of a battery by analyzing a specific high frequency voltage and current applied to the battery. In addition, in order to test the validity of the proposed measurement technique, the current charging amount was estimated based on the measured internal resistance, and the terminal voltage of the constant current charging mode was automatically set and operated. As a result, good results were obtained regardless of the battery voltage. If this equipment is installed in the charging device, it is believed that it will be of great help in the stability management of the aging reusable battery.
- Wonse Choi, Taesang Park, "Modeling and Performance Analysis of Electric Vehicle considering Electrothermal Model of Lithium-ion Battery," The Korean Society Of Automotive Engineers, pp. 807-8140, (2020).
- Jung-Jun Kim, Beom-Seok Chae, Young-Kwan Lee, Ki-Hwan Cho, "An Active Battery Charge Management Scheme with Predicting Power Generation in ESS," The Korea Institute of Smart Media, No.9, Vol.1, pp. 84-91, (2020). https://doi.org/10.30693/SMJ.2020.9.1.84
- Changki Choi, Deokhun Kang, Woojug Shin, Jonghoon Kim, "Research on development of a thermal analysis model based on electrical characteristics experiment of high capacity 21700 Lithium-Ion battery," THE KOREAN INSTITUTE OF POWER ELECTRONICS, pp. 40-42, (2020).
- Seungyun Han, Jinhyeong Park, Seongyun Park, Seungwoo Kim, Pyeong-Yeon Lee, Jonghoon Kim, "Continuous Time and Discrete Time State Equation Analysis about Electrical Equivalent Circuit Model for Lithium-Ion Battery," THE KOREAN INSTITUTE OF POWER ELECTRONICS, No.25, Vol(4), pp. 303-310, (2020).
- Jong-Hak Lee, Soo-Bin Kim, Sang-Keun Oh, Seung-Ho Song, "A Study on Battery Simulator Including Aging and Dynamic Impedance Model," THE TRANSACTIONS OF KOREAN INSTITUTE OF POWER ELECTRONICS, No.25, Vol.3, pp. 171-180, (2020). https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2020.25.3.171
- M. Brousely, P. Biensan, F. Bonhommeb, P. Blanchard, S. Hereyre, K. Nechev, and R. J. Staniewicz, "Main aging mechanisms in Li ion bateries," Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 146, pp. 90-96, (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.03.172
- S. H. Le and M. K. Park, "Batery state of charge estimation considering the batery aging," Institute of Korean Electrical and Electronics Enginers, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 298-304, (2014).
- T. Mesbahi, N. Rizoug, F. Khenfri, P. Bartholomeu, and P. L. Moigne, "Dynamical modeling and emulation of Li-ion bateries / supercapacitors hybrid power suply for electric vehicle aplications," IET Electrical Systems in Transportation, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 161-169, (2017). https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-est.2016.0040
- L. C. Casalsa, B. A. García, and C. Canalc, "Second life bateries lifespan: Rest of useful life and environmental analysis," Journal of Environmental Management, Vol. 232, pp. 354-363, (2019).