- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Abnormal and Fault Reproduction Method for Smart Monitoring of Thrust Bearing in Wave Power Generation System
파력발전 시스템 쓰러스트 베어링의 스마트 모니터링을 위한 이상 및 고장 운용 재현 방법에 관한 연구
- Oh, Jaewon (Offshore Industries R&BD Center, KRISO) ;
- Min, Cheonhong (Offshore Industries R&BD Center, KRISO) ;
- Sung, Kiyoung (Offshore Industries R&BD Center, KRISO) ;
- Kang, Kwangu (Offshore Industries R&BD Center, KRISO) ;
- Noh, Hyon-Jeong (Offshore Industries R&BD Center, KRISO) ;
- Kim, Taewook (Offshore Industries R&BD Center, KRISO) ;
- Cho, Sugil (Marine Renewable Energy Research Division, KRISO)
- 오재원 (선박해양플랜트연구소 해양플랜트산업지원센터) ;
- 민천홍 (선박해양플랜트연구소 해양플랜트산업지원센터) ;
- 성기영 (선박해양플랜트연구소 해양플랜트산업지원센터) ;
- 강관구 (선박해양플랜트연구소 해양플랜트산업지원센터) ;
- 노현정 (선박해양플랜트연구소 해양플랜트산업지원센터) ;
- 김태욱 (선박해양플랜트연구소 해양플랜트산업지원센터) ;
- 조수길 (선박해양플랜트연구소 해양에너지연구본부)
- Received : 2020.08.23
- Accepted : 2020.09.16
- Published : 2020.10.31
This paper considers a method of reproducing abnormal and fault operation for smart monitoring of thrust bearing used in wave power generation system. In order to develop smart monitoring technology, abnormal and failure data of actual equipment are required. However, it is impossible to artificially break down the actual equipment in operation due to safety and cost. To tackle this problem, a test bed that can secure data through reproduction of a faulty operating environment should be developed. Therefore, in this study, test bed that can reproduce each situation was developed and the operation result was analysis after identifying the situation to be reproduced through the failure factor analysis of the thrust bearing.
- I. H. Cho, "Latching Control Technology for Improvement of Extracted Power from Wave Energy Converter", Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environment and Energy, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 282-290, (2015). https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2015.18.4.282
- B. Anela, H. Jan, and R. Finn, "Evaluation of damping estimates by automated Operational Modal Analysis for offshore wind turbine tower vibrations", Renewable Energy, vol. 116, pp. 153-163, (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2017.03.043
- M. Kamarlouei, J. F. Gaspar, M. Calvario, T. S. Hallak, M. J. G. C. Mendes, F. Thieba ut, and C. Guedes Soares, " Experimental analysis of wave energy converters concentrically attached on a floating offshore platform", Renewable Energy, vol. 152, pp. 1171-1185, (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2020.01.078
- C. Roh, K. H. K im, J. H. Kim, and K. Hong, "A Comparison of PWM methods for Power Converter of OWC Wave Power Generation System", Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environment and Energy, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 84-94, (2019). https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2019.22.2.84
- K. Gurumoorthy, and A. Ghosh, "Failure investigation of a taper roller bearing: A case study", Case Studies in Engineering Failure Analysis, vol. 1, pp. 110-114, (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csefa.2013.05.002
- M. Y. Toumi, S. Murer, F. Bogard, and F. Bolaers, "Numerical simulation and experimental comparison of flaw evolution on a bearing raceway: Case of thrust ball bearing", Journal of Computational Design and Engineering, vol. 5, pp. 427-434, (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcde.2018.01.004
- J. Zhang, H. Sun, L. Hu, and H. He, "Fault Diagnosis and Failure Prediction by Thrust Load Analysis for a Turbocharger Thrust Bearing", Proceedings of ASME Turbo Expo 2010: Power for Land, Sea and Air, Glasgow, UK, (2010).
- J. Chebil, M. Hrairi, and N. Abushikhah, "Signal Analysis of Vibration Measurements for Condition Monitoring of Bearing", Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 70-78, (2011).
- A. Rezaei, "Fault Detection and Diagnosis on the Rolling Element Bearing", Garlenton University, (2007)
- F. G. Guzman, M. Oezel, G. Jacobs, G. Burghardt, C. Broeckmann, and T. Janizky, "Reproduction of white etching cracks under rolling contact loading on thrust bearing and two-disck test rigs", Wear, vol. 390, pp. 23-32, (2017).
- J. J. P. Loya, C. Johan, D. Abrahamsson, F. Evestedt, and U. Lundin, "Performance Tests of a Permanent Magnet Thrust Bearing for a Hydropower Synchronous Generator Test-Rig", ACES JOURNAL, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 704-711, (2017).
- K. Sandvik, A. Lehtovaara, E. Makkonen, M. Kallio, K. Kuvaja, V. T. Kuokkala, "Development of a Test Device for the Evaluation of Journal Bearings", Finnish Journal of Tribology, vol. 31, pp. 12-21. (2012).
- J. M. Yoo, D. G. Ahn, and J. S. Jang, "Review of FMEA", Journal of the applied reliablility, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 318-333, (2019) https://doi.org/10.33162/JAR.2019.12.19.4.318
- S. J. Park, W. H. Son, K. C. Lee, and H. S. Mok, "Performance Improvement through the Remanufacturing Process Analysis of Industrial Hydraulic Pumps", Journal of the Korea Society of Industry Convergence, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 181-189, (2020).
- BARDEN PRECISION BEARINGS, "BEARING FAILURE: CAUSES AND CURES", USA