- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A study on the Multibody Dynamics Simulation-based Dynamic Safety Estimation for Installation and Operation of A-Frame in Retrofit Vessel
개조 선박의 A-Frame 설치 및 운용을 위한 다물체 동역학 시뮬레이션 기반 동적 안전성 검토에 관한 연구
- Oh, Jaewon (Offshore Industries R&BD Center, KRISO) ;
- Kim, Hyungwoo (Offshore Industries R&BD Center, KRISO) ;
- Kwon, Osoon (KIOST) ;
- Kang, Hyoun (KIOST)
- Received : 2020.08.07
- Accepted : 2020.08.26
- Published : 2020.10.31
This paper considers the development of the dynamic analysis model and simulation-based operation safety estimation of A-Frame to be applied to the test evaluation support vessel for real sea test. The support vessel will be manufactured by modifying the existing offshore support vessel. Also, development and installation of various sensors and supporting facilities for test evaluation are under preparation. Among these facilities, A-Frame is an equipment that transfers marine equipment from ship deck to the sea floor, and is being designed to transfer up to 50 ton class equipment. However, the A-Frame is a moving equipment using hydraulic cylinders. When the 50 ton equipment is attached and transferred to A-Frame, the buckling of cylinders may occur or A-Frame becomes inoperable due to the influence of huge inertia. For this reason, safety verification should be performed using dynamic analysis techniques that can take into account huge inertia forces in the design of A-Frame. Therefore, in this study, A-Frame and ship behavior were modeled using dynamic analysis method, and the applied loads of various equipment including hydraulic cylinder of A-Frame was measured and the operation safety review was performed.
- J. Krukowski, and A. Maczynski, "Application of the rigid finite element method for modelling an offshore pedestal crane", The archive of mechanical engineering, vol. LX, no. 3, pp. 451-471, (2013).
- G. O. Tysse, and O. Egeland, "Dynamic Interaction of a Heavy Crane and a Ship in Wave Motion", Modeling, Identification and Control, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 45-60, (2018). https://doi.org/10.4173/mic.2018.2.1
- H. Kim, J. Kim, S. H. Park, S. Choi, and S. C. Huh, "A Study on the optimal design of lattice boom crane for offshore plant", Journal of the Korea Society of Industry Convergence, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 757-765, (2019). https://doi.org/10.21289/KSIC.2019.22.6.757
- P. S. Fard, H. Tohidi, and H. Moayeri, "Boom Structural Design and Static Finite Element Analysis for a 1000tons Sheerleg Offshore Crane", International Research Jounral of Engineering and Technology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 485-495, (2016).
- H. J. Seong, C. K. Jeong, J. H. Jeon, S. H. Park, Y. G. Jung, and S. C. Huh, "A Safety Evaluation of Offshore Lattice Boom Crane", Advances in Intelligent Systems Research, vol. 151, pp. 275-280, (2018).
- Virtual Motion, "DAFUL 2020 R1 Verification Manual", Virtual Motion, Inc., (2020).
- J. W. Oh, C. H. Lee, S. Hong, D. S. Bae, J. H. Lim, and H. W. Kim, "Study on Optimum Curve Driving of Four-row Tracked Vehicle in Soft Ground using Multi-body Dynamics", Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 167-176, (2014). https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2014.28.2.167
- J. Oh, D. Jung, H. Kim, C. Min, and S. Cho, "A study on the simulation-based installation shape design method of steel lazy wave riser (SLWR) in ultra deepwater depth", Ocean Engineering, vol. 197, pp. 1-11, (2020).
- J. Oh, C. Min, S. Cho, D. Bae, and H. Kim, "Concept of an advanced simulation-based design for engineering support of offshore plant equipment industries and its realization method", Ocean Engineering, vol. 121, pp. 369-381, (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2016.05.028
- K. Do, and J. Kim, " A Study o n the Predictability of Eastern Winter Storm Waves Using Operational Wind Forecasts of KMA", Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 223-233, (2018). https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2018.30.5.223
- J. Oh, C. Min, S. Cho, S. Park, K. Sung, H. Kim, D. Bae, and J. Lim, "CAE-based proper design method for the efficient production of hydraulic cylinder", Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 1243-1252, (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-018-0228-3
- J. W. Oh, J. Y. Jung, H. W. Kim, S. Hong, K. Y. Sung, and D. S. Bae, "Gap size effect on the tribological characteristics of the roller for deep-sea mining robot", Marine Georesources & Geotechnology, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 120-126, (2017). https://doi.org/10.1080/1064119X.2015.1114544