- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study on the Improvement of City Gas Buried Double Piping Integrity
도시가스 매설이중배관 건전성 향상에 관한 실험적 연구
- Lim, Hyung-Duk (Dept. of Emergency and Disaster Management, Inje University (Safety Engineering Major))
- 임형덕 (인제대학교 재난관리학 안전공학 전공)
- Received : 2020.07.11
- Accepted : 2020.08.17
- Published : 2020.10.31
City gas buried pipes are managed by corrosion protection to prevent corrosion. In the case of the press-in section, the double pipe and the main pipe may cause corrosion under the influence of stray current, which can shorten the life of the pipes. In addition, if the insulator is filled in the press-in section, the press-in section itself is a single structure, and can be directly affected by external impact, and when the surrounding ground subsidence occurs, the stress may be concentrated, resulting in serious consequences. In this study, a serration-type shock absorber in the form of a sliding support was proposed as a new buried double piping construction method using EPS. The serration-type shock absorber can contribute to the improvement of the integrity of the buried double piping, as it can utilize the gas piping's own ductility and stress distribution characteristics with proper anti-corrosion management and shock-absorbing material properties by preventing contact inside the buried double pipe. However, for application to ground piping, there remains a task to supplement the vulnerability against fire due to the characteristics of EPS materials.
- T. H. Ha, J. H. Bae, and H. G. Lee, et al., "Coating defect survey of underground buried pipelines," Journal of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 2005, no. 7, pp. 61, (2005).
- W. G. Han, J. H. Kim, and S. H. Kil, et al., "A study on the method of evaluating the integrity of buried piping," Journal of The Korean Institute for Gas, no. 10, pp. 164, (2019).
- Y. S. Kim, S. Y. Li, K. W. Park, et al., "Mathematical Modeling on the Corrosion Behavior of the Steel Casing and Pipe in Cathodic Protection System," Journal of The Korean Institute for Gas, no. 2, pp. 41-45, (1998).
- J. H. Lee, Y. D. Jo, Y. J. Lee, "Failure Mechanism Analysis by Failure Causes of Buried Pipelines," Journal of The Korean Institute for Gas, pp. 204, (2016).
- O. S. Lee, J. S. Pyun, "Failure Probability Model of Buried Pipeline," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 117-122, (2001).
- S. G. Gwon, S. K. Hong, J. H. Kim, "Simple Evaluation of Structural Safety of Gas Pipeline under Differential Settlement," Journal of The Korean Institute for Gas, pp. 43, (2018).
- W. S. Kim, "Material Properties and Welding Procedure of Natural Gas Pipeline," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, no. 9, pp. 41-42, (1997).
- K. W. Kim, J. G. Cheol, J. Y. Sohn, "Correlation between Dynamic Modulus of Resilient Material and Light Weight Floor Impact Sound Reduction," Journal of The Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 886-895, (2008). https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2008.18.8.886
- G. G. Song, Y. J. Yun, C. S. Lee, "A Study on Measuring of Dynamic Stiffness of Resilient Materials," Journal of The Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, no. 4, pp. 108-109, (2016).